Follow

Swamp Thing

Character » Swamp Thing appears in 1047 issues.

Botanist Alec Holland became the avatar of the Green, known as the Swamp Thing, following his death in a swamp as a result of a horrific accident. With the ability to control any form of plant life, Swamp Thing uses his powers to protect both the human and the plant worlds.

I totally get why Alan Moore hates DC

• 52 results
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By Silkcuts

@turoksonofstone said:

@danhimself:
    Siegel and Shuster were screwed, Jack Kirby was screwed, Alan Moore was screwed, Bill Finger was screwed the list goes on forever, Stan Lee himself sued Marvel and won when they tried to screw him but his high profile prevented it.....Nonsense! Whatever constitutes "The Deal" has always varied and was inconsistent at Marvel and DC, changing as often as Ownership and Management....Contracts were often verbal in the past only today do creators get treated sort of fairly....Greed?? Foolish nonsense, If I punched your Dad in the head you would not let me get away with it, Would wanting to get even be greed?....What they contributed isn't relevant to the Superman case, what is relevant is that they created him before they sold him to DC, hence they can reclaim him legally at this time. Real Superman fans know this. Alan Got screwed DC wishes he would work with them, but because they are a bunch of liars we'll never see some great stuff. Alan Moore doesn't need DC. I'm pretty sure it's only certain properties he cared about at DC anyway Watchmen, V for Vendetta, y'know DC's only successful movies outside of Batman. Anyway no need for me to defend a legend Alan's work will be around causing discussion long after he's gone thanks to DC's pigheadedness and Greed. Funny how people call the Heirs Greedy. Wake Up!

Well said.

Everyone has on opinion Turok, but not everyone as is informed as you.

"A Dog can tell you the sun is yellow if someone told him, but the dog is still colorblind". - Silkcuts

^_^

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By ReVamp

@Silkcuts said:

@ReVamp said:

To sum it up Jim Lee convinced Alan to join Wildstorm and create ABC. That was before DC owned Wildstorm. Contracts signed and stories plotted Lee sold Wildstorm and that allowed DC to get Moore back in the stable even if once removed. Moore was debating not doing the ABC stuff, but because he didn't want to screw over his friends he made an agreement with Lee that DC would have no contact with him. DC screwed that up by censoring, pulping and editing his work at ABC. If DC let him be then may be he would still be writing for ABC.

Huh... I see... Who knew...

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

#53  Edited By Silkcuts

@ReVamp said:

@Silkcuts said:

@ReVamp said:

To sum it up Jim Lee convinced Alan to join Wildstorm and create ABC. That was before DC owned Wildstorm. Contracts signed and stories plotted Lee sold Wildstorm and that allowed DC to get Moore back in the stable even if once removed. Moore was debating not doing the ABC stuff, but because he didn't want to screw over his friends he made an agreement with Lee that DC would have no contact with him. DC screwed that up by censoring, pulping and editing his work at ABC. If DC let him be then may be he would still be writing for ABC.

quite a bit and those people would never say Alan is not justice for not liking DC. Morrison is treated like a King and Moore is bullied.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By ReVamp

@Silkcuts said:

@ReVamp said:

@Silkcuts said:

@ReVamp said:

quite a bit and those people would never say Alan is not justice for not liking DC. Morrison is treated like a King and Moore is bullied.

I appreciate your opinion. LOL. I'm sure Moore has his reasons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.