Follow

The Doctor

Character » The Doctor appears in 2191 issues.

A super-intelligent alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, the Doctor travels throughout time and space, adventuring and righting wrongs with his/her companions.

Doctor Who is Now Immortal?

• 67 results
    Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@Methos said:

" well i'm hoping they're going to bring Gallifrey back soon...  5 years without it is long enough i think  M "

Its been less then 1 year, Or did you miss the End of Time?
    Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O god the silence! you did didn't you? D:
    Better rush to you're local video store and rent the dvd :)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#53  Edited By The Impersonator
    @Methos:
    I'm assuming that Doctor Who being the immortal is that he always regenerate to a number of times. Or you could say Doctor Who is actual one being who can regenerate into someone else. Hence he's immortal. But I'm not sure about this Doctor Who being the one. I'm just assuming if that's the case. Even though he's not actually Immortal since he can die and regenerate. If you look at the Highlander franchise, the Immortals can die multiple times in a short while and then they come back.
    Kenshiro28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Kenshiro28
    @danhimself:  at the beginning of Matt Smith's run is good if you don't want to bother with too much.
    shadow_throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By shadow_throne
    @danhimself: You can safely start watching the reboot. They cover the majority of what you need to know throughout the new series.
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By King_Saturn
    I wonder will they have the black dude from 2012 and Redbelt play The Doctor after Matt Smith ????
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

They just can't kill a good thing!!!!! 
    DOCTOR WHO FOREVER!!!!!!!!!
    Avatar image for versatilehearts
    versatilehearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By versatilehearts
    @danhimself:  Start with the 2005 series. That series (aka season in the US) is actually listed as Series 1. Great jumping on point for Doctor Who. Also, series 1-4 are all on netflix watch instant.
    WayneGusoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By WayneGusoff

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo making him immortal takes away a little bit of the doctor. it makes him more of a god, and thats cool if they have a good explanation but if not its like saying we want to keep doing the show possible without smith.

Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor now said that he can regenerate 507 times, not exactly immortal but series-wise he might as well be

Rebelphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Rebelphoenix

Ah how I pine for the old days, watching Tom Baker on PBS during the weekends. That was a ritual. But onto the point. I seem to recall the "basic" timelord only having six regenerations. Somewhere along the lines, and I honestly can't say where, the high council decided to extend the doctor's number of regenerations to 12. 

Anyone else recall this?
    Starkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Starkin

No he isn't Russel T Davies didn't think anyone would take it seriously and that the 12 regenerations is too deeply intergrated in the story and the public. In my eyes The Doctor wasen;t bening entirely serious when he said it.

Avatar image for belac_nosnevets
    belac_nosnevets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By belac_nosnevets
    @danhimself: I don't know if someone has already answered you, but I would just start with Christopher Eccleston at the beginning of the new series. If you've never seen anything of Doctor Who before it's a good place to start...then you can go catch up on the old shows later (which in my opinion is kind of hard to do since they're all out of order at the moment) although I hear that someday soon they'll be re-releasing the show in order from the start. Any news on that anyone who may know better than I? Anyway...I started watching back when Eccleston first started on the show and I'm hooked now. I find the old shows severely dated and hard to get into, but that's because I'm much younger than all the people who grew up with Tom Baker and the other 8 previous doctors. It's much easier to jump on board with Eccleston.
    thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By thatlad

A simple retcon would be to say after all the time lords expired their regenerations fell to The Doctor  

There's little retcon involved, it's been established timelords can be given further regenerations as The Master has been given them in the past

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By Constantine

^what he said

grimmspectre18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By grimmspectre18
    @inferiorego:  That's exactly what I tell people who are on the fence. It's great to have the classic content, but not a necessity to get started with the series.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#67  Edited By joshmightbe

The Doctor breaks his own rules all the time I don't see why the 12 regens would be any different

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.