Follow

The Doctor

Character » The Doctor appears in 2191 issues.

A super-intelligent alien Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, the Doctor travels throughout time and space, adventuring and righting wrongs with his/her companions.

Doctor Who Comes to Minecraft

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

BBC Worldwide are delighted to announce a deal with Microsoft Studios and Mojang which will bring Doctor Who – the world’s longest running science fiction drama – to ‘Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition’.

From September 2014, Minecraft players will have access to a range of Doctor Who assets which will allow them to change their avatar to resemble their favorite characters from the show. The first pack – priced at just $2.99 in the U.S. (or £1.99/€2.85/$2.95AUS) – will include a character inspired by the Twelfth Doctor as well as five other Doctors, each of their on-screen companions and some of the Doctor’s most well known adversaries including his arch-nemeses, the Daleks.

Rikesh Desai, Digital Entertainment and Games Director at BBC Worldwide UK, says, “We’re constantly looking for new and innovative ways to bring Doctor Who content to our loyal fans. Working collaboratively with Microsoft, we’ve created an exciting new product which will allow Doctor Who fans to create their own brand new adventures in the heart of the iconic world of Minecraft.”

The deal will bring more packs as time goes on, introducing many of the most recognizable characters from the past 50 years of Doctor Who. Each skin pack will feature at least six Doctors and will be released regularly following the broadcast of the first episode.

No Caption Provided

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SpitfirePanda

I haven't played mine craft on my xbox in a while. I normally play on my desktop with various mods that do similar stuff as this. Still, this sounds like a great idea for the xbox crowd :)

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Oh for God sake this is going to get me playing Minecraft again, you have to ween yourself off that game!

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh for God sake this is going to get me playing Minecraft again, you have to ween yourself off that game!

Same here, although its a bit pricey for a skin pack...

fullmetaladam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do I share this on Facebook? Don't play Minecraft myself but plenty of my friends do and want them to know.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

@cave_duck: True, if they add a little more to it that would be cool.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do I share this on Facebook? Don't play Minecraft myself but plenty of my friends do and want them to know.

Not really sure, you could try copy & pasting the address here into a status update?

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minecraft lost all it's appeal to me after a year or so. I've tried picking it up again, but weather it's survival or creative, mods or no, friends or no, it's always the same story. Explore, build, mine, build more, the end. Dream up an idea, make it, no what? An I supposed to enjoy this simple contraption that took me a week's work or this massive explosion I don't even get to see because my game crashes? What does this pixel art or blocky statue mean? It's the same routine of wasted time building up for a shockingly disappointing reward every time.

The majority of mods that make Minecraft enjoyable for other people just simulate games that already exist or do things that mods for other games could do but in block form.

At this point I'm starting to think the Minecraft Fanbase is Hipsters and twelve-year-olds, but maybe I'm wrong. Prove me wrong America, lash out at me for sharing my opinions.

Y'know what, as long as I'm doing this, I hated the Dark Knight. And The Dark Night Rises. They were decent movies on their own but Batman does not have throat cancer, Bane isn't some Russian Darth Vader, the Joker in that movie is not the joker in any way shape or form, just white makeup mental issues guy. A good character when it's not taking the Joker's name and pretending to be something it's not. The Dark Knight is another X-Men Origins: Wolverine and you know it.

Oh, and World War Z? An abomination. A great book, amazing read, I read it after the Zombie Survival Guide and before it got all that publicity from the movie trailers. Lemme tell you something right now, the literally ONLY thing the book and the movie had in common was zombies as a general idea, and ONE name said ONCE. The Zombies were nothing at all like they were an Max Brooks' book. They couldn't even keep that. The book is journal entries and interviews taken in a post-zombie world. The book is all first hand accounts of fighting zombies, or escaping zombies. Brad Pitt's adventure was not one of those stories. That move was not World War Z. It was nothing close.

C'mon haters, I've got more opinions! Feed the troll, or whatever you'll call me for giving opinions!

Oh, yeah, I know I've gotten far off the topic of Doctor Who Minecraft! Do I care? Nope! It's opinion day children!

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I lost interest in Minecraft after building the JL Watchtower.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.