Follow

Terminator

Character » Terminator appears in 196 issues.

The Terminator is a cybernetic military infiltration unit. Expert in all types of weapons has a large amount of strength. It can speak naturally and copy human voices, as well as other abilities. The Terminator comes in many forms; however, the T-800 seems to be the most iconic design.

Scratching my head: Terminator Movie Series

Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

Okay I love The Terminator series but a few things have always bugged the hell out of me because they are huge leaps in logic most of us choose to ignore such as the following...

1. Why does Skynet only send back one terminator at a time when it tried to kill Sarah and John Connor? wouldn't it have made more sense to send an army of Terminators so there's less chance of failure and at the same time could invade the past year by year till Skynet dominated every moment of humanities existence.

2.John wanting to stop judgement day. This makes the least sense to and I'm surprised they never brought this up at all if John were to stop judgement day he would simply disappear from the time stream because he never would have come into existence because without the Terminators his father never would have went back in time and never would have me Sarah so by that logic John would have never been born you think the Terminator would have told him that in T2 or T3 that if he succeeded in his mission he would vanish from time

So what are everyone's thoughts on these leaps of logic?

Avatar image for shadow_swordsman
    Shadow Swordsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shadow Swordsman
    They're plot holes, you're bound to run into them when it comes to Time Travel. 

Although there's an easy answer to the second one, John is an idiot.
    Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

@Shadow Swordsman: But these are pretty big plot holes so you'd think someone would have brought it up to the writer or the director and  as for john being an idiot the same goes for John's mom Sarah Connor never bang a guy from the future or it could get really weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.