Follow

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Team » Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appears in 1198 issues.

After four baby turtles were mutated by toxic goo called mutagen they were trained in the art of ninjutsu by fellow mutant Master Splinter. The Turtles different fighting styles and personalities build off one another making them a formidable team of ninja warrior superheroes.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 Teaser

• 86 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @leokearon: Strange, I'll have to fix that.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By SevanGrim

NOOOOOOOO! Donatello is supposed to be damn close to a pacifist whenever he can. Non leathals!!! wtf Nickelodeon?

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By NXH

WTF??? Why reboot Ninja Turtles again??!!! This trailer looks shit!!!

Agustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Agustin

The animation here is simplistic because it's a rough. They've only just completed an animatic of the pilot so we haven't even got a full episode animated yet.

It's been hinted at by someone working on the show that each turtle will have a secondary weapon in addition to their signiture one. If you look closely you can see Mike and Don's regular weapons.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By danhimself

I have no problem with the style of animation since like I said before...simple designs equals better and smoother animation...but I just don't understand the need to change the weapons especially since the only thing they'll be able to cut is robots due to censoring

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#56  Edited By The Impersonator

Dude, I need some pizza to watch this.

Avatar image for beast_in_the_shadows
    Beast_in_the_Shadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Grim: Thats exactly what I was saying. The bo was a perfectly effective, defensive and deflecting weapon and could be used in offense just fine. don't like it...

And a Kusuri-gama works completely different than the nunchukai. it'll change Mikey's style completely.

Also adding blades to their weapons doesn't even make sense because they aren't going to be cutting or stabbing people. Not on a Nickelodeon cartoon show.  I mean al the cartoon characters that are blade based never get to do much with their blades unless they are fighting robots.  Look at what Wolverine gets to do with his claws in cartoons.

If the original Don and Mikey from the first, dark, gritty comics were tough enough with the old weapons, then there is no reason to change them for the sake of egieness.

I'll still give this show a chance (Love  thet turtles so much) but if they don't change the weapons back they will be starting me off on a sour note.
    frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By frogjitsu

To much of a fan to turn this down.  Any Turtles is good turtles!  Wait... I take that back.  Fast Forward was crap after the Awesome 2003 series.  Hopefully this is good.  Now I want go and bust out my old episodes.  Or maybe I'll play Manhattan Project.  I need a TMNT fix, pronto!

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By spystreak

looks like crap even worse then when they added a female turtle back in the 90s

Avatar image for the_hooded_hero
    The Hooded Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The Hooded Hero

I already knew Nick got the rights to TMNT. I'm more excited about the rebooted live action movies. When are those suppose to come out.
    DragonRex1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61  Edited By DragonRex1

Not bad, looks a lot like the 2003 turtles. Kind of wish it was the same voice cast. PS, for those who don't know, Rob Paulsen, who played Raphael in the 1987 series is playing Donatello in this one.

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Band Lone

Looking bad so far

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#63  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This is a cartoon not a game, right? Coz I thought that vid looked like a game.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By Magian

Looks good.

ILuvMsMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ILuvMsMarvel

They keep trying to bring back the Turtles, and the keep failing.

dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#66  Edited By dewboy01

is it another 3d animated movie, or a jim henson movie? 
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @NightFang: 

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By blueninjapanther

awesome can't wait for this.
    Agustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Agustin
    @ILuvMsMarvel said:

" They keep trying to bring back the Turtles, and the keep failing. "

They had a succesful cartoon in 2003 which was also a hit with critics and fans of the original comics. Lasted seven seasons and a DTV movie. I'd argue that isn't a failure. 

@william knowles said:

is it another 3d animated movie, or a jim henson movie?   

The sneak peak here is for a computer animated saturday morning cartoon series. There is a movie in the works that will be live action. Sadly Henson would never touch the turtles for it's supposed violence but they will have men in suits with cgi to animate the lip and eye movement as well as anything else that needs it.

QsAssistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By QsAssistant
    @Ninjistic said:
    " @Doctor!!!!! said:
    " 1 2 3 4!!!!!! 1 2 3 4!!!! Teenage Ninja mutant Turtles!!!!!! I love them! "
    No, no, no. My sincere apologies, but you've got it all wrong, young man. It goes as follows --and I quote-- *ahem*, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Heroes in a half-shell. TURTLE POWER!" "

lol!!! I agree. The original show from the 80's and 90's is what I grew up on! Haven't heard the new theme song(s).
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By NightFang3
    @Shadowdoggy: Yeah, I saw that weeks ago. I was just wondering why it wasn't the news forums? 
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By King_Saturn
    well I'll be damn... those Ninja Turtles are Back
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @NightFang:
    that's a very good question 
    just more thundercat prejudice, if you ask me!
    warmonked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By warmonked

The 2003 series was one of the best cartoons ever. I hope they can keep up the story telling quality.

warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By warcorpse

METAL!
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#76  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @NightFang: Because Nickelodeon just sent me the video file yesterday. Sometimes there are certain deals made where certain outlets get exclusive first viewings. People often post them on youtube without the studios' actual permission. And honestly, I didn't realize it would get over 75 comments. But I am pleasantly surprised.
    mysticflame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mysticflame

I've always like the turtles. I grew up on the 2003 version and Raphael was always my favorite, but the animation here doesn't look right for a movie and I hope that its just for this preview and that the actual movie doesn't look like this, because it'll be disappointing for me. 

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By dorsk188

I'm digging the weapon change...  In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a little more diversity throughout the TMNT.  I'm going to date myself here, but I remember liking it in (I think) the later Archie comic series when the brothers weren't only distinguished by their color and weapon, but Donatello had an ankle-length duster and bag of gadgets, and Raphael had a trucker hat, ball jacket, and an eye missing.  I'm not saying it has to be exactly like that, but I'd like to see their wardrobe and equipment extend beyond knee-pads and bandanas.  It helped show their individuality and how different they became as they grew up.

Kamen Rider Kajiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Doctor!!!!! said:

@Doctor!!!!! said:

" @Ninjistic said:

" @Doctor!!!!! said:
    No, no, no. My sincere apologies, but you've got it all wrong, young man. It goes as follows --and I quote-- *ahem*, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Heroes in a half-shell. TURTLE POWER!" "
    I didn't watch the original TMNT, I watched the new one.... yeah ... i'm young. "
    You are both wrong its..... aww damn you Nick! They removed all free comics on the site.... go watch Turtles Forever for that.
    untammed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By untammed
    @Crono11 said:
    " I'm not going to lie I still love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... "
    rasx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By rasx

Looking forward to this!

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Oh yeah! They've even got the logo inspired by the original mirage comics. This is going to be sweet.

sweatboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#83  Edited By sweatboy

like the logo, looks older, but i got a problem with the weapons. But i didn't like the 2003 cartoon till i watched it either. Man i remember when i was 5 and Fred Wolf's TMNT was THE SHIT!

Avatar image for demonknightinuyasha
    demonknightinuyasha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kid_Zombie said:
    " @Doctor!!!!! said:

" @Ninjistic said:

" @Doctor!!!!! said:
    I didn't watch the original TMNT, I watched the new one.... yeah ... i'm young. "
    God we are old aperently Ninjistic, I was about to sing the same thing!  So I'll finish what you started.. Ahem...   They're the world's most fearsome fighting team (We're really hip!) They're heroes in a half-shell and they're green (Hey - get a grip!) When the evil Shredder attacks These Turtle boys don't cut him no slack! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!) Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!) Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!) Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Heroes in a half shell Turtle power! "
    while reading this I could hear the theme song playing along in my head XD  

changing the weapons is dumb. not everybody needs to be able to cut things :/ 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By danhimself

they just showed the first episode on Nick....wasn't bad...I wasn't expecting much though honestly...not great though...found myself laughing a few times....it won't be something where I'll make sure to watch every episode but if it's on and I can watch I will

Agent_Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#86  Edited By Agent_Prince

The show was excellent, thoroughly enjoyable. The animation may not be to everyone's taste, but was fine for me, and a refreshing change. Don't judge the book by it's cover, this has the potential to be a superb show. Check out my review if you wish. I will certainly be sticking with it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.