Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1198 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tabletop Game Hits Kickstarter

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back in a whole new way. IDW Games revealed their new Kickstarter for the tabletop game Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past. The new game is designed by Kevin Wilson, who has worked on Arkham Horror and Descent. TMNT puts players in control of the iconic mutant team, and their adventures are based on the adventures of the turtles in their IDW comic book series.

Ninja Turtles creator Kevin Eastman discusses the Kickstarter event and the upcoming game in the Kickstarter video, proclaiming his excitement for the game and for Wilson's dedication to the project.

Shadows of the Past is a 2-5 player game that will take 60-90 minutes to play and put players in control of the Ninja Turtles, who all have their own unique set of skills. Villains like Shredder are also in the game, and of course, the Foot Clan is here too.

The Kickstarter, which is now live, will end on Thursday, February 25. They're looking to raise $250,000 and with a pledge of $90, backers can receive a copy of the game along with the stretch goals, which also includes a whole bunch of miniatures based on the characters from the comic.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

How long has this kickstarter been going on for?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Niiiice looking board game. If it does well they should release an expansion pack that includes Batman and the Ghostbusters as playable characters.

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I am going to have to look into this!

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm. This is that weird area where board games meet tabletop. I saw a kickstarter for a similar concept involving Conan a year or so back. I admit it sort of piques my interest.

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to the Kickstarter page, this launched today. It is already at 61% of its base goal.

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inferiorego  Staff

Hm. This is that weird area where board games meet tabletop. I saw a kickstarter for a similar concept involving Conan a year or so back. I admit it sort of piques my interest.

I pledged to the Conan one. Still waiting! However, the Ghostbusters tabletop game is pretty rad.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego: I considered pledging, but ultimately I figured that it would just be another rules set to learn and wouldn't get played often by my tabletop group. I still almost picked it up just to have for the cool factor, but decided against.

Damnit, now you have me rethinking my life choices.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 inferiorego  Staff

@inferiorego: I considered pledging, but ultimately I figured that it would just be another rules set to learn and wouldn't get played often by my tabletop group. I still almost picked it up just to have for the cool factor, but decided against.

Damnit, now you have me rethinking my life choices.

Don't worry. I'll have a review in July of it, just like I did for the Ghostbusters game

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 tparks  Online

I love that IDW comics Turtles are successful enough for this

Ceramicdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kevin Eastman is a billionaire. Why does he need money to kickstart this? He can kick start it with a snap of the finger. Say NO to kickstarters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.