Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Your way to disguise Superman...

dudie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dudie
    • Imagine if you could make a Superman , non-canon book,  HOW would you make it or at least explain why nobody does realize that he is Clark
    • Or would you have him wearing a MASK(would it work...?)???

Let loose your phantasies.......^^
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By Dracade102

Clark Kent has a fake Mustache, and has a different sounding voice. He still has Super-Ventriloquism, right?

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Primmaster64

Wig and mustache too....the wig would have a different color.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

i would you use sunglasses.

Avatar image for martianmanhunter
    MartianManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MartianManhunter

Zatanna and Clark meet when they are teens. Clark helps Zatanna out with her problem and she gives him a pair of oversized magic eye glasses in return to keep his identity secret.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

I would explain in my comic that most people are sorta dumb and not that observant. Clark Kent could probably drop the glasses and people probably wouldn't recognize him as Supes, in real life, you know, if it were all real. Case in point, my most hated high school teacher? My favorite stripper at the local bar. Totally didn't realize they were the same person, even though they wear the exact same clothes and go by the same name. Weird right? Must have been the lighting...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By danhimself

no need to explain...people complain about Superman having a bad secret identity but look at other characters....Nightwing, Robin, Green Lantern and others all only wear domino masks...those don't conceal your identity....heck Dick Grayson once walked a fashion runway dressed as Nightwing AND got into a fight with Jason Todd while doing it...no one said sh!t

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I'd have him have a holographic projector that changes his appearance to the eyes of ordinary people and people with no super sight. 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think he should part his hair on the otherside. Ironclad secret identity.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think he could have a weird kind op hypnotism that distracts people and stops them realizing who he is, kind of like gambits charm thing.

mikezeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mikezeta

I thought superman would always move his face very, very quickly so it would appear to be a blur to normal people when he wasn't Clark. Also, in real life, there was a bank robber who got away with many robberies because people couldn't identify him...his disguise...a piece of red tape on his nose. Domino masks work fine because they're a distraction. Most superheroes don't have famous alter egos, and remember, when we read comics, we get to see every aspect of the heroes life. The citizens only see the hero, on the news, or saving their asses or fighting some super villain. Superman is 6' 4" (a fact unavailable to most people in dc comics, all they know is he's tall), has very crystal blue eyes (nonexistent eye color in real life that he hides as Clark ), is Caucasian, has black hair and is athletic (think about the prevalence of the latter three and you can see he doesn't stand out). Clark Kent is a reporter, the public can assume he's frequently busy, and might not have time to do hero work. 

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By InnerVenom123

Mind control ray.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

I figured people would assume that he doesn't have a secret identity to figure out. They see him as a god and why would a god just want to blend in?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By iLLituracy

Glasses. Durr.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Supreme Marvel

If they see him, heat vision their head off.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Shadowdoggy

A: anyone who suspects his secret identity gets super-punched in the face.
    odoisdabomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By odoisdabomb

He should dye his hair purple.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By ReVamp

Shazam style thing. He changes form  when he becomes Superman, kind of like Matrix. This means he'd probably have minor shapshifting powers.
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Get Zatanna to do something to their minds if they make the connection, like they see really bad images in their mind.

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @mikezeta said:
    "I thought superman would always move his face very, very quickly so it would appear to be a blur to normal people when he wasn't Clark. Also, in real life, there was a bank robber who got away with many robberies because people couldn't identify him...his disguise...a piece of red tape on his nose. Domino masks work fine because they're a distraction. Most superheroes don't have famous alter egos, and remember, when we read comics, we get to see every aspect of the heroes life. The citizens only see the hero, on the news, or saving their asses or fighting some super villain. Superman is 6' 4" (a fact unavailable to most people in dc comics, all they know is he's tall), has very crystal blue eyes (nonexistent eye color in real life that he hides as Clark ), is Caucasian, has black hair and is athletic (think about the prevalence of the latter three and you can see he doesn't stand out). Clark Kent is a reporter, the public can assume he's frequently busy, and might not have time to do hero work.  "

This.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Theodore
    @MartianManhunter said:
    "  Zatanna and Clark meet when they are teens. Clark helps Zatanna out with her problem and she gives him a pair of oversized magic eye glasses in return to keep his identity secret. "
    I wanna know what problem that was LOL
    MartianManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MartianManhunter
    @The_Peter_Cosmic said:
    " I figured people would assume that he doesn't have a secret identity to figure out. They see him as a god and why would a god just want to blend in? "
    A god? I have never seen a Church of Superman in comics.
    MartianManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MartianManhunter
    @Theodore said:

" @MartianManhunter said:

"  Zatanna and Clark meet when they are teens. Clark helps Zatanna out with her problem and she gives him a pair of oversized magic eye glasses in return to keep his identity secret. "

I wanna know what problem that was LOL "
     She's young and doesn't have a lot of experience using her magic. She could probably use his help with an enemy somehow.  Maybe an enemy of her father's who wants to hurt or capture her while he isn't around.
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Theodore
    @MartianManhunter said:
    " @Theodore said:

" @MartianManhunter said:

I wanna know what problem that was LOL "
     She's young and doesn't have a lot of experience using her magic. She could probably use his help with an enemy somehow.     "
    lol guess I just have a sick mind...
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By batmanary

Well in the golden age he was able to mould his face (yes, really) so I'd go with he moulds his face a bit when he's Superman, and uses his regular one as Clark Kent.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Gambit1024
    @SC said:
    " I would explain in my comic that most people are sorta dumb and not that observant. Clark Kent could probably drop the glasses and people probably wouldn't recognize him as Supes, in real life, you know, if it were all real. Case in point, my most hated high school teacher? My favorite stripper at the local bar. Totally didn't realize they were the same person, even though they wear the exact same clothes and go by the same name. Weird right? Must have been the lighting... "
    No way, lol. Are you serious?
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " @SC said:
    " I would explain in my comic that most people are sorta dumb and not that observant. Clark Kent could probably drop the glasses and people probably wouldn't recognize him as Supes, in real life, you know, if it were all real. Case in point, my most hated high school teacher? My favorite stripper at the local bar. Totally didn't realize they were the same person, even though they wear the exact same clothes and go by the same name. Weird right? Must have been the lighting... "
    No way, lol. Are you serious? "

Yep, Mr Mahoney Max Steel, great guy. Teacher by day, stripper by night. Turns out I wasn't at the Bar I wanted to be in, the Kitty Slaughter was the club next door. No wonder so many guys were buying me drinks and there weren't many woman there, i just thought they were really friendly  at the Ramrod Tool Box Disco Bar and Grill. 

Or do you mean the Superman thing? Human perception can really be that flawed, I mean, Lois Lane should be the only one that should of had a clue, given how many times, Supes saved her and how objective and observant she should be given her job, but people tend to project what they think they see, over what they really see, they idolize Superman, and so he looks larger than life and untouchable, but people you see on the street, you just ignore, unless your attracted to them, and ironically that process is similar to screwing up our visual senses. Sort of like meeting celebrities in real life, they are so short and not nearly as impressive as magazines and photoshop might make them. They say when your in love (or lust) as well, that your brain automatically photoshops out the persons physical and personality flaws just leaving an idealized version of themselves.  
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Gambit1024
    @SC: I was talking about the stripper thing, lol
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " @SC: I was talking about the stripper thing, lol "

I prefer to refer to it, as being an Athlete in the Sport of Getting Unchanged Whilst Dancing and Negotiating with a Metal Pole type thing, or being a College Student (not in this case), never mind your cruel, insensitive and unflattering 'Urban Dictionary' slang young man. Haven't you heard that song by City Life? Exactly... 
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gambit1024
    @SC: Insensitive? Unflattering?? 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Gambit1024:  yeah. So my reply will be... Foamy the Squirrel video. I don't know how to put up video links though, so you'll just have to you tube it yourself (sorry) and its the one with... ah, take your pick really, they are all pretty good. Also, it relates to the actual topic of Superman, so seqwaaayed back to on topic topic. 
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nova`Prime`

If I wrote him he wouldn't have a secret identity.. but then again his entire origin would be radically different.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ssejllenrad

Mexican hat and a bandana covering the face. Nobody will notice him that way. :D
    Or he could pretend to be a muslim woman.. :D 

No puns intended.. peace y'all!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @ssejllenrad: Perfect, but needs a mustache. I mean, even if its under the bandana, still....
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @SC: Yes! A mustache would be great under the bandana... Even psychics won't know who Superman is now! :D
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @ssejllenrad: Hell, its such a good disguise Superman might not even know who Superman is. Namor once grew a mustache and forget his own identity, because his disguise was so awesome. ^_^
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By MrDirector786

I think his regular disguise works pretty well. By not wearing a mask, many people wouldn't even think that he has a secret identity. Then just combing his hair back and wearing a certain pair of glasses and vibrating parts of his face, it would be hard to identify Clark Kent as Superman. After watching the Christopher Reeve Superman movies again, I noticed that the glasses he wore really made it hard to see his eyes clearly so it would make it hard to tell if he was Superman or not. So just wearing those kinds of glasses, combing his hair back, and vibrating his face would be good enough to hide his identity. And as I said before, not wearing a mask gives the impression that he doesn't even have a secret identity.

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Band Lone

Also there are a lot of people in real life that look like the stars 

Like Navi who is a replica of Michael Jackson. 

So if Clark ever loses his glasses he could say "Yeah people say that a lot" then he can put his glasses back on and call his mama asking her for some hot cocoa with marshmallows and if his latest edition of Wired magazine had arrived.. After that no one will even think hes Superman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.