Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

all new marvel

Thunderer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is anyone else worried that the 616 thor might not return. Amid all these promos there is no mention of him and with ulrimate thor being front and center in thors and the blending of the universes, it seems our thor could possibly not come back. Just a worry of mine.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

They'll most likely bring in Ultimate Thor and gradually turn him into movie Thor

Thunderer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: unfortunately i can see that happening and that is when ill stop reading comics.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By arthurkerr

one less comic I have to buy I cannot stand Ultimate Thor myself.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe
    Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can't keep him dead forever. It is odd that theres been no mention of him or anything. Nothing at all.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaveAtThee

He'll be back in time for the lead-up to Ragnarok. Same as Steve Rogers. The world knows them as their "brand," not Sam Wilson and Jane Foster.

Honestly, I think it's better off if he's put on ice. Lessens the amount of damage anyone can do to his character, and will make his return all the sweeter, though it all depends who they tap to script the title once Jason Aaron's run concludes.

Dawgfan229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have collected Thor comics for about roughly 30 years. I have 4 of 12 comics left and I can not wait for my subscription to run out! Marvel has killed Thor multiple times replaced him and it has truly gotten old. They will bring him back sooner or later but I won't be back.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have collected Thor comics for about roughly 30 years. I have 4 of 12 comics left and I can not wait for my subscription to run out! Marvel has killed Thor multiple times replaced him and it has truly gotten old. They will bring him back sooner or later but I won't be back.

You could unsub and save a few bucks.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By uugieboogie

@dawgfan229 said:

I have collected Thor comics for about roughly 30 years. I have 4 of 12 comics left and I can not wait for my subscription to run out! Marvel has killed Thor multiple times replaced him and it has truly gotten old.They will bring him back sooner or later but I won't be back.

I feel your pain

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dawgfan229 said:

I have collected Thor comics for about roughly 30 years. I have 4 of 12 comics left and I can not wait for my subscription to run out! Marvel has killed Thor multiple times replaced him and it has truly gotten old.They will bring him back sooner or later but I won't be back.

I feel your pain

Yeah, how many times has Marvel had someone else take on the powers and identity of Thor? Of course now they'd have you believe it's all new and different because it's a girl this time.

Avatar image for sebastiansodyssey
    SebastiansOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! 30 years collecting Thor comics is a lot, i bet is a huge collection. I had the chance to work as a creative director for one of the Thor movies designing the main title and I really understand what you feel about this inmense transition Thor has suffered over the years. I am actually working in my own project now and would love to share it with you guys if you dont mind? seems you know a lot and you can give me an honest opinion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.