The DC Comics Encyclopedia Updated and Expanded wiki last edited by fesak on 04/22/16 03:00AM
View full history
The original DC Comics Encyclopedia updated and expanded. Many of the character profiles are, of course, updated to the continuity up until the year of 2007. Other updates include new pictures not seen in the 2004 version either going along with the old pictures or replacing them. Expansions include new pages on the Multiverse, the Infinite Crisis, and the 52 series. Such expansions for character profiles include.......
- Half a Page for the Character: Guy Gardner
- A Page for the Characters and Group: The Scarecrow, Hippoltya, Captain Boomerang, The Ventriloquist, Seven Soldiers of Victory, and The Intergang
- 2 Pages for the Characters: Catwoman, Lois Lane, Supergirl, and Superboy
- 4 Pages for the Characters and Groups: Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, The Flash, Green Lantern, The Spectre, The Justice League of America, and The Justice Society of America
- And 5 Pages for the Character: Batman
Characters/Groups that gained a profile in this book include Batwoman, the Calendar Man, Kryptonite Man, the wizard Shazam, The Calculator, Rag Doll, Villains United, and the Inferior Five. Characters Ryan Choi, Jaime Reyes, and Crispus Allen gained a profile under the mantles they have taken up (The Atom, Blue Beetle, and The Spectre). Some characters did lose a profile such as Impulse and Qwasp. However the character Impulse was added to The Flash pages as between the years 2004 to 2007, Impulse (Bart Allen) did serve some time as The Flash.
There are some errors in the book including the Post-Crisis first appearance of most of the Wonder Woman villains instead of their actual appearances issues and dates. Other examples include that of an error is Bizzaro first appearing in his first Post-Crisis appearance (though the book does acknowledge his first true appearance in the Superboy comics of the 50's) and Speedy's (Roy Harder) first appearance issue and date.