Follow

Terminator

Character » Terminator appears in 196 issues.

The Terminator is a cybernetic military infiltration unit. Expert in all types of weapons has a large amount of strength. It can speak naturally and copy human voices, as well as other abilities. The Terminator comes in many forms; however, the T-800 seems to be the most iconic design.

Could a Terminator Animated Film Happen?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    According to TotalFilm, Hannover and Red Bear Entertainment have announced their newest plans for the Terminator franchise. With a $70 million budget, they plan on creating an animated Terminator film, but at this time, they've been given a cease and desist letter from the company that owns the rights, stopping all pre-production on the film.

Although the story, and most of its elements, are on the hush-hush at the moment, the Canadian based companies will be making a 3D animated film using the characters from the original films. Further plans about this film will be announced next year, and they hope to get things rolling in early 2011.

Will we finally get that Band of Brothers/Saving Private Ryan version of a Terminator film we've all been waiting for, and hoped Terminator Salvation would have been? Before you get too excited, it may not happen. 

According to Deadline, the companies recently received a cease and desist letter on this project, meaning the company has to stop... everything. According to the letter, neither of these production companies hold any of the rights to the franchise or its characters, nor did the owners of this franchise know anything about this film until they read it on the internet. Erik Parkinson of Hannover had this to say:

We've arranged a meeting, we'll show them our money and if the rational brain prevails, they'll take the deal. If not, I can't do it without them... At least we now have our meeting. I hope they will can think outside the box, because if we can make a movie that delivers a $20 million to $30 million rights payment, that is an income source they didn't realize was possible. If not, it was a good idea anyway.

So, although this project is at a complete stop, there's still a small chance something could happen if this meeting takes, but as of now, we will not be seeing an animated Terminator film. Would you like to see an animated Terminator film?
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Magian

I don't know. It depends.

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BuddyBulson

this could be good, nothing like a cartoon to tie 20 years of time traveling movies together.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FLStyle

The only way I'd except this happening would be if it was written and edited by James Cameron. In fact just Cameron doing everything outside of the animation and voice acting. Otherwise I hope it never ever happens.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey

Animated... huh?
    I would probably like to see it if it were to follow the standards of an Anime... usually what happens is that American animated films tend to think that because something is animated then the amount of violence and gore... etc is cut to a minimum, because in the back of everybody's mind animated means cartoons...
    but if they follow the standards of an Anime, this movie could become an Epic movie... (and I don't mean by "follow the standards of an Anime" that it should have the same drawings... I mean the amount of seriousness put into it)

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magian
    @sora_thekey said:

" Animated... huh? I would probably like to see it if it were to follow the standards of an Anime... usually what happens is that American animated films tend to think that because something is animated then the amount of violence and gore... etc is cut to a minimum, because in the back of everybody's mind animated means cartoons... but if they follow the standards of an Anime, this movie could become an Epic movie... (and I don't mean by "follow the standards of an Anime" that it should have the same drawings... I mean the amount of seriousness put into it) "

I agree with this. That is one of the reasons I'm a bit hesitant about the animated. Btw congratulations for the modship.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sora_thekey
    @ComicMan24: Thanks :)
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

Sure, why not. We got movies, a (not that successful) show, there are comics already, shoot some Animated movie as well. 
    @sora_thekey said:

if they follow the standards of an Anime, this movie could become an Epic movie
    *thumbs up*
    Aquamariner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aquamariner

I only have one question: Who would watch it? Terminator is sooooooooooooo over rated.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magian
    @sora_thekey: No problem. I agree with what you said. If it's going to watered down a lot, it wouldn't be a good thing.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By goldenkey

If it's written well, why not. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sora_thekey

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NightFang3  Online

Interesting...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By longbowhunter

I would watch an animated Terminator movie. If it sucks, it sucks. Let 'em take a shot at it.
    Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

#14  Edited By Duo_forbidden

Instead of an animated movie, how about just animate TSCC (Terminator Sarah Conor Chronicles)? 

....Damn Fox for canceling that show.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 50

#15  Edited By The Impersonator

So this 3D movie will be like the Terminator Salvation: The Machinima Series?
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

This...................is............................AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!

I ITS HOPE SUPER VIOLENT! 
    I love my violence.

deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

(Tongue in cheek) With the special effects, isn't that what all the Terminator films have been?... 

I think an animated Terminator film might have to work harder to create the drama, thrill, and suspense of a live action Terminator. That would almost be like creating an animated Watchmen...

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jotham

So they started working on this without talking to the IP owners? Yeah, I bet this'll happen.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jotham
    @sora_thekey said:

"  

"
    That would be the greatest movie ever.
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Jotham:  loved it
    LiamRawson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiamRawson

Animated? Why? 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.