Follow

The Avengers

Movie » The Avengers released on May 04, 2012.

When a threat is too much for one of the earth's most powerful heroes, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye with the help of Nick Fury (and a few others) must band together to form The Avengers.

Marvel's Latest 'The Avengers' TV Spot Gives First Look At Loki's Army And Much More

• 67 results
    Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Or35ti

This looks so awesome!! I'm so glad this is coming out on April 26th in Greece and not May 4th! :D

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ThomasElliot

I'm still thinking its Chitauri... their comic book connections to Nazi's is too convenient to pass up when you factor back in the Cosmic Cube and Captain America flick.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ThomasElliot

You know, I hate 3D (even though I keep finding myself in a 3D theater with glasses on)... this past weekend I ended up seeing the Avengers trailer in 3D. I'd seen it a bunch online and regular, but I have to say... if the movie delivers an equal 3D experience that the trailer does, I may find myself praising 3D for the first time ever. The trailer had me hyped... seeing it in 3D has me double-hyped. Coming from a person who dislikes 3D, that's saying a lot.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54  Edited By RedOwl_1

I finally love living in Mexico, 27 April AW YEAH!!! IN YOUR FACE!!! (finally I'm going to enjoy something before you, USA guys)

Avatar image for anthony_robson92
    Anthony Robson92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Anthony Robson92

Wow... That villain definitely looks undead and even more like the current dead Asgardian serving in Hel.. Tyr.

SROGERS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SROGERS

Loki's army is the Disir

The Dísir were the Valkyries of Bor. Having rebelled against him as well as nature, they had begun feeding on gods. Once discovered, they were cast out from all realms, existing in the spaces between realms in spirit-form alone.

Loki gained control of them and bartered their services to Mephisto...

Adapted for the movie of course

D_train_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By D_train_lives

I'm just throwing this out there looks like Ultron to me and loki and ultron are in the masters of evil... you see were this is going?

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GrimoireMyst

Always good to see more Hulk video.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#59  Edited By owie  Moderator

I had been thinking it might be the Annihilation Wave, since the space ship looks kind of bug-like, but seeing them now, I'm definitely on the Hel bandwagon. If he said one of the 9 realms, then it's probably not space aliens (even if they might technically count as being from Midgard), it's probably natives of one of the other mystic realms. And those sure look like dead folks to me.

Those trailers really got me hyped back up.

Don't like that he called Thro a "demi-god" though, he's a straight-up god.

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By xanthiss

@sfx_5k said:

@TheGeekCritique said:

Yeah... but Beta Ray Bill didn't look like Beta Ray Bill until he picked up Mjolnir. Before that he looked like the rest of his race of orange-skinned humanoids, not these creatures from the Mummy movies.

@xanthiss said:

So the question is are these Korbinites? The skin tone is off, and basic Korbinites were kinda wimpy as I recall. They were just orange hairless humans, am I right? Beta Ray Bill did not change into the horse face version until he had Thor's power. That said, are these movie versions of Korbinites? Are they Korbinites with god powers? Or not them at all? A lot of interesting questions. I hope Beta Ray Bill comes out of this, but that is asking a lot out of a first movie. Maybe an after the title sequence?

It's not true that Beta Ray Bill didn't look like a horse corpse until he picked up Mjolnir.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7gYa9tgG_vU/SggvG4z0t9I/AAAAAAAABHY/HlFGvTpVSeA/s400/214748-89556-beta-ray-bill_super.jpg

The Korbinites turned him into a horse faced cyborg before his meeting with Thor. The only thing that changed once he picked up the hammer was that he got a snazzy new Asgardian outfit and Thor's power.

Yeah that is right, he was changed into a horse face before gaining Thor's power. But as I remember it he was the only one chosen, there was not a army of Korbinites? It been a long time since I read those issues.

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By TheMess1428

I want to see a love triangle brewing between Black Widow, Captain America, and Hawkeye. With Iron Man being jealous the entire time. lol

Peanut007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Peanut007

This is what I hate about these comic movies. If you are not familiar with comic you will NEVER know who is Loki's "army". Are they from Beta Ray Bill's world or not? Are they the Dísir, the Valkyries of Bor or not? My argument is just that now I have to tell someone that does not know anything about comic movies that we do not know who is Loki's "army". Why didn't they make it the skrulls from the beginning. Well in any case I think the movie will turn out great! :-)

sfx_5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By sfx_5k

@xanthiss said:

@sfx_5k said:

@TheGeekCritique said:

Yeah... but Beta Ray Bill didn't look like Beta Ray Bill until he picked up Mjolnir. Before that he looked like the rest of his race of orange-skinned humanoids, not these creatures from the Mummy movies.

@xanthiss said:

So the question is are these Korbinites? The skin tone is off, and basic Korbinites were kinda wimpy as I recall. They were just orange hairless humans, am I right? Beta Ray Bill did not change into the horse face version until he had Thor's power. That said, are these movie versions of Korbinites? Are they Korbinites with god powers? Or not them at all? A lot of interesting questions. I hope Beta Ray Bill comes out of this, but that is asking a lot out of a first movie. Maybe an after the title sequence?

It's not true that Beta Ray Bill didn't look like a horse corpse until he picked up Mjolnir.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7gYa9tgG_vU/SggvG4z0t9I/AAAAAAAABHY/HlFGvTpVSeA/s400/214748-89556-beta-ray-bill_super.jpg

The Korbinites turned him into a horse faced cyborg before his meeting with Thor. The only thing that changed once he picked up the hammer was that he got a snazzy new Asgardian outfit and Thor's power.

Yeah that is right, he was changed into a horse face before gaining Thor's power. But as I remember it he was the only one chosen, there was not a army of Korbinites? It been a long time since I read those issues.

He was the only one, giving him that classic tragic tortured soul/loner storyline.

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#64  Edited By BurningDoom1

I don't see Beta Ray Bill. It looks like some ancient, decayed, undead warrior.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By KidSupreme

Soo much hype... it better live up to it!

magnuskhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By magnuskhan

i just don't like black widow being in this movie. know matter how i look at it i just think she will bring the movie down.

Novaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Novaar

Beta Ray Bill's race seems a stretch. They do have a hint of it but nothing more. I agree with the comment about them looking undead. When I saw the the other day I said they would be from Hel, the Realm of the Dead. If memory serves there was an early comment, from the producers, that they were not Skrulls (which everybody seemed to igno and, when asked if they came from one of the kingdoms replied that that was much closerr. They could still be aliens but my money is on Loki having brought dead with him. The high-tech weaponary, though, now that I can't explain...;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.