Follow

Sylar

Character » Sylar appears in 10 issues.

A former watchmaker who discovered his superhuman abilities and became a serial killer obsessed with obtaining the powers of others. Currently reformed.

Off My Mind: What Does The Cancellation Of HEROES Mean?

• 69 results
    skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By skaarason

this sucks !!!

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By -Eclipse-

Huh, that sucks. 

Series 1 was a masterpiece, imo, and I feel like getting out my box set and watching them now... Or forcing my girlfriend to watch it, to give me an excuse, lol

I feel that many people were too hard on what happened in Season 2. There was a writer's strike and so they didn't end up using the ending that they originally planned (and the original ending was MUCH cooler) which kinda screwed things up... But everyone complained the the guys who made the show were all "AHH! We need to go back to the roots of Season 1!" and... Well, they continued to say that they would get back to the roots of Season 1 for the next couple of years, but they never did. 

Still, I've enjoyed the show. It was fun, but not really great quality... The last season was actually pretty good though, gave me a little hope...  

Oh, and did anyone else notice how they killed off/ditched quite literally every character who debuted in the second season? They were so busy trying to fix the 'mistake' of the second season that they didn't notice the show was getting much worse.

davidkenneth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By davidkenneth

It did work but after the writers strike everything went to hell.
    daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By daveydavey

I liked Heroes I didnt know it was cancelled. I kept waiting for a seson premier....lol
    Avatar image for professor_unlikely
    Professor Unlikely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2 is the reason it got canceled.  If Fanboys hadn't artificially propped it up by continuing to praise it, MAYBE the writers would have taken the hint and given us a decent show again.

mrduckluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mrduckluck

I hate in the season 3 finale it seems that in the first time in history of heroes a superpowered fight but noooooooo they want to film the eye of claire(which in time I start to hate her) than instead film the f*cking action scene of peter and nathan vs sylar

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By ImperiousRix

The original season was great.  It was grounded and had great characters that they made you care about, and a story that was just complex enough. 
    After that, they went bananas, and not in a good way.

Avatar image for eisforextinction
    EisforExtinction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By EisforExtinction

I didn't like Heroes. I think good writing will make people watch a show. Heroes had bad writing.

Avatar image for phoenixcarlisle
    phoenixcarlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By phoenixcarlisle

But I'm gonna miss my Claire Bear....
    Zejeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zejeck

This really sucks I kinda hoped to see Peter and Sylar's final battle b4 they came to this decisssion. Also wanted to see if Peter got his powers back. Oh well- guess well never know, unless they pull off a Buffy and Angel and continue it through comics.

lonefang6x6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By lonefang6x6

season one was the best.. but by season two they lost it all. season three had too much powers (not that i'm against it, but too much of anything is too much) then i lost track of season four

cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By cmaprice

Superhero shows *could* work on tv, if written well.
    Heroes just sucked big time. Every episode was the same and by season 2, they'd squandered their only good characters into walking cyclical cliches.
    Oh, and Milo Ventimiglia can't act his way out of a cardboard box (which I think is the material he used as inspiration for his personality)

mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mistrx75

I don't think it shows superhero shows can't work on television as much as bad ones won't.  Just like any other show.  IF every season had been as good as the first, I think Heroes would probably still be ongoing.

Baraborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Baraborn

That's a real shame, they were dancing around it for so long and at the end they finally did it. This is where the true story was. The story suffered from never really growing, the characters grew, but they managed to stay hidden for 4 seasons... that's just stupid. Then Claire (one of my favorites) pulled the plug. 

The show should have been X men, by the end of season 2, it only makes since, especially with the younger ones like Claire, Micah, Monica, West, and later Matt Jr. When the gets secret out, the show becomes an interesting talk about an oppressed minority. With 4 sides, good specials (protection), the companies/government (containment), the evil specials (destruction), the human anti-specials (terrorism).

I'm sad, but it had to happen, who ever was in charge was just to afraid.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By ninjadude853

season 1: F#@$ING AWESOME!!!! no one can contest this

season 2: sucked, once it was revealed that almost every one of the main characters was connected to the company, it just kind of got too unrealistic, although i will say, the revelation of who Adam was is still one of my favorite plot twists EVER!

season 3: started off awesome, finding out who shot Nathan, the villains initial escape, Angela's lie to Syler, but then the rest of the first half just got ridiculous, i mean the whole catalyst thing? WTF, not to mention that they killed off almost everyone introduced in season 2 AND they killed off all the villains they had just introduced! Knox would have been AWESOME! and claires other uncle? WHY would they kill him off?
    then the second half of season 3 was great, i love how they limited peters former potentially omnipotent powers, and i thought Danko was sweet

season 4: wasn't terrible, it just wasn't really that good either i did like samuel as a villain though, very easy to hate, but dont even THINK about talking about all the s#%* about Hiro, that was just ridiculous. 

i'm gonna miss Heroes, but not as much as i thought i would, (i really got to buy the first season on DVD)

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

One thing I would like to say about heroes is that it was one of my favorite t.v shows  
    The show was good but I just felt that the show kind of lost its edge in the last season

SigersonLTD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SigersonLTD

All that the cancellation of Heroes means to me, is that I'll be watching one less NBC show in the fall. The Jay Leno Experiment continues to infect this network, it turns out. An argument can be made that no one watched Heroes this year, because they didn't care for Leno at 10p. I'm also thinking TPTB hampered the series creators with lameness in the form of casting, as well as limited money.....

Avatar image for unbreakableburr
    unbreakableburr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By unbreakableburr

Heroes failed not because it was a super hero show but because it wasn't a well written one. The show had all the elements: good actors, good special effects, interesting concept but because the show had no focus and no clear idea of where it was going or how it wanted to get there it fell apart. Not to mention the blatant ripping off of both Teen Titans and X-Men storylines, which, fine I don't really care but if you're going to rip them off do them well at least. 

extrememage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By extrememage

i felt the show was dropping for a while, but picked up during season 3. but season 4 was getting better

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.