The Olympian is the Gargarean counterpart to Wonder Woman. He was created out of Zeus's desire to make a new race of heroes to do that which he felt the Amazons have failed. Zeus made him from the heart of Kane Milohai, the God who gave Diana his blessing when the Olympians abandoned the world. Zeus calls him Achilles.
Birth and purpose
When the Olympians returned from their imprisonment by Darkseid, They found their homes and world in ruin. Grieving over his lost home, Zeus, king of the gods concluded that their champions, the Amazons, failed in their duty to protect them, and thus a new race of champions must be created.
To this end, Zeus created the Olympians, ancient heroes risen from the grave and given new purpose. He gave them a home, Thalarion and tasked them with bringing peace to mankind.
But this was not the end of his plan. He still needed a prime champion, someone to be a counterpart to Diana in the world. So Zeus went out to see Kane Milohai, the God whom Diana owed allegiance to. Zeus asked him to give up her love, and when Kane refused, the two Gods went to battle. The thunder God proved superior, killing Kane Milohai by ripping his heart out.
With his heart, Zeus returned to Thalarion, and there, in front of the Thalarions, he used his divine powers to create a body out of fire. Giving it the heart of a God, Zeus christens him Achilles, the king of Olympians and his new champion. A being of war to fight for peace of mankind.
Achilles and the Olympians soon start fulfilling the task they were given. They promptly storm the U.N. building and
announce how they will do what everyone else has failed: Bring peace. His actions gain the attention of Wonder Woman and the two fight. They seem to be an even match, and the fight ends as Diana flies off to stop a nuclear missile.
Achilles went on with his mission, but soon treachery struck a blow to both Themyscira and Thalarion. Euphemus, one of the reborn heroes, was a servant of Ares, and could command monsters of the sea. Under Ares' orders, he unleashed attacks on both the Amazons and Olympians. The battle which ensued was important in several ways: Ares, the God of war is killed. Second, Diana, learning of what he did to Kane Milhoai, rejects Zeus and is banished from the island. As a result of that, Zeus makes Achilles the joined king of both the Olympians and Amazons.
Naturally, the Amazons don't take this very well, and, feeling that he needs allies among them, Achilles asks Alkyone, one of Hippolyta's former bodyguards, to be his wife.
However, Achilles didn't know what he was getting into, and soon Alkyone started pulling him into her schemes to destroy Wonder Woman. Under her guidance, Achilles forces Wonder Woman into captivity by threatening the life of her mother. However, behind his back, Alkyone actually ordered Hippolyta to be scheduled for death sentence. Achilles is furious, but relents under her arguments.
Soon, however, it becomes clear that Alkyone is up to no good, and Achilles, releasing Diana, joins forces with her to stop Alkyone and her circle.However, before they can stop them, Alkyone summons Cottus, a demon from beneath Themyscira, and is imbued with his might.
Diana, Achilles, and now the rest of the Amazons and Olympians, fight, but Alkyone pierces Achilles through the heart.
This is vain, as Achilles possesses the heart of a God, and soon Alkyone and her circle are killed, and the Cottus is defeated.
In the aftermath, Zeus shows up, explaining his actions. He states that this was in attempt to create a being which would join the Gods and the Ichor (a race which created the Gods). This was meant to be Diana, and then Achilles, but now that they have all rejected him, he has seen the error of his ways. Zeus gives his blessings and departs, as the now peaceful Amazons and Olympians remain, with Achilles presumably still their king.
In the aftermath of the battle with the Cottus and the re-established peace, Achilles sets out to learn about the modern world. He adopts a modern appearance and sets up residence in a manor recommended to him by Diana. He soon realizes that he is not alone in his endeavor. Diana has also sent him an assistant by the Name of Patrick Cleese. A man he recognizes as Patroclus.
He seems to be based in Northern Markovia battling the armies of Markovia. It is not known, if he will be able to have all The Outsiders rejoin to battle with him.
Queen Hippolyta, ruler of Themyscira.
Princess Diana , Wonder Woman
Phillipus, general and former co-ruler of Paradise Island.
Artemis, of Bana-Mighdall, Bana warrior, former co-ruler of Paradise Island and former Wonder Woman.
Donna Troy, the first Wonder Girl and member of the Titans of Myth, Queen Hippolyta's adopted daughter.
Cassandra Sandsmark, the second Wonder Girl, daughter of Zeus.
Nubia, is Wonder Woman's "black sister" Queen Hippolyta's daughter.
Steve Trevor, love interest to Wonder Woman, first man on Themyscira and honorary Amazon.
The Amazons, of Themyscira.
- Height: 6' 1"
- Weight: 195 lbs (89 kg)
- Hair: Blond
- Eyes: Blue
Powers and abilities
The Olympian is extremely strong, durable, and fast, able to match Wonder Woman and overpower any normal Amazon without much trouble. He is also a very proficient fighter, very good at reading his opponent so that he can avoid any attack thrown his way.
Since Achilles' Powers are like that of Wonder Woman's and he can fight and match her powers this puts Achilles in the same class as Superman and Wonder Woman.
- Superhuman Strength: Sufficient to fight in hand to hand even with the likes of Wonder Woman, Eradicator and Geo-Force. Since Achilles possesses strength based on his will power and conviction in battle. When he is unsure of himself it is lessened, when he is sure of himself he has more strength. This putting him in the same category as Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and the Martian Manhunter. He has the ability to lifted far in excess of 100 tons.
- Superhuman Durability: Achilles possesses a high resistance to damage and magical attacks. Like Wonder Woman Achilles is extremely resistant to blunt force attacks since he was able to go hand-to-hand with Wonder Woman and has a vast tolerance for pain, And he can heal at a super-human rate. Achilles is somewhat vulnerable to piercing weapons like Wonder Woman, but unlike her he cannot be killed by piercing his heart thanks to having the heart of an God. This gives Achilles somewhat of an invulnerability.
- Flight: Achilles is capable of unassisted flight through magical means. It it guessed since he was created out of Zeus's desire to make a new race of heroes, Achilles can fly as fast or faster then Wonder Woman.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Achilles was easily able to keep up with Wonder Woman in a Hand-to-Hand battle and she possesses reflex abilities similar to speedsters, such as the Flash. Batman noted that Wonder Woman's reflexes are superior to that of even Superman himself. Achilles would fall under the same reflex level as Wonder Woman, added Achilles ability to avoid attacks as if he knew they were coming, making it difficult for even the most skilled foes to hit him, the ability of Divine Grace that Zeus granted him with.
- Superhuman Speed: Since Achilles has superhuman-reflexes and is able to go toe-to-toe in battle with Wonder Woman, Achilles' speed should be on the same level or greater then Wonder Woman's noted that the fact that Zeus's desire to make a new race of heroes.
- Superhuman Agility: Achilles's agility is far beyond that of even an olympic level athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Achilles can last a great deal of time in any fight and with virtually anyone. he has held his own in combat with foes as powerful as Wonder Woman, Eradicator and Geo-Force.
- Regeneration: The heart of Kane Hilohai gives him great regenerative powers, Achilles is even able to heal wounds as fatal as being stabbed through the chest. Due to his heart once belonging to Kane Milohai, Achilles cannot be killed by stabbing him in the heart, though he does experience trauma associated with such wounds.
- Superhuman Senses: All five of Achilles senses can be used at an superhuman degree.
- Divine Grace: An ability to avoid attacks as if he knew they were coming, making it difficult for even the most skilled foes to land a hit on him.
- Clothing Change: Achilles can magically shift his clothing, normally between civilian and armored guises.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat: Achilles has all the fighting experience and knowledge of Achilles from Greek mythology.
Achilles possesses the spear of Athena, an enchanted spear which adds to his already formidable abilities. A divine spear that can piece any substance and light it's head aflame.
Mysia: Achilles rides a mystical flying elephant with three eyes and two trunks.
Achilles' strength is proportional to his conviction or will in battle. When he is unsure of himself it is weakened.