Follow

The Avengers

Movie » The Avengers released on May 04, 2012.

When a threat is too much for one of the earth's most powerful heroes, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye with the help of Nick Fury (and a few others) must band together to form The Avengers.

HeroClix 'The Avengers' Toys May Reveal Villains In Upcoming Film

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Remember when Marvel Studios Executive Producer Kevin Feige mentioned that the Skrulls would definitely not be making any kind of an appearance in the upcoming The Avengers movie? We first mentioned it in January and he later reaffirmed that the Skrulls would be left out of the equation. Well, the latest action figures hint at the fact that this might not be the case after all. Images of the HeroClix figurines recently hit the web late last week and they provided evidence that the Skrulls may actually be a threat to The Avengers in the upcoming film.

No Caption Provided

For those unfamiliar, HeroClix is a "miniatures wargaming system" that uses a rotating dial wheel at the base of the figurines to reveal each character's power set. Each character comes with an accompanying card that enhances the character's power set. The figurine and accompanying card couldn't make things more obvious, either. Titled the "Skrull Infiltrator," the card and figurine give players the power to shape shift, choose an additional character as your "body double" and much more. The image above says it all, but does this mean that Loki's army in the upcoming film will be made up of alien Skrulls? Or could Marvel just be including the Skrulls in their HeroClix The Avengers gamne to throw fans like you and me completely off? It's hard to say.

== TEASER ==
    No Caption Provided

Based on the image of "Loki's army" we saw late last week (above), those don't look like Skrulls to us; what do you think? What do you think are the chances that the Skrulls will be the primary adversaries in the upcoming The Avengers movie? Do you think this is just Marvel trying to throw us off, or could it be that the Skrulls will make an appearance? Do you think using the Skrulls as a plot point in the first Marvel's Avengers film will complicate things?

Source: Blastr

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I don't see what this has to do with the film

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Superguy0009e

not skrulls, beta ray bills, KORBINITES

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

@Superguy0009e: Why do people think that it's the Korbonites who are the invading army? They don't look anything like the Korbonites and they're not exactly the most high profile choice for an invading race out of the alien species Marvel has to offer.

Mad_Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Mad_Wolverine
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By SevanGrim

@spiderbat87 said:

Really? ...the next Heroclix toys are promotional items for the film. Its inspired by the movie. So if there is something in the toy line that we havent seen before, there is a decent chance its in the film. Did you read the article?

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Mucklefluga

@spiderbat87 said:

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AlKusanagi

I keep wondering if the whole "It's not Skrulls" stance they're taking is just because people guessed it was Skrulls so quickly. It would help explain scenes from the previews of Avengers fighting each other when you've got shapeshifting baddies on board.

hrodvitnir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By hrodvitnir

I used to subscribe to Blastr's feed, but their tendency to blow things out of proportion and/or jump to conclusions, as well as their commenter community to blow things up even further left me to unsubscribing and feeling that most everything can't really be taken at face value, especially when it comes to comics. So I wouldn't put much stock into this beyond simple coincidence.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Well that's kinda disappointing, but then again we did get a little info suggesting that Mar-Vell(Or some other Kree) might be in the movie a while ago so it makes sense

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Inverno

I am glad that I turned out to be wrong when I thought Toy Fair made action figures for Loki's army and they turned out to be nothing like they will be in the movie.

These look so lame and too much like the Skrulls. The "real" aliens look like Ord from Astonishing X-Men.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#11  Edited By SevanGrim

i would say no, they probably still wont be in the film. More than likely, the Skrull are owned by Fox as part of the FF movie rights. The Avengers cant use Adamantium or even really explain how Nick Fury lost his eye because Wolverine belongs to Fox. Im guessing this falls under the same Usage Laws Umbrella...

i would assume they just didnt want to ONLY put the small handful of villains that will be in the film, so they rounded the Heroclix roster out with other classic villains.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Grim said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Really? ...the next Heroclix toys are promotional items for the film. Its inspired by the movie. So if there is something in the toy line that we havent seen before, there is a decent chance its in the film. Did you read the article?

Where dose it say it's promoting Avengers?

sfx_5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sfx_5k

@Grim said:

@spiderbat87 said:

While that is true keep in mind that pretty much every comic book movie has toys released that have nothing to do with the movie itself... The Dark Knight's Deadshot, Captain America's Strikefire Transport, Thor's Deluxe Blaster Armor, etc.

There is a chance that the Skrulls could be in this movie but at the same time HeroClix likes to round out their sets with additional figures. I believe that the movie versions of The Warriors Three, The Destroyer, Red Skull, etc. are also in this Avengers set.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

#14  Edited By wmwadeii

@spiderbat87 said:

@Grim said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I agree it could just be an "Avengers" set. Not an "Avengers Movie" set. The release is probably going to use the movie as fuel to increase sales.

elayem98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By elayem98

@sfx_5k said:

@Grim said:

@spiderbat87 said:

While that is true keep in mind that pretty much every comic book movie has toys released that have nothing to do with the movie itself... The Dark Knight's Deadshot,

Wait, there was a Dark Knight Deadshot toy?? thats awesome, do you have a link?

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpitfireINK

Its the Disir!

With all the speculation - How do you think they are going to explain Loki's involvement with any other alien race?

Take a closer look at the ARMOR - certainly looks ASGARDIAN - no?

Look it up:

http://marvel.wikia.com/D%C3%ADsir_(Earth-616)

Logically speaking the Disir is the most plausible - and then look again at their features - they are truly "undead" looking. And what better way to capitalize on the UnDEAD - Zombie genre.

Additionally - it would also tie in with THANOS beautifully!

... And if not - well then - they should have let me Direct the movie.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Manchine

@wmwadeii said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Grim said:

@spiderbat87 said:

I agree it could just be an "Avengers" set. Not an "Avengers Movie" set. The release is probably going to use the movie as fuel to increase sales.

If you go to HCR the Title of the is is Avengers Movie and it promoting Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor Movies along with the Avengers Movie. This is where everything is coming from. So if its in one of those movies it could be in the Avengers Movie Heroclix.

Here is a list from the movies so far.

Avengers Movie
    Hawkeye
    Sif
    Loki
    Red Skull
    Bucky Barnes
    Captain America
    Thor
    Destroyer
    Volstagg
    Hogun
    Fandral
    Dum Dum Dugan
    Gabe Jones
    Captain America
    Laufey
    Frost Giant Champion
    Nick Fury
    Black Widow
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Enforcer
    Johann Schmidt
    Thor
    Hulk
    Nick Fury
    Captain America
    Iron Man
    Agent Coulson
    Skrull Infiltrator
    207a
    Skrull Infiltrator
    207b
    Skrull Infiltrator
    Hawkeye
    Tony Stark
    Heimdall
    Loki

Oh and straight from Wizkids

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/avengers-movie-heroclix-know-your-avengers/#axzz1rZgkVaLo

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gambit1024
    @Grim said:

@spiderbat87 said:

While that's sometimes the case, other times it's way off.  

For example: The other day I was at Target looking at the promotional movie toys for The Avengers, and one of them had Iron Man on a motorcycle. Now, I'm not a fortune teller or anything like that, but I can tell you that Iron Man probably won't have/be riding on a motorcycle in the movie. ...and if he did, that's just silly.
    Novaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Novaar

I think these are part of the line but not in the film. I could be wrong but the ones in the film just don't look like Skrulls. I think it's a bit of a leap to connect them, as the Heroclix movie line is bound to have ones that are not in the film to give them more villians. Like I say, I could be wrong...

As for shapechangers, this seems to be based on Avenger v Avenger, such as the scene with Thor and Loki. But there's Loki, the TRICKSTER, who we know can shape change. I don't see why it can't just be him.'

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Manchine

@Novaar said:

I think these are part of the line but not in the film. I could be wrong but the ones in the film just don't look like Skrulls. I think it's a bit of a leap to connect them, as the Heroclix movie line is bound to have ones that are not in the film to give them more villians. Like I say, I could be wrong...

As for shapechangers, this seems to be based on Avenger v Avenger, such as the scene with Thor and Loki. But there's Loki, the TRICKSTER, who we know can shape change. I don't see why it can't just be him.'

We were told it wasn't the skrulls. What I am thinking is Badoon (or however its spelled). Neca (Heroclix owners) were told the bad guy army guys had shapechange and was from another planet. They instantly think Skrulls! Of course they find out later its not them but its to late to change now.

Peteparker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#21  Edited By Peteparker

@SpitfireINK said:

Its the Disir!

With all the speculation - How do you think they are going to explain Loki's involvement with any other alien race?

Take a closer look at the ARMOR - certainly looks ASGARDIAN - no?

Look it up:

http://marvel.wikia.com/D%C3%ADsir_(Earth-616)

Logically speaking the Disir is the most plausible - and then look again at their features - they are truly "undead" looking. And what better way to capitalize on the UnDEAD - Zombie genre.

Additionally - it would also tie in with THANOS beautifully!

... And if not - well then - they should have let me Direct the movie.

Yup, he's right. The Disir make the most sense.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By Bestostero

i wouldn't bet so much on the toys being any indication because Captain America movie toyline had characters that werent in the movie (Winter Soldier, US Agent, Crossbones, etc) same with GI Joe movie toyline, and the X-Men/Wolverine movie toylines...

wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wdchefdave

Alien Asgardian Undead bad-guys!

We may be over thinking this.

Damn sure ain't Skrulls!

I still want to know what that big thing chasing Ironman in the video clip(s) is... I know it's a ship and not Skrull.

wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wdchefdave

Oh, and watch for a "Walter Lawson" in the movie.

Anyone remember who used that alias?!?

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#25  Edited By The Impersonator

WHAT THE F*CK ARE THEY? =P

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Loki9876

@Peteparker: Disir are female creatures, no?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#27  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@Gambit1024 said:

@Grim said:

@spiderbat87 said:

While that's sometimes the case, other times it's way off. For example: The other day I was at Target looking at the promotional movie toys for The Avengers, and one of them had Iron Man on a motorcycle. Now, I'm not a fortune teller or anything like that, but I can tell you that Iron Man probably won't have/be riding on a motorcycle in the movie. ...and if he did, that's just silly.

Iron Man on a motorcycle would be horrible lol, I bet they only made that cause of their promotional deal with Harley-Davidson. Hopefully Cap is the only one riding a motorcycle in the film.

I would say toy tie-in's are almost always off, they make soooo many toys that have nothing to do with the films/comics but I don't think Heroclix are quite the same. Other then the variant color ones most Heroclix are rooted in (not sure what to call it) but like comic reality, all the ones I've seen at least have come directly from the comics in some way and were not created just for the figure like with toys so II would tend to think Skrulls in the movie could be legit.

They could have also changed it so that Skrulls are not the standard comic book alien versions but instead are other-dimensional in one of the realms that Loki frequents, they could keep the shape-shifting and infiltration aspect of Secret Invasion but directly tie it to Asgard and the Asgardians as we've already been introduced to both of them, makes sense.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28  Edited By Cafeterialoca

Maybe the skrulls are part of the after credits scene.

SeanNOLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SeanNOLA

Maybe the Skrull invasion will be the cliff-hanger at the end? Seems more likely.

redmanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By redmanta

they look like Beta Ray Bill

TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By TheMess1428

Perhaps the Skrulls appear at the end and we find out that someone has been a Skrull this entire time or something.

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpitfireINK

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but if you watch the trailer close enough Iron Man is laying waste to them on their hover vehicles. It would be a hard sell for them to convince anyone that would be how a hero - much less an AVENGER would act!

The alien race is the DISIR - they are UNDEAD - leaving the Action to some NO-HOLD BARRED ___-KICKIN'!

Also makes the most sense - you know THANOS will appear at the end - they hinted about it at SDCC with the Infinity Gauntlet! Only logical that THANOS would be in league with the DISIR.

Also - Whedon did say he wanted a DARKER SEQUEL and a more personal one - Don't get much more personal than reflecting upon Life & DEATH!

Believe what you want - but I'll reserve this as my best Educated Guess -

And like I stated before if I'm wrong - well ...

Then they should have let me Direct the Movie :)

heroclick6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By heroclick6

They may or may not be skrulls. IGN reported that Red Skull was going to be in the Avengers because of the Marvel Avengers Movie Heroclix set. What they didn't know was that this set covers most of the Marvel Movies Leading up to the Avengers including The Avengers. Check Heroclix.com they will give you more detail about this Promotional set. I perosnally believe they are the Skrull because of this set and the Ultimates. As many queues they have been taking from this universe. It would fall in line with the first Ultimates stroyline.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BoyWander

I think if they were to include the skrull they'd probably be a minor part, maybe one skrull tagged along with Loki to wreak havoc upon the world. Or maybe we'll get a little hint to them in those post-credit teasers Marvel loves to give to us.

Avatar image for amazingspidey_707
    AmazingSpidey_707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well maybe they are using their shape shifting powers in the trailer........?

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpitfireINK

-- Looks like we might just have our answers early --

World Red Carpet Premiere is in Hollywood on April 11th @ 6 pm

--- Check marvel.com for details ---

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Heroclix always releases stuff with sets that has nothing to do with the series or storyline they are putting out. It would be cool if skrulls were in it but just because Heroclix has released them with the Avengers Movies set means nothing as far as them being in the movie.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Sounds like a big disinformation campaign to me to be listing it as a "Skrull Infiltrator"...and furthermore why would they even be flocking to Loki's banner? Doesn't make sense to me. Still, that would be fairly interesting if this did turn out to be the actual deal for the film. And good news all, I bought my ticket two days ago...IMAX 3-D experience...go Avengers!

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SpitfireINK

I honestly hope it is NOT the Skrulls -

How exactly would they resolve the notion that Loki somehow - befriended them?

Certainly too far fetched and silly - sorry as much as I'd like to see them on the Big Screen - the idea of any Shape-Shifting Race in the first movie is just plain - DUMB and Not Very Well Thought out! - period.

Joss Whedon is far more savvy than this!

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

I am predicting that Thanos will appear in the post credit teaser.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By htb106

they've not printed anything saying the avengers movie on anything not even the card maybe it's a new comic based set

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sammo21

Nope. The Heroclix line, just like every other tie-in Heroclix line, includes lots of stuff. Anyone remember that the Dark Knight Heroclix line had Deathstroke in it? The line also has Red Skull...and he is not going to be in the movie. Not to mention the Skrulls are in their comic book uniforms. Possible that Skrulls make an appearance? sure, why not...but I seriously doubt they are alien army in this clip.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Namor1987

Why not have Thano sillohouetted when speaking to Loki & have Loki make a deal with him to give Thanos the Infinity Gauntlet in exchange for Loki getting the Tesseract & use of his army? Then just have Thanos raise his hand with the Infinity Gauntlet to signify it is him?

SpitfireINK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SpitfireINK

Odds are HIGHLY likely that should AVENGERS prove wildly successful as all tracking is pointing towards there could be another Team Movie in the works:

The DEFENDERS?

While it certainly would not be the current comic line-up these could be very likely contenders:

The HULK - very likely - but not my prediction is not included in this roster.

DOCTOR STRANGE - has been announced as part of the Marvel Cinema projects with a completed script!

IRON FIST - has also been rumored to have been green lit. Ray Park was rumored to have been cast.

NAMOR the SUB-MARINER - IMDB does list a movie being "currently in development" with a 2014 release !!

SILVER SURFER ... with THANOS being a strong contender for one of the villains in the AVENGERS seems logical.

Marvel still has the rights (Fox only acquiring the right to include him in one production) - Additionally IMDB does list a movie being "currently in development" with a 2014 release !!

-- Wishful thinking? -- With 2 Established Characters and a Confirmed 3rd character (Doctor Strange) while as Cinematic characters go there are 2 newbies (Sub-Mariner) & (IRON FIST - and quite honestly an easy believable sell as far as characters go) - I would speculate only 1 off them would make it on the initial roster. Signs are pointing very Strongly toward NAMOR - but still anyone's guess.

One other thought did occur - even if the HULK - was NOT included in the DEFENDERS line-up - NAMOR would certainly be a fitting fill-in as their Heavy Hitter!

-- My Phase 2 prediction -- "the DEFENDERS!" -- fingers are X'd!

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By KidSupreme

@spiderbat87 said:

no clue either

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By CATPANEXE

I don't know, there's been three merchandise tie ins including this, the one show by CaioTrubat above (from another game of sorts), and a 3d model from a video game. One could say they're extras but, while the Avengers have fought the Skrulls I'm not sure I would consider them a staple of the Avengers franchise, at least not in the top villains. At worst one could consider the statement by Whedon regarding that the film would focus on being a cross of the 616 Avengers origin, and the first year of Ultimates, in which the Chitauri = the Ultimates version of the Skrulls were a prime story arc focus, in that when they disavowed the Skrulls claim, they still may have meant the Chitauri and made such a statement to protect spoilers on certain storyline elements, maybe even an imposter member or SHIELD agent, and all staging for a sequel. Otherwise it's not Skrulls (but then why are whomever the real opponent/alien army not featured in any of the revealed merch thus far either?) and, really no big deal either way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.