Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Could Beta Ray Bill work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Let me get this out of the way, I'm a major Thor fan. When it comes to Marvel heroes, he's always at the top of my list. As such I also love his supporting cast. Granted Bill isn't technically a part of it, but he's an ally of Thor's and without the Odinson he wouldn't even have Stormbreaker.

Now on to my main point. Could Beta Ray Bill work in a live action setting? I think they could do his look with practical make-up, provided they shorten his face some. I think with the MCU going more cosmic, that that means we can get into races like Kree, Skrull, and yes even Korbonites which are Bill's people.

I think it would make an interesting Thor sequel. Heck they could even reference Bill in Guardians of the Galaxy!

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By selinaky

I'm also a BRB fan, but somehow I can't imagine him in the films. I think people might get confused about him, and wonder why another Thor-like character is needed. Then again, they had War Machine in Iron Man 2. He'd need to be in Thor 3, and need a lot of screen time for Korbanites backstory, meeting Thor, getting Stormbreaker, fighting alongside Thor etc. I can't see it happening somehow... It would be awesome, though.

I'm curious about Balder, where is he?

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ThePhoenX

@Selinaky said:

I'm also a BRB fan, but somehow I can't imagine him in the films. I think people might get confused about him, and wonder why another Thor-like character is needed. Then again, they had War Machine in Iron Man 2. He'd need to be in Thor 3, and need a lot of screen time for Korbanites backstory, meeting Thor, getting Stormbreaker, fighting alongside Thor etc. I can't see it happening somehow... It would be awesome, though.

Feel the same! And (big) shame on me, I didn't even think about Balder when I saw the film!!! ;(

@Marvel Animation : Wake Up Guys!!!

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By selinaky

@ThePhoenX said:

@Selinaky said:

Feel the same! And (big) shame on me, I didn't even think about Balder when I saw the film!!! ;(

@Marvel Animation : Wake Up Guys!!!

Neither did I actually, then afterwards I thought 'Where was Balder?' haha. I wonder if he will be in any future films...

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Selinaky: I think it COULD work, if set up right. Thor: The Dark World is probably going to be set off earth entirely. They could have something that happens in that movie cause the cataclysm that destroys Bill's galaxy with him and his race leaving it as the post credits scene. I think it could be interesting and they don't NEED to make him like the comics where he has the EXACT same powers as Thor. I'm sure they could do it if they wanted too.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By selinaky

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@Selinaky: I think it COULD work, if set up right. Thor: The Dark World is probably going to be set off earth entirely. They could have something that happens in that movie cause the cataclysm that destroys Bill's galaxy with him and his race leaving it as the post credits scene. I think it could be interesting and they don't NEED to make him like the comics where he has the EXACT same powers as Thor. I'm sure they could do it if they wanted too.

If they managed to make it work well I'd be very impressed. If done right it could be awesome, but as you said, I imagine the character would have to be a bit different than in comics. Would love to see BRB/ Thor team up against a villain!

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Selinaky said:

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

No.

He's to obscure, to odd looking and to similar to Thor in power.

Thus, it wouldn't make any sense to have him in a movie.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By fodigg

If they had trouble bringing even Silver Surfer to cinema I think Beta Ray Bill would just be too weird. Which is a shame.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@PowerHerc: So you're saying that he shouldn't appear at all? I'd just be thankful if they had him show up. I wouldn't even care if they didn't give him Stormbreaker though lifting Mjolnir would be a must.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

@Smart_Dork_Dude:

Yep, that's what I'm saying.

Beta Ray Bill in a Thor movie is redundant.

Not to mention there are better characters to put in a future movie.

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@PowerHerc: I see what you're saying, but isn't having War Machine in an Iron Man movie redundant? War Machine is just a grey and black Iron Man with a few extra weapons. I call his whole role in the movie fan-service since he wasn't even referenced in The Avengers.

Normally I wouldn't have brought this up, but with Marvel Studios going into Cosmic Marvel I couldn't help but think about the possibility of BRB making an appearance in a Thor sequel given how he IS a Cosmic character.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@PowerHerc: I see what you're saying, but isn't having War Machine in an Iron Man movie redundant? War Machine is just a grey and black Iron Man with a few extra weapons. I call his whole role in the movie fan-service since he wasn't even referenced in The Avengers.

Normally I wouldn't have brought this up, but with Marvel Studios going into Cosmic Marvel I couldn't help but think about the possibility of BRB making an appearance in a Thor sequel given how he IS a Cosmic character.

I want BRB, I love him.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @PowerHerc said:

No.

Agreed.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PowerHerc

@TheGoldenOne: I'm glad someone else sees it the same way. Thanks!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#15  Edited By TheCannon

Yes, it could work. I think Surtur should be in Thor 3, and I think going the EMH route could work.

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By The_Thunderer

@TheGoldenOne said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Agreed.

Thirded.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGodofThunder

possibly http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=39702

No Caption Provided
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I think its possible

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possible, but very difficult. BRB never made it as more than a niche fav in the comics and he would be extremely difficult to transition to film.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By THORSON

of course.

would be one of the first movie to show powerful entities.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THORSON

@The_Thunderer said:

@TheGoldenOne said:

@PowerHerc said:

No.

Agreed.

Thirded.

you all lack hope. such a petty... and tiny.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.