Follow

The Walking Dead

Series »

Police officer Rick Grimes leads a group of survivors in a world overrun by zombies. Fighting for their lives each day and trying to find and establish a new home in a world riddled with not just zombies, but also something more dangerous, human beings.

AMC's 'Fear the Walking Dead' Begins Production

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

If you've been having Walking Dead withdrawals, you won't have to wait too much longer. AMC's spin off series, Fear the Walking Dead started production today. What makes the show different is it will be set in Los Angeles and takes place around the time when the outbreak first started, something we haven't really seen much of.

No Caption Provided

There might be some that feel they've had too much of the zombie shenanigans. What makes this interesting is that it's completely separate from its parent show. That means if you haven't been watching The Walking Dead lately or simply aren't caught up, you'll be able to start watching this show with no concerns.

Here's a behind-the-scenes video on the start of the production.

Here's more info from AMC's press release:

AMC announced today the start of production on its highly anticipated new series, “Fear the Walking Dead,” in Vancouver. Additional filming will also take place in Los Angeles at a later date.

A companion series to “The Walking Dead,” the #1 show on television among adults 18-49, “Fear the Walking Dead” is executive produced by Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, David Alpert and showrunner David Erickson and produced by AMC Studios. Co-Executive Producer Adam Davidson, who directed the pilot, is also directing the second and third episodes. The series’ first season, consisting of six one-hour episodes, will premiere on AMC in late summer.

“‘Fear the Walking Dead’ takes us back to the earlier, more dangerous, more terrifying days of ‘The Walking Dead,’” said Kirkman. “A time when danger was lurking around every corner and the thing mostly likely to get you killed was your own ignorance of the rapidly changing world around you. The stakes are going to be higher and the ride more intense. We're going to show people all the insanity of civilization crumbling that Rick Grimes slept through. Buckle up."

“I could not be more thrilled to be continuing on this apocalyptic journey, dramatizing the horrific disintegration of society through the lens of a dysfunctional family. We've assembled a stellar cast and crew to tell our story -- it's going to be a great ride,” said Erickson.

“Fear the Walking Dead,” which is set in Los Angeles and focuses on new characters and storylines, stars Kim Dickens (Gone Girl, “Sons of Anarchy”) as Madison, Cliff Curtis (“Missing,” “Gang Related”) as Travis, Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) as Nick and Alycia Debnam-Carey (Into the Storm) as Alicia. Also joining the cast as series regulars are Elizabeth Rodriguez (“Orange is the New Black”) as Liza and Mercedes Mason (Quarantine 2: Terminal) as Ofelia.

Do you plan on watching the show?

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Wow I am excited

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Do I plan on watching? ?

Come on. I'm all over this like stink on a Walker.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll be watching. Wish it was more than six episodes and started sooner. There's nothing on during the summer.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Cant watch the video

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By KritikalMassX

It's funny that Alycia Debnam-Carey was also on that Into The Storm movie alongside Sarah Wayne Callies aka Lori on the original series...And now, she's on this spin-off.

Still, I do hope that this is good.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So we gotta deal with more morons getting themselves killed? Cool.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After watching Z Nation, Walking Dead almost puts me to sleep these days. You mean to tell me that they are spread this thing EVEN THINNER by wasting good ideas on a second show. What I mean is: if they come up with an awesome new type of zombie (a la the charred walkers or the walkers raining from the ceiling) they will blow their wad on Walking Dead West and still leave us to yawn through Walking Dead Prime.

I could see if they had too much awesome stuff for Prime. But no. They have too LITTLE awesome stuff for Prime. They have one good episode followed by three that make you wanna stick yourself with a thumbtack to try and stay awake.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@edblank: They have the entire comic to follow for the normal Walking Dead, they can do anything they like in Fear.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EdBlank

@edblank: They have the entire comic to follow for the normal Walking Dead, they can do anything they like in Fear.

But there's only so many zombie gags.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward for this !!! Since WD is off til October and all my other series are finished off, i neex some new shows.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Can't wait to eat more brains.

Bonzi161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never got into the show. Ive been reading the comic since the beginning and was into it until Darabont left. The show is not "Bad" now but it is making calls that I find less interesting than the comics. With this I feel like maybe there is a chance to recapture some of that excitement again... although I will still hold out hope that some deprived channel will make a Crossed show...

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They better give back Alycia Debnam-Carey in time for The 100 to start filming!

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There might be some that feel they've had too much of the zombie shenanigans.

There might be some that feel they have had too much awesome, you mean! I fell off the TWD wagon mid-season two because I just lost interest but I picked it back up over spring break and it was non-stop binge watching until I made it though season 5. TWD is a show that gets progressively better every season.

That said, I am pumped. This show gets to benefit from the work that the parent show put in. All the mistakes that the parent show made, this one doesn't have to make because they already know what works and what doesn't.

ZOMBIESSSSSS!!!!

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Can't wait for it to air.

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Transformers1024

Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zombie gags. Flaming zombie, zombie in the well, little kid zombies, zombies raining from the ceiling, zombie pets, etc.. I fond that interesting NEW zombie gags are coming fewer and further between as it is. Spreading it out between two shows will thin it even more

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: media has been doing that since the very first zombie movie, I don't think one more show will break the bank.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.