Follow

The Guild

Volume »

Based off of the popular internet series created by Joss Whedon alumni Felicia Day, The Guild tells the story of a group of online gamers known as the "Knights of Good", and the parallels between their fantasy world, and a sometimes all-too-painful reality.

Review: The Guild #3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
    Last issue Cyd became more immersed in her world of RPG'ing and discovered a shocking secret about her boyfriend. How will she handle this new revelation?

The Good

The story is fun. Throughout the the couple issues you really feel sorry for how pathetic Cyd was. As she started RPG'ing more, you saw that it did boost her confidence in the "real world." The adventures in comics are fun but it's nice to see a little bit of "reality" expressed in a comic. I would imagine that there are people that could somewhat relate to circumstances similar to these.

The Bad

While it's an interesting look at the world of RPG'ing, it's just something I've never done. We do get a conclusion but I'm not sure I'm too crazy about how it ended.

The Verdict - 3.5/5

Now that the "origin" of Cyd is over, I'm not sure where things could go from here. I understand that this comic was based on the we series. Unfortunately, I've never watched it. If there were to be a continuation of the story, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. This series has been entertaining but there would have to be something to hook me into reading more now that Cyd's intro. has been established.
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iloverobots

I picked up the first issue, but then the Canadian release dates were delayed and I kinda forgot about this. Apparently the trade is coming out this summer so I'll just wait for that. You should really check out the web show, it's pretty good even if you're not / never got into MMORPGs, it's nerdish humour for a pretty wide audience I think.

grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By grimm

The web show starts after this. This was a prologue. After this they meet up in person and do a lot of stuff. I guess it would have made more sense if you watched the series because Felicia has referenced prior things in the series that are now being shown in the comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.