Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Anyone else ever heard of this fight?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In Thor 310, Thor is taken to Mephisto's realm and fights him to a draw with Mephisto admitting he can't beat Thor in his own domain so that he is forced to free some humans he had taken there before they had died. I just read it recently but had never seen this battle mentioned before.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was that he couldn't manipulate Thor's soul because his will was too great.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: In the fight I referenced they flat out fought and Thor was too strong for him to beat.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I don't remember the exact context, so I don't know if that's correct.

waterbottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

In Thor 310, Thor is taken to Mephisto's realm and fights him to a draw with Mephisto admitting he can't beat Thor in his own domain so that he is forced to free some humans he had taken there before they had died. I just read it recently but had never seen this battle mentioned before.

Thor is just as omnipotent in Mephisto's own realm as Mephisto. Confirmed.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spambot

@heirtothekingdom: What I stated is correct. I have the comic and just read it last night. They have tangled before in an earlier Thor comic though(around Thor 200 I think) which is the confrontation you are referencing most likely.

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Mephisto could not manipulate or corrupt the soul of Thor because he is too noble and pure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.