Follow

The Flash

Series »

A CW TV series based on the DC superhero, set in the same continuity as Arrow and starring Grant Gustin as Barry Allen.

Flash Logic Makes No Sense

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why when Barry first time traveled did he merge with his past self. Then when he does it in the series finale he doesn't merge with kid Barry? Or now that Eddie died and Eoubard doesn't exist why wasn't Barry's timeline rewritten?

RyDub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He didn't merge the past self or future self just kind of faded out in both parts

As for the timeline being rewritten that is something I often though about but can only assume its like some kind of time paradox with Reverse Flash gone, that means Harrison Wells and Tess should be alive, it means Barry shouldn't currently be the flash either. The Particle accelerator was supposed to happen years later. I am guessing it is kind of like the Back the the Future two paradox there is another timeline at play here. When Thawn/RF came back in time he altered the time line so this is a some what separate 2015 from the original i mean RF came back in time to cause the flash the pain of losing his mother which means to me in the main timeline that didn't happen. So its already a separate time line and maybe Reverse flash isn't really dead. Maybe with Eddie killing himself it made his molecules unstable and he is stuck between universes or in the speed force

Or maybe the timelines didn't get set straight because of the worm holes that opened up between earth and earth 2

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your title just says it all. You just gotta turn you brain off when watching CW series sometimes. LOL

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Heatblaze

SpeedForce son, ain't got to explain s*#@..

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bakera8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LegallyBlind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All these separate timelines confuse me lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.