Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

The Flash Episode 204: "The Fury of Firestorm"

• 84 results
    sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By sbyrstall
    @joshmightbe said:

@mutant_god: I think they're changing it for the sake of exspediance. If they introed Daniel then Wally would have to be a small child, if Wally is made her brother he can come in and become Kid Flash in a short time.

Why would a 19 year old call himself Kid Flash?

There's a 26 years old Krytonian female that is going around called Supergirl.

Avatar image for vincent_valjean
    Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've made $64,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it.

Heres what I do,==========>>>>> www.worksite50.com

Guess what!Nobody gives a $#it..

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

@mutant_god said:
    @joshmightbe said:

@mutant_god: I think they're changing it for the sake of exspediance. If they introed Daniel then Wally would have to be a small child, if Wally is made her brother he can come in and become Kid Flash in a short time.

Because this is CW!No need for a decent plot or a good scenario,things just keep happening for no reason!All you need is a good choreography and some melodrama and you have yourself a show!(Even Adam West's Batman back in '66 was less cheesy than both Arrow and The Flash...)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@vincent_valjean: If you don't like it, maybe don't watch it. I mean if you know that everything on the CW is cheesy then obviously you watch a lot of it unless you're just repeating what other people say in a review for a CW show for the sake of looking cool.(fyi, that never makes anyone look cool.)

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

King Shark got ninja training. Awesome ep, Martin is becoming my favorite character in Flash and he has some steep competition, also yay they did not kill the other firestorm person which means he might come back later to haunt the flash... if he can escape the pipe.

Hope King Shark also is thrown in the pipe to come back later ash HOLY HELL THAT WAS SCARY. Sneaking up on Barry like that, wonder what Wells used to take him down so easy, also how is Barry gonna carry KS to the pipe? gonna need a truck. :)

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I want an episode where Grodd and King Shark either team up or get in a fight, like a mini Kaiju battle.

Loading Video...

GeeWhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another thing that I thought was weird was when Iris got mad when she found out her mother had a son they never knew about. Iris was "mad" because the mother didn't tell them about the son. But the thing is, the mother never had a chance because during the first meeting Iris immediately told her she didn't want the mother in her life and left.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By d9000

I was actually surprised that I liked the episode at all but I did. The search for a new Firestorm partner, Iris dealing with her mom, and the occasional Patty Spivot scene I found really good and very emotional at some points.

As some have pointed out already, I thought it was really weird that they were trying to lure Jax and Henry Hewitt by talking about superpowers. Shouldn't you open with "We need to save this guys life".

I also thought the battle between Tokamak and Flash/Firestorm was pretty weak. And the line at the end where Barry's like "We'll keep him in the pipeline until he's willing to keep everything quiet". WTF!! That is so criminal!! More than usual.

Also, Street Sharks!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The way they dealt with the professor/convergence dilemma was dumb. "I mean who wouldn't want to merge with this old guy and be a superhero, how selfish zomggg!!"

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really loved this episode, best ep of season 2 so far easily. I liked how it wasnt the usual formula with the 'villain of the week' thing throughout the whole episode, this shows they dont need to do that, and I'm really grateful for it.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@d9000: that's the same thing i thought. street shark references.

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

@joshmightbe: I used to watch Arrow but I stopped after season 3.I'm watching The Flash since the beggining of the show but season two is not nearly as good as the first one.I was afraid they'll start messing with the Flash the same way they ruined Arrow but I was hoping that they'll give him at least two good seasons.I guess I was wrong.So I decided to watch the season untill the end and then decide what to do.Don't just assume of what I do because you don't know anything about me.Also,I don't judge your possitive comments so how about you cut some slack to my negative comments?

P.S. I don't really care if you think that I don't look "cool" because I definately don't try to look "cool"(I'm not a teenager you know).

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vincent_valjean: If you've lost interest why not just stop watching? I mean unless you're a professional critic I see no reason you'd feel the need to even pay attention to something you don't like. I hate the Walking Dead so I rarely even look at articles related to the show, because there is no reason for me to do so.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why did they have to reveal to two complete strangers that Barry is the Flash when there was no need to do that.

Vincent_Valjean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Vincent_Valjean

@joshmightbe: Because I don't "hate" the show,I just don't like the way they treat it.I'm judging the show because I want it to be better.I'm not a hater, I love the character and I want him to have the show he deserves.Like I said before,I used to watch Arrow as well cause I liked the first two seasons but after the third one I lost interest so I stopped watching it.I'm not planning to stop watching The Flash untill the end of the season because I want to have a complete opinion about the series.

So,I'm guessing you've watched at least one season of The Walking Dead in order to have a full opinion for the show yourself or you decided it after watching a single episode?

By the way,if you don't like my comments how about stop reading them?(kinda like the way you want me to stop watching the show)

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think Zoom is going to be revealed as Eddie thawne. Because it looks like they are reversing , no pun intended, roles this season. With Harrison Wells helping Barry and Eddie, from another earth, as the bad guy.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Tokamak was kinda dull

Avatar image for indomitableregal
    IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titanbreaker: Lol. "Let them fight". I hope they bring them both back.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

WALLY WEST

arkay74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many clichès in that series... Not a bad show, just very generic writing.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• Black Wally West, Meh....
    • Iris's Mother is irritating: somebody please kill her off already.
    • I hate Jax as Firestorm.
    • King Shark was great, too bad that stuff is too expensive to make him a big time villain.

I would still give it a strong 3/5 stars. Not 4 stars though.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mutant_god said:
    @joshmightbe said:

There's a 26 years old Krytonian female that is going around called Supergirl.

Also there is a grown man that calls himself Kid Cudi...derp.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

I am confused with what Tokamak wanted, it seems he got all of the power without having to fuse with someone else so why bit a bitch about it?

my biggest pet peeve is telling someone how they "have" to be a super hero. worked out will for your husband, lets throw another untrained kid into the mix with a guilt trip

I think Tokamak was upset because, he likely had some idea what would happen if Caitlyn told him what Firestorm could do. It's like, if you ordered French Toast and someone gave you Waffles. That's not what you wanted, asked for, or expected and probably not as good as what you wanted. I mean, he was told he could be a hero, he was probably told a bit about potential transmutation powers, etc. Instead, he became an energy vampire because some woman came and told him all these fantastic things that he could do that didn't happen.

Combine that with his already emotional instability, it's not totally out of the question he'd blow his stack and with his powers he just happened to have a fantastic outlet. And to be fair, It sort of did work out well for her husband. He saved the city, and I don't think anyone would have made a different call between them in that scenario.

@joshmightbe said:

Now I want an episode where Grodd and King Shark either team up or get in a fight, like a mini Kaiju battle.

This has an "When Animals Attack" episode written all over it.

Would make for a pretty good reason for Arrow/Flash to do their crossover, or to maybe have a new hero come in. Or even just introduce the new powers of Firestorm. Personally, I think it would be a solid time to get Vixen, but that's me.

@cloakx14: I'm fine with it, as long as we get an at least semi recognizable Wally I don't care how it happens. But I'm hoping to god they don't go with new 52 troubled youth Wally.

Minus their past, post-Flashpoint Wally is showing similar traits to his pre-Flashpoint counterpart.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I'm not sure how helpful Green Arrow would be in that situation, tho I suppose it could get King Shark in the Suicide Squad.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: To be fair, he's already helped fight Reverse Flash. I think he could assist vs. King Shark.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indomitableregal: Grodd will return it has been confirmed.

Anyone else think Barry whilst screaming/sobbing to Cisco Wells is back, that he had to ask Cisco to hire a truck to all King Shark to the pipe?

Cause BS he carried him there, dude is a giant!

RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one loving the Patty/Barry stuff its about time he tries to move on from Iris

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so nobody cares when firestorm turns black but when its johnny storm everyone blow up

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Lurkero

King Shark looked awesome. I wonder how much of a chunk of the budget Shark and Grodd are. I can't imagine they would show up for longer than a couple minutes more.

No Caption Provided
    Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

So Wally is Iris' brother now rather than her nephew?

Saw that coming the minute the mom showed up.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renzoa said:

so nobody cares when firestorm turns black but when its johnny storm everyone blow up

nah people hate when a character is changed black in general , 75% of this website is populated by them

there is atleast 10-25 threads about "why is firestorm black?"

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renzoa said:

nah people hate when a character is changed black in general , 75% of this website is populated by them

because there is a black fire storm....and they are two different characters so what ever, technically....it's not wrong

my wtf moment is what they did to jimmy..sorry "james" olsen in super girl . I laughed so hard and the only person who was with me doesn't know who jimmy olsen is so it was lost on them.

No Caption Provided

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:
    @birdman400 said:
    @renzoa said:

because there is a black fire storm....and they are two different characters so what ever, technically....it's not wrong

my wtf moment is what they did to jimmy..sorry "james" olsen in super girl . I laughed so hard and the only person who was with me doesn't know who jimmy olsen is so it was lost on them.

No Caption Provided

LMAO RIGHT , I was like who is james? then I thought oh yea , its my boy jimmy!

Orlandozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Just have to say King Shark!! the episode was decent

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#85 owie  Moderator

I agree with a lot of points above--

King Shark=awesome.

Trying to convince the guys to merge with the Prof without leading with the fact that they want them to do it to save his life=messed up. The team isn't doing it to help those guys, that's not their motivation, but that's how they were selling it, which is pretty unethical.

And speaking of unethical, I am increasingly amazed at the ethical turn of the team. Flash stealing blood samples from two people without asking, and even joking about not asking? He's a scientist, he knows that's not ethical. And then, maybe for once he didn't just go murder a bad guy, but this time they beat the crap out of a guy with emotional issues because they led him on to think he could be a hero! They guy's anger was totally understandable. How about talking with the dude?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.