Lilith/Omen return to DC?

Avatar image for sethysquare
#1 Edited by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio
2269783-Omen_blurb.jpg

Check this out.

And a sneak peak of Omen and Warblade from the TT Annual.
And a sneak peak of Omen and Warblade from the TT Annual.

From Brett Booth's blog.

Anyone excited?

Avatar image for sethysquare
#2 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

No one interested in Lilith/Omen?

Avatar image for revamp
#3 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. Don't like Warblade though :/

Avatar image for afro_warrior
#4 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp:

Do you not like Warblade at all, or is it this new incarnation in particular you have a problem with?

Avatar image for revamp
#5 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@Afro_Warrior said:

@ReVamp:

Do you not like Warblade at all, or is it this new incarnation in particular you have a problem with?

New Incarnation. I mean, he hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not liking the direction he's being taken. Of course I reserve my actual thoughts until he appears.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (44980 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@ReVamp:

Do you not like Warblade at all, or is it this new incarnation in particular you have a problem with?

New Incarnation. I mean, he hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not liking the direction he's being taken. Of course I reserve my actual thoughts until he appears.

this
Avatar image for garrettsgonewild
#7 Posted by garrettsgonewild (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it's really Lilith but hopefully they don't portray her in bad way like how warblade is being portrayed! I prefer his original look and personality!

Avatar image for revamp
#8 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope DC doesn't mess this up.

Avatar image for outside_85
#9 Posted by Outside_85 (15505 posts) - - Show Bio

@garrettsgonewild: Well she is already been labeled as a sadist, so probably not.

Avatar image for titank
#10 Posted by Titank (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Lilith, I hope she makes a big comeback, and hopefully we'll see her in more titles and teams,

also, has she got eyes anymore?

Avatar image for sethysquare
#11 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Teen Titans and Ravagers aren't really black and white characters right now. Theres lots of shades of grey which is why I think it'll be interesting to see how the dynamics play out. Rose is as much being manipulated as Superboy, but the question is does she know she is being manipulated or does she believe she is fighting for a greater good with characters like the mass murdering teen couple, ideally an organisation like NOWHERE should be there to control these homicidal nut case. So like Rose, perhaps Lilith is also being manipulated as well, to the extent that shes trained to kill and believes its for the greater good, but is it really?

Also there is a certain charm to villains as well, a team and a character is only as good as their villains, but then again, who is the real villain here, no one really knows.

Avatar image for skaddix
#12 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@ReVamp:

Do you not like Warblade at all, or is it this new incarnation in particular you have a problem with?

New Incarnation. I mean, he hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not liking the direction he's being taken. Of course I reserve my actual thoughts until he appears.

i am not sure i enjoy seeing every wildstorm character not from authority starting out as a villain especially considering dv8 the ones most naturally suited for such roles are not getting used.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#13 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@ReVamp said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@ReVamp:

Do you not like Warblade at all, or is it this new incarnation in particular you have a problem with?

New Incarnation. I mean, he hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not liking the direction he's being taken. Of course I reserve my actual thoughts until he appears.

i am not sure i enjoy seeing every wildstorm character not from authority starting out as a villain especially considering dv8 the ones most naturally suited for such roles are not getting used.

Well tbh, most of the characters from Wildstorm are kinda antiheroes. Caitlin pretty much started out as the protagonist.

Avatar image for outside_85
#14 Posted by Outside_85 (15505 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Also there is a certain charm to villains as well, a team and a character is only as good as their villains, but then again, who is the real villain here, no one really knows.

It depends mostly on the writer's ability to make readers care for their characters, Gail Simone won a gold star for Secret Six, while Eric Wallace crashed and burned (in my eyes) with Deathstrokes Titans.

Avatar image for skaddix
#15 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Skaddix said:

@ReVamp said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@ReVamp:

Do you not like Warblade at all, or is it this new incarnation in particular you have a problem with?

New Incarnation. I mean, he hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not liking the direction he's being taken. Of course I reserve my actual thoughts until he appears.

i am not sure i enjoy seeing every wildstorm character not from authority starting out as a villain especially considering dv8 the ones most naturally suited for such roles are not getting used.

Well tbh, most of the characters from Wildstorm are kinda antiheroes. Caitlin pretty much started out as the protagonist.

Gen13 were as close to traditional heroes as possible. But guys like Warblade and Fuji would not be down for killing kids in gladiator fights. Heck even the Authority would kick harvest's behind. The only ones who might support that are DV8.

Avatar image for revamp
#16 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

Well tbh, most of the characters from Wildstorm are kinda antiheroes. Caitlin pretty much started out as the protagonist.

Not true.

Avatar image for skaddix
#17 Posted by Skaddix (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@sethysquare said:

Well tbh, most of the characters from Wildstorm are kinda antiheroes. Caitlin pretty much started out as the protagonist.

Not true.

Agreed they only get that rap because they are more likely to kill bad guys. They are not going to let joker walk a dozen times.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#18 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@ReVamp said:

@sethysquare said:

Well tbh, most of the characters from Wildstorm are kinda antiheroes. Caitlin pretty much started out as the protagonist.

Not true.

Agreed they only get that rap because they are more likely to kill bad guys. They are not going to let joker walk a dozen times.

Yeah, which means they're antiheroes like Cyclops and Wolverine.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#19 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skaddix said:

@sethysquare said:

@Skaddix said:

@ReVamp said:

@Afro_Warrior said:

@ReVamp:

Do you not like Warblade at all, or is it this new incarnation in particular you have a problem with?

New Incarnation. I mean, he hasn't appeared yet, but I'm not liking the direction he's being taken. Of course I reserve my actual thoughts until he appears.

i am not sure i enjoy seeing every wildstorm character not from authority starting out as a villain especially considering dv8 the ones most naturally suited for such roles are not getting used.

Well tbh, most of the characters from Wildstorm are kinda antiheroes. Caitlin pretty much started out as the protagonist.

Gen13 were as close to traditional heroes as possible. But guys like Warblade and Fuji would not be down for killing kids in gladiator fights. Heck even the Authority would kick harvest's behind. The only ones who might support that are DV8.

Well, Caitlin wasn't a villain to begin with either. She was the good guy and Superboy has been portrayed as the bad guy, so Caitlin decided to Kill Superboy and got captured instead, then we found out that shes actually trying to sneak into the Culling, so she has been portrayed like traditional heroes.

@Outside_85 said:

@sethysquare said:

Also there is a certain charm to villains as well, a team and a character is only as good as their villains, but then again, who is the real villain here, no one really knows.

It depends mostly on the writer's ability to make readers care for their characters, Gail Simone won a gold star for Secret Six, while Eric Wallace crashed and burned (in my eyes) with Deathstrokes Titans.

Agreed with that. Yay for Gail's Secret Six and don't ever mention Wallace's Titans. They were so freaking horrible and the worst thing is when I saw the line up I thought wow, great, finally another book like S6 and then when I read it I wanna throw it away.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.