Follow

Sylar

Character » Sylar appears in 10 issues.

A former watchmaker who discovered his superhuman abilities and became a serial killer obsessed with obtaining the powers of others. Currently reformed.

Are You Ready For Heroes Redemption?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Heroes...what can I say?  It's the show I want to like more.  I feel like it should be my favorite show but I've just been let down too many times.  Don't get me wrong, I will still watch it when it premieres on Monday, September 21, 2009.  

As you know, the subtitle for this arc is "Redemption."  That is the question, can this show redeem itself?  Last season seemed to start off strong but I have to admit I actually got bored and had to force myself to watch.  In case you haven't seen it, here's the three and a half promo from NBC.com for the upcoming season.  I have to admit that seeing Robert Knepper (T-Bag from Prison Break) sparks my interest.  I'm curious where things are going to go after the end of the last season.  Let's hope this arc truly will redeem the series...

Speedfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Speedfreak

Thanx, G-Man. I'm gonna watch Heroes. Nothing else to watch at that time slot. I kinda want to see what the tattooed lady's story is about.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

I hate to say that this promo is kind of getting me excited.  I really dug the first episode of last season when they showed it at Comic-Con.  Things just fizzled big time for me.  This does look (dare I say) good.  I just don't want to get burned again.

Speedfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Speedfreak

My hopes aren't up, but I'm a Sylar fanboy. lol I want to see how they handle the Nathan/Sylar storyline. I saw a lot of Circus scenes. T-Bag is running a circus??? Something about that don't sound right. lol

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Moomin123

I'm glad Sylar is returning. He is by far the best Heroes character of all. I also hope that he, Hiro and Peter gain their old superpowers back. Peter's new powers are terrible and Sylar was cooler than normal when he had cryokinesis and the power the paint the future.

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TheBug

I didn't watch the last season of Heroes. Hopefully I won't be too lost.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @TheBug said:
    "

I didn't watch the last season of Heroes. Hopefully I won't be too lost.

"
    I don't think you're the only one that didn't watch.  They should do a nice re-cap at the beginning to fill everyone in.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Oh great, here come The Morlocks
    Ugh X -Heroes sucks.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngelFrost

I don't like Sylar ...
    He's killed too many of my favourite characters.
    so Meh.

Wooo!
    Sooo happy to see Tracy back!

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the creator
    @Speedfreak said:
    "My hopes aren't up, but I'm a Sylar fanboy. lol I want to see how they handle the Nathan/Sylar storyline. I saw a lot of Circus scenes. T-Bag is running a circus??? Something about that don't sound right. lol "

Circus of Crime.......
    Avatar image for therichestmanintown
    TheRichestManinTown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heroes started off as a lame show and by looking at the new season's trailer it still looks lame.

Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
    Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spider-Pantrelli

I just saw this earlier today and I have watched this three times now. :P

vaage-aina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vaage-aina

"Let's hope this arc truly will redeem the series... "   i truly hope so, like you said G-man i too feel like this show should be my favorite also and i always seem to force myself to watch it always hoping that it will eventually get better. Sadly it never did.  Here's hoping for another good season. if the show still sucks, i'm going to stop watching it indefinitely.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Darkchild

HMMMM

I thinking im going to be so very confused with this season if i watch it since i didnt watch the last season at all. but it looks badass

Luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Luthorcrow

Wow, I am amazed at the lack of love for Heroes.  To be honest, I do not keep up with other internet boards on this topic but honestly, bored, you must be joking.  Season 2 was crippled primarily by the writer's strike but Season 3 excluding the story arc with Claire was really great.  Particularly the second half of the season with the increased focus on the series best character, Sylar.

When Quinto made the jump to Star Trek, I thought he would be off the show so it is cool to see that not being the case.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By FoxxFireArt

As much as I love comics. Oddly enough, I never watched Heroes.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By goldenkey
    @Speedfreak said:
    "Thanx, G-Man. I'm gonna watch Heroes. Nothing else to watch at that time slot. I kinda want to see what the tattooed lady's story is about. "

wrong, Big Bang Theory and How I met Yo mother
    Skies327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skies327

I actually like this show a lot. I have yet to miss an episode since I jumped on midway through season one, but constantly making Sylar an unequaled villain gets old in my view. With him no longer having a counter-balance in Peter it's basically just waiting for him to make the big move.

I'll still watch this season though. Angela Petrelli was always one of my favorites with her manipulation tactics.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Korg

I will totally watch another mediocre season of Heroes, just for Robert Knepper. Sylar, prepare to be moved to second-string.

bloodshed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bloodshed

this is really one of the best shows in a long time.
    i don't like to jump on to trends,but i got hooked.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NightFang3

Can't wait!

daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daveydavey

This is the only show on network tv I can watch.

TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TelekineticSun

I can't wait, I think my biggest problem with heroes is Claire Bennet, i hate that character.
    I hope this season is good.

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jefprice

I'm still a big fan of this, like lost it loses something week to week, but when watched straight through it shows it's true nature as a wonderfully crafted modern sci-fi masterpiece. Name one show on TV that has ever done a better job at the super hero gig.

Like every thing else it has ups and downs, but what it's done has to be respected. 
    Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Captain13

This show needs to get rid of Claire and Hiro. Their story lines are always boring.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Korg
    @jefprice said:
    " Name one show on TV that has ever done a better job at the super hero gig."
    Batman, The Tick, The Green Hornet, Lois & Clark, The Incredible Hulk, The Flash, Birds of Prey... I won't even get into animated series. Just because Heroes has shiny effects doesn't make it the best superhero show ever. Not by a loooong ways.

@Captain13 said:
    " This show needs to get rid of Claire and Hiro. Their story lines are always boring. "
    This would cut viewership by at least a third, and is a terrible idea from a marketing standpoint.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jefprice
    @Korg:  Birds of Prey? Really? With it's crappy acting and low budget Buffy rip off action? The Flash, Lois & Clark? Maybe you need to go back and re watch them Lol. I have almost all these on Dvd and time hasn't been kind to them. Lois and Clark sorta holds up, but even then it barely counts as anything more then a Super soap. Surely you really don't mean Batman? The super camoy Adam West 'POW!' fest of the 60's?
    The Tick was more or less satire on comics and everything else, I would hardly call it a competitor of Heroes. The Green Hornet was good, but still isn't quite the same kinda show.

And NONE of these found as large of an following or garnered as much interest as Heroes has over the years, to say nothing of the hundreds it's brought to comic books that have never read before. Heroes is up and down sure, what comic never has been? And the whole point is a live action, major network TV Show that stay's true to a comic style. Which they've done to the point where people that never would read comics love this show and are now going into stores (not all but a lot have done this) and asked what as fans of this show they would like. I think the fact that this is the highest rated Super Hero show to ever be on TV in any age, says a lot. I have a hard time thinking of any show that has been done better over all.

@Captain13 

Those are 2 of the shows most popular people, I don't think they would be wise to cut them out.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Korg
    @jefprice said:
    " And NONE of these found as large of an following or garnered as much interest as Heroes has over the years "
    Heroes has benefitted from all of the shows that I mentioned which came before (not to mention the superhero
    movies), and they also have a much larger budget. Heroes has a lot of publicity behind it, and they loaded the show with people who were somewhat competent actors, or were young and attractive. Like I said, special effects don't make a good show, as we saw last season. Most of those episodes were on par with Lois & Clark, IMO. The Flash was better.
    Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kurrent

I hate the Sylar Nathan thing I hope the resolve that within the first few episodes. The trailer looks great

jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jefprice
    @Korg said:
    " @jefprice said:
    " And NONE of these found as large of an following or garnered as much interest as Heroes has over the years "
    Heroes has benefitted from all of the shows that I mentioned which came before (not to mention the superhero
    movies), and they also have a much larger budget. Heroes has a lot of publicity behind it, and they loaded the show with people who were somewhat competent actors, or were young and attractive. Like I said, special effects don't make a good show, as we saw last season. Most of those episodes were on par with Lois & Clark, IMO. The Flash was better. "

Eh I don't know how much they've benefited from those shows, at least from a viewer point, since most of the people I know that are really big fans of Heroes don't like any of those shows other then the Tick. Having watch the whole Flash show, it was no where near as well produced, directed or filmed. Not to even touch on the acting and how awful it is in the flash. 

Heroes will always find hate, because it's mainstream. A lot of us still like it, and think it's fine and an  enjoyable show. And again, NONE of these other shows are even close from a ratings or popularity stand point. and Lois and Clark had TONS of $ thrown in marketing for it's time, so did Flash. In fact it's poor ratings and lack of viewers are what in no small part got it canned. They hadn't made enough to warrant the $ spent on it.

We can't say rating speak for themselves for the last season either, since everything at NBC is tanking, heck it was forth place (again) among the big 3! Lol But this was one of their top shows.

Sorry to edit after posting, for some reason it wasn't letting me type more, I had to save then edit.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Korg
    @jefprice said:
    "Eh I don't know how much they've benefited from those shows, at least from a viewer point, since most of the people I know that are really big fans of Heroes don't like any of those shows other then the Tick. "
    Allow me to clarify: Heroes, the show, would not exist if it were not for the shows and movies which came before it. That is how they benefitted hugely. Comics have become a more popular medium between the production of the shows previously mentioned, and the creation of Heroes. They capitalized on a growing phenomenon, which is why they got such a huge initial reaction.

@jefprice said:
    " Heroes will always find hate, because it's mainstream. A lot of us still like it, and think it's fine and an  enjoyable show. "
    What's this "us" business? I like Heroes just fine, as you'd know if you read the thread. I don't hate Heroes because it's mainstream. I don't hate it at all.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jefprice
    @Korg said:
    " @jefprice said:
    "Eh I don't know how much they've benefited from those shows, at least from a viewer point, since most of the people I know that are really big fans of Heroes don't like any of those shows other then the Tick. "
    Allow me to clarify: Heroes, the show, would not exist if it were not for the shows and movies which came before it. That is how they benefitted hugely. Comics have become a more popular medium between the production of the shows previously mentioned, and the creation of Heroes. They capitalized on a growing phenomenon, which is why they got such a huge initial reaction.

@jefprice said:
    " Heroes will always find hate, because it's mainstream. A lot of us still like it, and think it's fine and an  enjoyable show. "
    What's this "us" business? I like Heroes just fine, as you'd know if you read the thread. I don't hate Heroes because it's mainstream. I don't hate it at all.
    "

I see what your saying. I'm still not completely sure I agree, since it draws more from comics then any of those shows. And tries to do something completely apart from any of those. I understand what you were saying. But I don't think that Heroes owes anything to any of those shows, it would most likely still be here if not for them. This is like saying that those shows wouldn't be around if not for those before them, everything has to start somewhere. However this is all conjecture, at best, since we;ll never know for sure. 

I didn't read the whole thread, I responded to you one comment that happened to catch my eye. Don't be quick, I'm not attacking you. I simply don't agree and was voicing my view. It seemed to me in the posts of yours I had read you were not happy with it  at best. I am simply saying there are those of us that still enjoy it and are fine with letting them tell their story and not the story we think they should tell. I wasn't necessarily putting you in either group, haters or lovers. Simply saying a lot of like it. Sorry f you misunderstood and took it as an attack. 
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Media_Master
    @Omega Ray Jay said:
    " Oh great, here come The MorlocksUgh X -Heroes sucks. "
    They haven't done anything too original, just ripping off of comics, so I'm passing on watching this show
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Series one was great  no matter how un-original i loved it then the 2nd one was 'meh' & stoped watching at the end of the 3rd series. I think i saw one of series 4 and that was lame, Heroes died  for me when the petrelli's went boom above New York.

mrrpm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mrrpm01

well I love heroes, I think the downfall was during the writers strike they made that godawful finale and had to try and fix things after the strike and in my opinion that cause this domino effect of crappy episodes.  I am excited to see what happens this season and the new additions to the show.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By Decept-O

Wait--the character's name from Prison Break is "T-Bag"??? ROLF!!!   No, no, no---you can't be serious!  I'm so glad I've never watched Prison Break, and this justifies why I haven't.  OMG!!!!  I can't stop....no way.   

That aside--whew--I simply am looking forward to the return of Heroes.  Just wish everyone would quit belly-aching about it.  Better than a lot of crap that is on, just enjoy the blasted show.
    MadOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MadOmegaMan

Heroes is my favourite tv show of all time and I have never missed an episode! I cant's wait!!!!!!
    Avatar image for marshall_madness
    Marshall Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Marshall Madness

All I can say is MEH. I've just been burned too many times by this show. The first season was SOOOOOO great. It had so much potential, nowhere to go but up. But instead, it took a nosedive because they were too pansy to just run with it. It's a show about superheroes, THAT DOESN'T HAVE ANY BATTLES!!! I think the longest fight was the sword duel between Adam and Hiro, and even that wasn't great. The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the showdown we had been waiting for since the first season,  Peter vs Sylar, TOOK PLACE ENTIRELY BEHIND A FREAKIN' DOOR!  I'm done. I'm out.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Phorqe

I agree with Marshall Madness about the big battle that took place behind the door was disappointing. Seeing the Aftermath was cool, but this was just another case of the characters being completely ignorant just to drive the plot along. There is no reason why Nate or Pete didn't grab Claire and bring her with them to fight Sylar. 

I don't really feel like they need that many battles in the show. Most of the powers are like Rock, Paper Scissors.  Its fun to see them use the powers for practical reasons too. The "Villains" volume had a decent amount of action.

I have mixed feelings about getting that dude from Prison Break on the show. I watched a couple episodes of Prison Break, then they made a SECOND SEASON! God that was dumb. Anyway, I'm not sure if my hating of the guy is because I think he sucks or because he is that effective of an actor. He looks like he has telekenesis on Heroes.

I hope Hiro gets his powers back. He really is the best character. He's always optimistic even when he's scared out of his mind. He's like SpongeBob with a samurai mentality and time freeze ability. It would be poetic for him to die while freezing time, I hope that doesn't happen though. 

This is the ONLY show that I watched weekly at its scheduled time. I'm often disappointed. The show has a lot of bland moments which often have me wondering what the f'n point is at the end of the episode. Most episodes are decent, and every three or four episodes there is a "Hell Yeah!" moment. Heroes is notorious for leaving things hanging. They'll have characters make appearances at the end of an episode, then not have them for the rest of season or maybe toward the end of the season. 

I wish I didnt see Sylar go after Parkman. I hate knowing what happens. Anyway, you'll know where to find me every Monday.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Where to start...just where.. I couldn't agree with you more G-Man. When Heroes came out i was sooo excited, the first 2 season's were good in their own ways and i loved them. An even though they had dissapointments (It took Peter two n a half Season's to b/c competent w/ his abilities!!?????!!) i kept right along with them. It wasn't until when they took Peter's power, and replaced it w/ that factory made crap. That was the end of the show for me. I hear that the writers/producers realize the mistake they made and have/had him regain his power from Sylar. I think i'll keep following along on Herowiki for now, if i hear good things, i'll check it out. I have no plans to get hooked into waiting for another promising show to find it's feet again. Learned taht lesson w/ Smallville.
    losers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By losers

the breaking point for me will be  if they bring up the whole blasted father daughter relationship problems between Claire and her dad one more time, then thats when I stop watching or at least get really, really  bored...that has been played out to death!  

agree with earlier point, the whole Sylar/Peter showdown was a total insult to us all...I dont think that everything should be battles all the time, but at least they should have given us that one.

oh and for those who like Tracy, no need to fear she is an immortal character.  If she dies there is still Barbara, and if she dies the retarded writers will find another character for her to pop back as.    

reubenrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By reubenrd

Cant wait for heroes redemption to be released, will be adding the episodes on my heroes website as soon as new season is released. So you will be able to <a href="http://www.getheroes.com">Watch Heroes Online</a> as soon as its released in the United States. If you wish to <a href="http://www.getheroes.com">Watch Heroes Redemption</a> then click one of those links and you can stream them online.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.