Follow

The Green Hornet

Character » The Green Hornet appears in 400 issues.

Green Hornet, with his sidekick Kato, use martial arts as well different weapons like gas guns to fight crime, riding in their car the "Black Beauty."

Seth Rogen On 'The Green Hornet'

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

"There's a lot of pressure"

No Caption Provided

Most of the information we have gotten regarding the production of the 'Green Hornet' film has not exactly been stellar. In the beginning, we saw actor Stephen Chow leave production on the film completely, production of the film was delayed, and the release date was pushed back considerably. However, actor Seth Rogen tells reporters that things are fine and there is nothing to worry about.

"Honestly, I think as a producer, a lot of your work is done before now...It's hiring the right people and making sure all the elements are in place and then trusting them to do what you hired them to do. But I'm there all the time, so I can make sure everything's going well. There's a lot of pressure. I understand that. I've been talking about this movie for years, and if it sucks, no one will be more disappointed than me, believe me."

Seth Rogen also indicated that there were times that it seemed as though Columbia Pictures might stop production on the project.

"It is, I gotta say, an enormous one," Rogen said. "You've still got to make it awesome, so the relief isn't [completely] there yet. I will say, I take a huge amount of the pressure. I understand that. I understand that it's my face on it when it literally comes out. Even if it sucks for another reason, people will blame me, and that's why I have to be so involved to try to make sure that it doesn't suck."

Seems to me like Rogen is feeling a lot of pressure to make sure this movie is a good one, and if it is not, then he will be the one taking the heat for it. From everything you have heard about the film, are you looking forward to seeing the film? 'The Green Hornet' will hit theaters on December 17th, 2010.
    Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

I love Seth Rogen.  I hope this works for him and he can join Favreau in the ranks of funny guy turned super hero director.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hamz
    @Red L.A.M.P. said:
    " I love Seth Rogen.  I hope this works for him and he can join Favreau in the ranks of funny guy turned super hero director. "
    I would have to agree with you. The dude is awesome.
    TicketyTock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TicketyTock

whaaa? is this another gana be May-Hem?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Red L.A.M.P.: Maybe we should see this opening weekend.  Do you have a green coat?  Maybe we could review it like we did Punisher Warzone.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FLStyle

Seth Rogen was slowly turning into another Jack Black for me, he was in too much in too similar roles so I'm glad he's doing something else, I was especially surprised when I saw him listed as Screenplay. Good luck to him.

bx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bx1

I actually trust Rogen on this. He's a smart guy. And, even if he f*cks it up, it's only the Green friggin' Hornet. Just bury it with the E.T. Atari game.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

I saw Knocked up and like him in it. Katherine Heigle is quickly becoming screeching fingernails on a chalk board. Pineapple Express was actually pretty funny, in a Dumb and Dumber kinda way. I think that film should be used as an educational tool to keep kids off drugs. As counter-productive as that might seem. I just hope that Green Hornet is light-hearted without being a comic parody. Iron Man was very cool because of Downy's shallow Stark who can flip the switch and become a different person to be Iron Man. That's a little different than a shallow Bruce Wayne putting on a cowl to become Batman. Stark can be two different people. If Seth Rogan can pull that off...    

bx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bx1
    @AirDave817 said:
    "  I just hope that Green Hornet is light-hearted without being a comic parody. Iron Man was very cool because of Downy's shallow Stark who can flip the switch and become a different person to be Iron Man. That's a little different than a shallow Bruce Wayne putting on a cowl to become Batman. Stark can be two different people. If Seth Rogan can pull that off...     "
    That is spot-on. (Clooney is an example of a shallow Batman.) 
    Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Dr. Detfink

Christopher Waltz and Michael Gondry elevate this above "Shadow" movie territory. 

Just some casual shots from the set look strange because the Green Hornet is dressed in his traditional outfit that is dated but every one else is modern. So I don't know how it's going to work look but I hope for the best.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By No_Name_

I used the schmuckiest looking picture of him that I could find for this article.

Great success!

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ARMIV
    @Babs said:
    " I used the schmuckiest looking picture of him that I could find for this article.  Great success! "
    Now that's a word that starts a morning right.
    bx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bx1
    @Babs said:

" I used the schmuckiest looking picture of him that I could find for this article.  Great success! "

Deer in the headlights. That's a hero, right there.
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bruce Vain
    @Babs said:
    "I used the schmuckiest looking picture of him that I could find for this article.  Great success! "

Never knew the Green Hornet had a Turkey Neck ha ha ha
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No_Name_

Gobble gobble 

;)

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bruce Vain

ha ha ha

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By NightFang3

As long his under pressure, then I don't think we have much to wrry about. Hopefully!

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Moomin123

I hope this film is comedic, then I think this movie will have a chance at being good. 
    I'm sure that there some people are still a bit worried that Seth Rogen (a comedian) is gonna play the Green Hornett.
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Decept-O

Initially I was really hating on Rogen.  Then I saw some pics of him and he appears to have lost weight, and from the news that's been released, it seems Rogen may be trying to do this right.  TRYING.  Let's hope the efforts succeed but I'm still concerned about Kato, I hope he uses Martial Arts, I mean how can he be Kato and NOT use Martial Arts?  

I am doing a bit of a turn around and will hold out hope but will wait 'til the reviews come in, won't rush to see this one.  

@Babs:  Glad you're back and hope you're feeling better!!
    Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Riezner

Goal of the Green Hornet movie: to not suck.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iLLituracy

Fat people have feelings too. :[

crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crazywolf

I was wondering why Rogen looked so... schmucky? in that picture. I'll probably check this out with a bunch a friends. 
    btw Babs ya seem to be in good spirits. Cool to have ya back, healthy and funny.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.
    @Riezner said:
    "Goal of the Green Hornet movie: to not suck. "

That's, not to suck.  You made a split infinitive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.