Follow

The New 52

Concept » The New 52 appears in 296 issues.

DC Comics' controversial 2011 reboot of its entire line of ongoing comic books following the universe altering event, Flashpoint. After Doomsday Clock, it was redefined as Earth-52.

Off My Mind: Do Batman and Flash Remember the Pre-New 52 World?

• 104 results
    Avatar image for patrickjamesday
    patrickjamesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

the new 52's continuity is mostly similar to the old continuity just with vertigo and wildstorm added to it. but all of the shit that happened before like death of superman and all of that its all still part of the new 52 continuity dc has flat out stated that just a few slight differences like instead of it all happening in like 10 or so years its been shrunk down to 5 years and the characters are all younger and superman and lois arent married (yet). just small shit like that is different but the pre flashpoint continuity is still the same as the new 52 continuity so we should all stop worrying and no there is no point in them going back becuase its all basically the same.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm bumping this cause I still don't really know the answer.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raynefr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok,here's what i've gathered incase anyone else still is trying to figure this out..

Batman and Green Lantern's Major events have already happened, albeit we have no idea how.

they havent mentioned Darkseids return or anything about how Batman died, but i'll look around and see if i can find anything. Same with the Blackest night saga.

I agree that the point where Batman and Flash speak(at the end of Flashpoint) is probably at some point in the distant future of New52. It'll probably be a huge event as well.

We do have a grand total of i think 4 Universes. Main Earth, Earth-2(which is an almagation of Silver age heroes and the events of Flashpoint), Earth 3 which is the parallel world Crime syndicate, and Earth 1, where the graphic novels take place, depicting modern retellings of Superheroes in a world based off of our own. Notice Earth 2 maintains the "Classic" stories and versions of our characters. a kinder Superman, whose parents were still alive, Jay Garrick flash, Alan Scott, etc, but also mixes in elements of Flashpoint, such as Thomas Wayne Batman, finding the Kryptonian in a Government Vault, and the quickly approaching apocalypse.

i really hope that the New 52 stays, because, i find it soo much easier to explain the characters as they are now, then as they were before. People still ask me how can Flash beat Superman in a race if Superman can run backwards in time. (-___-).

Also my biggest thing right now is the Batman family timeline:

In justice league 1, they meet for the first time, but batman was a rumor/legend. the zero year confused me a bit. i think it takes place during his first year as batman, but if right after defeating the Red Hood gang, batman was skilled enough to tackle the invasion of Darkseid...well....yeah..no.

Also, the Nightwing origins tell us, he waqs probably in highschool when he became robin, instead of a young child, so probably around 15-17.a year or 2 of Robin, followed by about a year of Jason, and a year or 2 of Tim, but when did he and talia make Damian, and was his growth sped up? is he 3-5 years old?

as for previous stories, i think most of what we remember is more so relevant in the Earth 2 world then in the main one, although it is still highly possible that it happened across both worlds.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.