Follow

The Avengers

Movie » The Avengers released on May 04, 2012.

When a threat is too much for one of the earth's most powerful heroes, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye with the help of Nick Fury (and a few others) must band together to form The Avengers.

New Poster for 'The Avengers' Revealed

• 61 results
    deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By deskp
    dfordishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By dfordishes

Iron Man is only front and centre because Robert Downey Jr. is the biggest star of the picture. They want to sell the movie to those that wouldn't normally watch this sort of film, so they place him right in the middle of the poster. As for Iron Man being the focus of the film, same thing applies. IMO this not entirely a bad thing as the character is such a strong, and memorable character.

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By shawn87

Pretty awesome poster

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
    royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For a movie that spent hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing alone, this poster sure looks photoshoped. Why is it that Mark Ruffalo's name is before Chris Hemsworth? I have a feeling this might be like X-men First Clss (aka X-men Origins: Magneto), where although the title says that it is a team focused movie, it actually centers on certain characters. Captain America's costume still looks as terrible as it did in his own solo movie. Looks like they wrapped a blanket around him and christened it worthy of American patriotism.

Suprman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Suprman

Thor and cap should switch positions

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#56  Edited By GothamRed

Marvel Presents IRON MAN...and some other people (the revengers? the getbacker? doesn't matter IRON MAN!!!!)

Regas13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Regas13

shouldn't iron man have a triangle chest piece?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By BatWatch

@DDevil2887: I wasn't a huge fan of Captain America. I'd give it a B-. However, I did really enjoy Thor. Regardless, this movie needs to showcase all the strongest members and make good use of the supporting cast. The trailers have hardly given a line to anyone but Iron Man.

However, I love Joss Whedon, and I have never seen him put his name to anything that wasn't high quality.

atdt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By atdt

awesome ..........

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Lvenger

@mickoreo_LZ said:

Its kinda funny how almost everything gets leaked way before release dates in this age of technology that we live in, but when it comes to one of the biggest and most anticipated movies in recent memory, we don't even know who the bad guy is yet. Props to everyone involved in the movie for keeping it under such tight wraps

Yes the irony is wicked. They have been good at keeping images of the attacking army fleeting at best. Perhaps they'll reveal them at last in the next movie trailer but a theory which I like the sound of is Tesserect enhanced Frost Giants. That would be awesome

Avatar image for the_average_bear
    The Average Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By The Average Bear

Captain America should be in the front with Thor and Iron Man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.