Is there a more overrated show on TV than The Walking Dead?

• 116 results
    Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

Edited By Xanni15

To be fair and honest, I do watch this show and I liked the first season so this isn't just random hating, but it has gone straight downhill after that. Season 2 was so awful and a waste of time, and season 3 so far hasn't really done anything except add a few more zombies to the show as opposed to season 2.

I know it's all about different tastes and opinions, and that I don't have to watch it, yeah yeah; yet, how this show can be held to such high standards is beyond me. It's predictable and filled with annoying moments, and the show in general is incredibly inconsistent.

I've also read about 5 issues of the comics and really don't see why it was adapted in the first place. Gotta fill the air time, I suppose.

Judging from what I have read around here this opinion seems to be the minority.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I feel that Big Bang Theory is overrated based on the amount of people that watch it.

The Walking Dead isn't super big in the UK (or at least where I am) yet everyone seems to watch Big Bang Theory AND find it funny...

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Xanni15

@Pwok21: that's another good pick, I dislike that show too.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DH69

lost, sex in the city, and american idol come to mind, stopped watching walking dead because they spent half a season looking for a girl EVERYONE KNEW WAS DEAD!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
    deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@DH69 said:

lost, sex in the city, and american idol come to mind, stopped watching walking dead because they spent half a season looking for a girl EVERYONE KNEW WAS DEAD!

People still watch American Idol?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By agent9149

For shame. The walking dead deserves all of its fameglory. I must admit it didn't start this season with a good foot but please. It deserves it fame.

PDBL77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By PDBL77

The Walking Dead is good and entertaining, but definitely not a great show, imo. I have never found the characters very engaging and have only ever cared for 1 or 2 of them. The 2 old guys on the show were/are the only ones who were well written. Some people refer to it as the best show on TV. To those people I ask, "Have you ever watched Homeland or Dexter? Those shows have characters I actually care about."

Its not that I don't like the show. I just don't love it. I think the main appeal of it is the violence. Which I get. Its just not the best thing ever.

ComicKID777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ComicKID777

its cause your basing the whole show that has 3 seasons off of half of the second season which was bad but all shows have a speed bump like that.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xanni15

@DH69 said:

You're out of your mind, Lost is one of the GOAT.

@ComicKID777 said:

its cause your basing the whole show that has 3 seasons off of half of the second season which was bad but all shows have a speed bump like that.

I'm basing it off the entire series so far. S1 was okay, S2 was the worst, and S3 is meh. Nothing groundbreaking or new here.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lilben42

I hate the Walking Dead its so dumb to me. What are they doing in the show. There is no change in the plot they kill zombies, make human enemies, and find shelter. The little city stuff is kind of a change but just annoying to me. The characters in the show are so boring except Rick.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xanni15

@lilben42 said:

I hate the Walking Dead its so dumb to me. What are they doing in the show. There is no change in the plot they kill zombies, make human enemies, and find shelter. The little city stuff is kind of a change but just annoying to me.

Exactly, it's mindless. The plot is razor thin, no likable characters outside of maybe three or so, no character evolution or believable relationships. I could go on.

Xcalibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Xcalibur

Say anything about The Walking Dead. But don't hate Maggie! I love her!

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Breaking Bad......Who am I kidding? That show is epic b!tch.

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilben42

@Xanni15: Yeah but, people see zombies, guns, and knives and they like the show. Its so simple minded hopefully something happens in that show.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xanni15

@Xcalibur: She's actually decent, but her relationship with Glen is so forced and unbelievable.

@DarkKnightDetective: Never watched an episode. That good, huh?

@lilben42 said:

@Xanni15: Yeah but, people see zombies, guns, and knives and they like the show. Its so simple minded hopefully something happens in that show.

I've been waiting 2 1/2 seasons for something to happen, doesn't look like they'll do anything but milk this for all it is worth.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By JamesKM716

I absolutely love the show because of the tension.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Xanni15: You haven't watched it? Go to netflix and watch it now. It's genius.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xanni15

@JamesKM716: What tension? I'm not being sarcastic, it's a legitimate question.

@DarkKnightDetective: I'll add it to my list, I've got a few shows to catch up on. Thanks for the recommendation. :]

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@Xanni15:

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I totally disagree.

I think the show is fantastic and is one of the best TV series on right now.

Season One was good,it went a little slow in parts but so did season two,I thought overall though it was great.The acting is top notch the writing is good.And I think season three has actually been the best season so far.It didn't feel as slow and it was faster paced,the episodes seemed shorter.And they actually have proper villain (s).

There are plenty of likeable characters,and most of the main cast have changed and evolved in a variety of ways.

That is not say it doesn't have its flaws I am not saying that but the good outweighs the bad.

I also think the term overrated gets thrown around way too much,since anything that becomes popular today eventually has that word attached to it.

stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stoneo

Jersey Shore, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries those are just a few that come to mind.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Mad Men, it's incredibly boring, just a bunch of rich white men sitting around smoking cigarettes and having affairs. 

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Xanni15

@mrdecepticonleader said:

The acting is top notch the writing is good.

The acting is amateurish IMO, though the script isn't the greatest either so maybe that's why I feel the way I do.

It didn't feel as slow and it was faster paced,the episodes seemed shorter.And they actually have proper villain (s).

S3 has felt faster than S2 but what wouldn't? None of the "villains" actually pose a legit threat to the Ricktatorship. Governor and Meryl? Psh.

There are plenty of likeable characters,and most of the main cast have changed and evolved in a variety of ways.

Name one, and how they've changed, please. I'll give you Rick becoming more unstable, but other than that, nope. They're the same as they always were, except that they never miss when they shoot (totally believable btw).

I also think the term overrated gets thrown around way too much,since anything that becomes popular today eventually has that word attached to it.

Okay? I laid out some of my reasoning so my use of the word should have been clear. What word would YOU like me to use?

Bushwhacker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Bushwhacker_

The show is awesome. An' keeps me wanting more with every episode. Ah loved Season 2, an' Season 3 is the best so far..

But everyone has their own opinion, ah reckon'.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YoungJustice

I enjoy it. Only because of Carol though..

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Xanni15

@stoneo said:

Jersey Shore, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries those are just a few that come to mind.

Never watched JS before, but wasn't it cancelled? As for the others, I'll take your word for it, but I don't think they're as popular.

@The Stegman said:

Mad Men, it's incredibly boring, just a bunch of rich white men sitting around smoking cigarettes and having affairs.

Good pick, I never could get into that one either.

@Bushwhacker_ said:

The show is awesome. An' keeps me wanting more with every episode. Ah loved Season 2, an' Season 3 is the best so far..

But everyone has their own opinion, ah reckon'.

Truth enough, thank you for commenting. :]

@YoungJustice said:

I enjoy it. Only because of Carol though..

... No comment. ;)

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xanni15 said:

The acting is top notch the writing is good.

The acting is amateurish IMO, though the script isn't the greatest either so maybe that's why I feel the way I do.

It didn't feel as slow and it was faster paced,the episodes seemed shorter.And they actually have proper villain (s).

S3 has felt faster than S2 but what wouldn't? None of the "villains" actually pose a legit threat to the Ricktatorship. Governor and Meryl? Psh.

Name one, and how they've changed, please. I'll give you Rick becoming more unstable, but other than that, nope. They're the same as they always were, except that they never miss when they shoot (totally believable btw).

Okay? I laid out some of my reasoning so my use of the word should have been clear. What word would YOU like me to use?

Whoa steady on there. I was just simply voicing my opinion just as you have done. I have as much right to as you do pal.

Well I disagree I think the acting is good and it is well written.I think they have done well to keep the writing suspenseful and surprising.

Well they did,considering they kidnapped part of Ricks group and forced them to tell them where they where located.

Shane he completely changed and went over the edge.Daryl has too he has become more caring and more human which is a good contrast to Rick and Shane whilst Shane went over the top,Daryl the opposite and Rick is kind of in the middle struggling with his humanity.Carl has changed he has become alot more independent.So that is just a few examples really.

Don't know don't really care what words you use just coming back with my thoughts and why I think what you are saying is total BS.Again that is what I think so don't take offense to that

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssejllenrad

The one that goes....

Somebody saaaaaaaave meeeeeee.... Let your warm hands break right through and Somebody saaaaaaaaaave meeeeeeee.....

Good thing that nightmare is over now.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xanni15

Whoa steady on there. I was just simply voicing my opinion just as you have done. I have as much right to as you do pal.

What? Never said otherwise, pal. o.O

Well I disagree I think the acting is good and it is well written.I think they have done well to keep the writing suspenseful and surprising.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.

Well they did,considering they kidnapped part of Ricks group and forced them to tell them where they where located.

And what led to that? Aformer member of Rick's group walking right into the Gov's hands, and also because of Meryl being with him. Hardly a threat if Rick's group had stayed put, I mean Meryl couldn't even clear out the prison...

Shane he completely changed and went over the edge.Daryl has too he has become more caring and more human which is a good contrast to Rick and Shane whilst Shane went over the top,Daryl the opposite and Rick is kind of in the middle struggling with his humanity.Carl has changed he has become alot more independent.So that is just a few examples really.

Shane's dead, and I actually liked his character, He did have depth. I guess you're right about Daryl, but Carl's not more independent nor is he believable. So we'll disagree again.

Don't know don't really care what words you use just coming back with my thoughts and why I think what you are saying is total BS.Again that is what I think so don't take offense to that

So you come into my blog and criticize the words I used then act surprised when I take issue with it? Your critique of the word "overrated" was pointless and added nothing to this discussion Looks like you're the one who needs to "Whoa steady on there." If you can't keep things civil, please stop posting in this blog.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Xanni15

@ssejllenrad: Excellent pick but thankfully that mess is over with and doesn't qualify. :P

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

I am not fan of zombies at all. So yeah, I don't care for the show. Can't really name a more overrated one because I don't watch TV that much.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#31  Edited By turoksonofstone

Walking Dead is underrated.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ToO_RaW
    This is me before
    This is me before
    This is me after...
    This is me after...
    Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Xanni15said:

@ssejllenrad: Excellent pick but thankfully that mess is over with and doesn't qualify. :P

@ssejllenrad

said:

The one that goes....

Somebody saaaaaaaave meeeeeee.... Let your warm hands break right through and Somebody saaaaaaaaaave meeeeeeee.....

Good thing that nightmare is over now.

you guys both suck. Smallville was great, yeah it had its ups and downs but what show hasnt? whats better walking dead and breaking bad? Zombies and Meth so metal!

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xanni15

@turoksonofstone: what makes you say that?

@ToO_RaW: You look tired in that second pic, you should get some sleep. ;)

@AllStarSuperman: I agree, Smallville was better than TWD, I haven't watched any of Breaking Bad yet so I can't comment.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Xanni15: oh i honestly have seen like one episode and hated it.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Xanni15

@AllStarSuperman: We all have different tastes so I might agree with you when I get to watch it.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#37  Edited By akbogert

What little I've seen of Breaking Bad seemed like it was a little too aware of its own grittiness, but I wouldn't call it bad.

TWD, I...I've tried. I've watched a couple episodes. I've been in the room while it's been on. It just seems really slow to me, but not necessarily bad. I wouldn't be able to judge that without having really watched. But I think it probably does qualify as overrated, because just about every person I know is obsessed with it and I don't usually hear folks saying "meh."

TVD is my guilty pleasure, and I don't even care whether it's good or bad.

Only shows that might be more overrated (based on what I hear people talk about) are Doctor Who and Downton Abbey, because I kind of can't believe any show could be as good as people say those two are. I have no doubt they're wonderful, but people will not shut up about them.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@Xanni15: what are some shows you watch cause I've already watched heroes and small ville. I was thinking bout watching burn notice from the start. I was also gonna watch robin hood.

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By Alchemax_7

Blame Carl

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Xanni15

@akbogert: Thanks for posting. I'm not insulting anyone who watches the show, I just posted my thoughts. Seems like some agree with me and some don't. I'm still going to watch it. :]

@AllStarSuperman: Currently? TWD, Revenge, Once Upon A Time, Justified, The Good Wife, and Game of Thrones. I've heard good things about Burn Notice. Tried Robin Hood (the BBC one, right?), but it was too silly for me.

@Glitch_Spawn: Why do you say that?

ComicKID777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComicKID777

@Xanni15: what do you consider good tv? Its a good drama an in that aspect it succeeds

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Xanni15

@Alchemax_7 said:

Blame Carl

Oh, I do. Him and that stupid hat. lol

@ComicKID777 said:

@Xanni15: what do you consider good tv? Its a good drama an in that aspect it succeeds

If you're asking me what shows I currently watch, I posted them on the last page. I do also watch a lot of shows that are no longer on.

Alchemax_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Xanni15

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Glitch_Spawn: Why do you say that?

It seems like such a universally liked show. Not to say that that automatically makes something good but there aren't a lot of bad things most have to say about the comic or the TV series it seems like.

I get that, but I'm not attacking those who watch or even like the show, I watch it and liked the first season. I even created a blog about it as opposed to a regular thread, I thought that would make it more obvious that this is strictly my opinion. Plus I've even hoped for a discussion and tried to address each post.

Fair enough, but you know what they say "If everyone thinks the same, nobody's thinking." :]

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Xanni15

@Alchemax_7: LOL, I have no clue why they don't. It would make the show better, unless his character adds "suspense."

ComicKID777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ComicKID777

@Xanni15: i can't seem to find it. Walking dead over all is a great show the only thing they have done bad so far would be the super slow pacing of season 2 an the death of shane which took some major conflicts out of the show but it changed rick into a way more interesting character not the bore he used to be

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Xanni15

@ComicKID777 said:

@Xanni15: i can't seem to find it. Walking dead over all is a great show the only thing they have done bad so far would be the super slow pacing of season 2 an the death of shane which took some major conflicts out of the show but it changed rick into a way more interesting character not the bore he used to be

My mistake, it was actually at the top of this page. Here you go: Currently TWD, Revenge, Once Upon A Time, Justified, The Good Wife, and Game of Thrones.

I was just posting my thoughts about the series overall, and I understand it's both incredibly popular and liked.

As for Rick, I just feel like he's gone off the deep end, but not in a believable way. He held himself together in a zombie apocalypse, that should have been the worst of it. I do agree taking Shane out of it was a bad idea, as was season 2.

@Glitch_Spawn:

Thanks. :]

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.