Your Favourite Superman moment (possible spoilers)

Avatar image for z3ro180
#1 Posted by z3ro180 (8643 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a thread where superman fans can share their favourite moment from the man of steels long history in any and all forms of pop culture. For me my favourite moment was at the end of Brainiac where Supes is hold kind or and kicks brainiac to the ground and says welcome to earth. Pure badass.

Avatar image for squalleon
#2 Edited by Squalleon (9805 posts) - - Show Bio
Pure Epicness!
Pure Epicness!
Avatar image for markus_langbourn
#3 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (388 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squalleon said:
Pure Epicness!
Pure Epicness!
Yep, this. 
 
I shudder to think what some people will post in here, tbh. Probably just Superman punching other heroes.
Avatar image for lvenger
#4 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

Pure Epicness!
Pure Epicness!

I'll second this too. I really need to find this issue.

Avatar image for billy_batson
#5 Posted by Billy Batson (59593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger:

If you don't have the single issue, it's been collected in several trades.
BB

Avatar image for lvenger
#6 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Which ones out of curiosity? I haven't located them as of yet.

Avatar image for billy_batson
#7 Posted by Billy Batson (59593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Billy Batson: Which ones out of curiosity? I haven't located them as of yet.

Justice League Elite Vol. 1 and Superman: The Greatest Stories Ever Told Vol. 1.
BB

Avatar image for lvenger
#8 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: Awesome thanks a ton BB! :)

Avatar image for coolguyr99
#9 Posted by coolguyr99 (3177 posts) - - Show Bio

These are two of my favourite.

2866226-all_star_superman___saving_life.jpg
2866227-superman_0125.jpg
Avatar image for krspacet
#10 Posted by krspaceT (1891 posts) - - Show Bio
Justice League 16
Justice League 16
Avatar image for showboatingpenguin
#11 Edited by ShowboatingPenguin (178 posts) - - Show Bio
2866531-actioncomics796p13.jpg
2866532-actioncomics796p14.jpg
2866515-fp_16.jpg

Kills that bitch! 
Kills that bitch! 
Avatar image for superguy0009e
#12 Posted by Superguy0009e (2404 posts) - - Show Bio

@Squalleon said:

Pure Epicness!
Pure Epicness!

QFT

Avatar image for guttridgeb
#13 Posted by guttridgeb (4881 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got a few, this is a particularly good one, though its part Lois as well.

2869613-qwdp8.png
2869614-qwdp9.png
Avatar image for ssejllenrad
#14 Posted by ssejllenrad (13091 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody have the scan of the talk he had with HOG Ion?

Avatar image for z3ro180
#15 Posted by z3ro180 (8643 posts) - - Show Bio

Really no more favourite moments.

Avatar image for skewer
#16 Posted by Skewer (348 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of these are my favourites! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=55aB9XTNS_Y

Avatar image for jay_z94
#17 Posted by jay_z94 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

Avatar image for kenshima15
#18 Edited by kenshima15 (453 posts) - - Show Bio
4477334-p6_10 copy.jpg

Putting your pet on time out.

Avatar image for welldone
#19 Posted by WELLDONE (263 posts) - - Show Bio

I second the hog ion talk, someone post plzz

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
#20 Posted by FuzzyLittleRodent (2087 posts) - - Show Bio
4464017-2907708317-42946.jpg
4464019-7065516879-42946.jpg

Avatar image for kenshima15
#21 Posted by kenshima15 (453 posts) - - Show Bio
4608372-11416390_10204413035748348_9177054668554913789_o (1).jpg

How can you hate this guy lol

Avatar image for superguy1591
#22 Posted by Superguy1591 (7533 posts) - - Show Bio
4609378-image.jpg
4609379-image.jpg
4609380-image.jpg
4609381-image.jpg
4609382-image.jpg

Avatar image for lvenger
#23 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in a Smallville Season 11 mood at the moment so I'll highlight some of my favourite moments from that series.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Avatar image for saintwildcard
#24 Posted by saintwildcard (18270 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
Avatar image for saintwildcard
#25 Posted by saintwildcard (18270 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy1591: GAH! I normally hate buying random single issues digitally.... but dammit I need that Krypto issue.

Online
Avatar image for soldierofel
#26 Edited by soldierofel (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Ah Smallville season 11, loved that series. Need to reread it.

As for a favourite moment. Nothing beats this for me. Nothing ever will.

4090570-9867879112-super.jpg

Avatar image for squalleon
#27 Edited by Squalleon (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I'm in a Smallville Season 11 mood at the moment so I'll highlight some of my favourite moments from that series.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

D@mn I need to read it at some point. I read the first three chapters but I didn't like it. Does it get a lot better?

Avatar image for human_rocket
#28 Posted by HumanRocket (11193 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: why you gotta do me like that when I'm trying to give big blue a change ? :/

Avatar image for superguy1591
#29 Posted by Superguy1591 (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: it's AC13 by Morrison, and it was a Halloween special anyway.

It's isolated.

Avatar image for saintwildcard
#30 Posted by saintwildcard (18270 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: why you gotta do me like that when I'm trying to give big blue a change ? :/

I made a punny :/

I summoned you hear for acknowledgment

Online
Avatar image for saintwildcard
#31 Posted by saintwildcard (18270 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: it's AC13 by Morrison, and it was a Halloween special anyway.

It's isolated.

Ah, k then. Good time to take advantage of that sale

Online
Avatar image for lvenger
#32 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Do you mean you read the first 3 parts of Guardian? And yes, it does get a lot better as time goes on. Millar built up a different yet familiar feeling alternative DCU drawing on loads of guest stars, excellent character dynamics and worldbuilding. The artists rotate for the most part but the covers are excellent. I'd definitely recommend reading many of Smallville Season 11's stories, it's what I'm catching up on for my Superman reading.

Avatar image for squalleon
#33 Posted by Squalleon (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Do you mean you read the first 3 parts of Guardian? And yes, it does get a lot better as time goes on. Millar built up a different yet familiar feeling alternative DCU drawing on loads of guest stars, excellent character dynamics and worldbuilding. The artists rotate for the most part but the covers are excellent. I'd definitely recommend reading many of Smallville Season 11's stories, it's what I'm catching up on for my Superman reading.

Yeah. I thought so. I just find it very exposition heavy at the beginning and I never returned.

I like how they try to keep the faces in the beginning and by the end the characters look exactly like their comics selves :P

Avatar image for lvenger
#34 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: The artists gradually began to give the characters their own distinctive looks away from the show's actors, though I thought Tess looked the same for the most part. There were also a few tie in spin offs focusing on some of the other superheroes or supporting cast, I've read what happens in each of them online, but have yet to read them.

Avatar image for squalleon
#35 Posted by Squalleon (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: The artists gradually began to give the characters their own distinctive looks away from the show's actors, though I thought Tess looked the same for the most part. There were also a few tie in spin offs focusing on some of the other superheroes or supporting cast, I've read what happens in each of them online, but have yet to read them.

Who is Tess 0_o?

Really? Which are Superman centric?

Avatar image for lvenger
#36 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: Lex's adopted sister who got killed at the end of the show by Lex himself.

Well, none to be honest. The Superman centric stories is the main series and stories, the others are tie ins of Martian Manhunter, Batman, Teen Titans, Zatanna/Constantine, even a Lois/Lana team up. Superman guest stars in some though.

Avatar image for squalleon
#37 Posted by Squalleon (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: Lex's adopted sister who got killed at the end of the show by Lex himself.

Well, none to be honest. The Superman centric stories is the main series and stories, the others are tie ins of Martian Manhunter, Batman, Teen Titans, Zatanna/Constantine, even a Lois/Lana team up. Superman guest stars in some though.

Οh, okay. Are the mini-series focused on others or are some with Supes?

Avatar image for lvenger
#38 Posted by lvenger (28438 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon: They're focused on others, if you want to concentrate on just reading Superman Season 11 stories, stick with the main series. That's what I did.

Avatar image for squalleon
#39 Posted by Squalleon (9805 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@squalleon: They're focused on others, if you want to concentrate on just reading Superman Season 11 stories, stick with the main series. That's what I did.

Okay. That will do. I want to read it to see if it is good enough for the recommended read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.