Follow

Team 7

Team » Team 7 appears in 108 issues.

Team 7 was originally a super-powered military spec-ops unit set in the Wildstorm Universe. John Lynch was the group's commanding officer. In the DC Universe, Team 7 was a covert military team sanctioned to investigate and counter the escalating metahuman problem, with John Lynch in charge of their operations again.

What is Gen Factor?

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By crowncoke

This past week I suggested an addition to the objects of Gen Factor stating that it was similar to the Super Soldier Process that Steve Rogers went thru, but had it rejected.  So I figure I will put my thoughts here and possibly get a better submission written to show the aspects of the Gen Factor. 

To begin with the Origin of Gen Factor. 

The Gen Factor was discovered by Dr. Simon Tsung, who found it in the the reincarnated body Sigma, a extradimensional hero.  While working with I.O. Dr. Tsung began on Project: Genesis, but soon left after discovering that Miles Craven, director of I.O. planned to use the Project for military applications.  Similar to the SSP, Gen Factor went thru many stages (some successes and many failure) before being perfected enough for Craven to be willing to test it out on one of his Elite Operations Team, Team 7.  After exposing the Team to the Gen Factor most of the Team began to displaystrong  telepathic and telekinetic powers as well as some healing factor.  The exception to this seemed to be Michael Cray, Deathblow, who seemed to not have gained any abilities at the time.  After the successful exposure to the Gen Factor, Craven began to sell the Gen Factor around the world and thus spreading Gen Actives as well.  None of the later Gen Actives seemed to be as powerful or successful as Team 7 (Similar to how Steve Rogers was most successful survivor of SSP). 

Gen Actives: 
    Team 7 - John Lynch, Jackson Dane, Marc Slayton (Backlash), Cole Cash (Grifter), Philip Chang, Stephen Callahan, Alex Fairchild 
    Gen13 - Caitlin Fairchild (Caitlin), Roxy Spaulding (Freefall), Sarah Rainmaker (Rainmaker), Percival Chang (Grunge),  Robert Lane Burnout)
    DV8 - Matthew Callahan (Threshold), Nichole Callahan (Bliss), Leon Carver (Frostbite), Gem Antonelli (Copycat), Rachel Goldman (Sublime), Michael Heller (Evo), Hector Morales (Powerhaus), Jocelyn Davis (Freestyle)
    Others- Jodie Morinaka Slayton (Jet/Backlash), Ethan McCain (Sigma), Kindred (Animal Gen Actives)

KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

The Kindred were actually the first test subjects for the Genesis serum, in other words: the animal test phase. They got smarter and evolved into walking on two legs and speech in the result of those experiments.

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By crowncoke

That is true.  Similar to how the Weapon Plus Program used Animals (as do most experiments that are designed for humans).  It is fitting that not all of the Kindred were the ones originally created by IO and it's scientists but some were created by Bloodmoon and the other Kindred (being that the scientist were told to destroy the animals and leave the island...) 

I almost feel that some of the Kindred shown in the comics could be 2nd or later generations of Kindred.  Take Dingo for example.  His appearance and abilities seem to be beyond most of the other Kindred that are shown at the time.  Why?  Is he just of better stock or is there some reason why his existance is beyond the other Kindred.
    KillerZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By KillerZ  Moderator

Dingo actually was from the first phase, Bromus and Frenzy could have been too. Dingo didn't grow up with the kindred though, he was sold as slave to some military group and rescued by some australian dude, he educated and trained him to take care of himself. Others are already created by Bloodmoon and some are next generation by breeding (Silver and her friends).

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Baberaham_Lincoln

Dane is soo cool. Do any of you know any comics i could read on Dane, or Team 7 in General, i want TPB's.

dlavizzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dlavizzo

You should also mention that while Gen12 was artificially given the Gen-Factor, Gen13 and Gen14 were born with it thanks to their Gen Active parents. Couple of other notes - Backlash lost his Gen Active status later when his Kherubim healing favor purged his system. He lost the ability to turn into mist, but his native powers became much stronger, if I remember right, since the Gen Factor was actually limiting his potential as a Kherubim lord. Also, the Gen factor was slightly different from the Super Soldier Serum in that the gen factor came from a living source - Sigma. If I remember right he was an extra dimensional being that had all the powers of every superhero from every dimension, or something like that. (Why Planetary didn't recruit him to fight against the Four, I'm still unsure.) I haven't read a lot of the post Worldstorm universe, so I don't know if that's still the case, but that's the original origin story for Gen Factor.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By wmwadeii

Would probably work better as a concept like Meta Human and X-gene Mutant

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.