comicbookheretic's The Brave and the Bold #33 - Ladies' Night review

Avatar image for comicbookheretic

The night before

I jumped on this book when JMS made his way off Thor and out of Marvel.  I wanted to experience what he could do with odd team up of DC heroes.  I have to say that I have enjoyed most of what he has done and this issue is one of the top 3 so far.  The concept of Zatanna having a premonitory dream that leads to a great night out on the town for this wonderful trinity of DC heroines.  It had some fun moments like a poor guy having his phone crushed but I guess he could have lost a piece of his manhood.  And just the general fun and light dancing night on the town.  As we know the shoe is going to drop and it will hit one of them pretty hard.  She'll bounce back and become something even better.  But it was nice to see how the night before was spent.  Great Job JMS.

The art here was supplied by the fantastic Cliff Chiang!  Great job replacing Jesus Saiz who has supplied some great visuals for JMS' stories up to this point.