Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Deleted Thor vs Vision fighting scene from Age of Ultron

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool this has actually been made public after the earlier build up and speculation, then subsequent disappointment of the fight between Thor and Vision, shame a lot of it didn't get polished off with the finishing CGI touches.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I understand why they cut this, Age of Ultron already had more than enough action and fight scenes. But even without the CGI additions, this looked like a solid and well done fight scene that could have introduced Vision's powers to the audiences in a much clearer way than the film actually does. It would have made general audiences aware that Vision can turn intangible at least. Plus Thor comes off well in this fight taking on Vision with hand to hand combat and brute strength mixed together in an effective combo.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think Vision should have been in the film at all but since they went in that direction i think they should have kept this scene. Vision copying Thor's costume while they fight seems more natural then him just randomly looking at Thor and deciding to have a cape for one. Also - good fight.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I understand why they cut this, Age of Ultron already had more than enough action and fight scenes. But even without the CGI additions, this looked like a solid and well done fight scene that could have introduced Vision's powers to the audiences in a much clearer way than the film actually does. It would have made general audiences aware that Vision can turn intangible at least.

Yeah, definitely agree.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a question:does Vision stands a chance against Thor in the comics???

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would've been much better in the film. Without resorting to overt dialogue they could've introduced Vision this way. Someone who is powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with Thor as well as show off his other abilities like intangibility. Liked the scene where he copied Thor's costume. I think that was the first time Thor has been shown to have hand-to-hand fighting skills in lengthy detail (other than the first Thor when he was banished). Quite a difference from his pathetic showing in The Dark World.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:

sadly no.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:

sadly no.

With the Mind Stone? Why not? Seriously guys please try to acknowledge all the plot points! And separate the mediums, Happens that live action Vision was constructed differently, and so was Thor, no Blake right?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Vision doesn't have the mind stone in the comics though. Just density shifting, intangibility and solar energy emission. Not enough to beat Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@asgaard: Vision doesn't have the mind stone in the comics though. Just density shifting, intangibility and solar energy emission. Not enough to beat Thor.

Obviously! But in this fight scenario Vision has the mind stone so we have to acknowledge different variables that can balance the fight!

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6:

No, but it seems like he does stand a good chance in the movie. By looking at this scene in 1vs1 i would say Vision wins with high difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Well...It was a pure fist exchange, nothing really impressive

But it was cool though, they should have kept it.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix said:

@goodboy6:

No, but it seems like he does stand a good chance in the movie. By looking at this scene in 1vs1 i would say Vision wins with high difficulty.

damn,MCU really does justice to Thor :)

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@goodboy6 said:
    @botanix said:

@goodboy6:

damn,MCU really does justice to Thor :)

One shotting the Detroyer, tanking Ultron, fighting 2 infinity gem users, busting a city. Yup

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:
    @titing2101 said:
    @goodboy6 said:

sadly no.

With the Mind Stone? Why not? Seriously guys please try to acknowledge all the plot points! And separate the mediums, Happens that live action Vision was constructed differently, and so was Thor, no Blake right?

he asked for the comics. In the movies he might. thor was toned down in the movies

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Asgaard

@titing2101 said:
    @asgaard said:
    @titing2101 said:
    @goodboy6 said:

sadly no.

he asked for the comics. In the movies he might. thor was toned down in the movies

But Vision only can in the movies because of the mind stone, obviously at some point Thanos will have that stone, there are several possibilities, one is Vision's death (without the Mind Stone), other is him being downgraded in terms of Power levels... What i m trying to say since the beginning is that this fight was not Thor vs Vision but Thor vs Vision (powered by the mind stone) because there is no evidence yet that he can't be Vision without this stone!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: That's my mistake then, I thought you were talking about the comics Vision and not the movie Vision. I agree in that case, cinematic universe power levels are much more different than the extravagant feats comic books can get away with. Movie Vision can at least give Movie Thor a fight.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@asgaard: That's my mistake then, I thought you were talking about the comics Vision and not the movie Vision. I agree in that case, cinematic universe power levels are much more different than the extravagant feats comic books can get away with. Movie Vision can at least give Movie Thor a fight.

everyone can give Thor a fight.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, during the trouble ght, did thor break visions neck?, he also dodged a mindstone blast point blank. The fight was meh anyway

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible fight IMO. Thor should have defeated him easily, due to his training and actually knowing how to fight. I can understand them wanting to make Vision more equal since things need to be more balanced in the movie but I'm very happy this was cut. Thor looked bad here for a warrior like he is.

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good choreography but too low key, its good it was cut as it didnt do justice to their power in my opinion, maybe they could have had them do battle of manhattan and finish with thor throwing him back into the tower.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@botanix: Should be noted I doubt Thor went into that fight going all out knowing what he knew about the Vision. Thor knew he had to help create him and that he would be essential to the upcoming threat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.