Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Who Should Write Action Comics ?

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Soverighn

This Is Completely Up To You Any Writer/Artist In Comics On Any Company

My Dream Team Is (W) Jonathon Hickman (A) Frank Cho (C) Marte Garcia

Why You Ask, Hickman Is Properly One Of The Best Science Fiction Writers In The Medium An Loves To Build Stories, An Frank Could Really Draw Action Scenes An Why Garcia On Colors Just Read All-New X-Men

Frank Cho's Superman
    Frank Cho's Superman

So Whos Your Dream Team

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

START

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

JMS the eath one series was fantastic. IMO he writes the best young superman

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'd love Peter David to write it, he is brilliant and very diverse in who he can write for.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Most of my dream writers have already written a Superman story at some point. Morrison, Kelly, Waid, Wolfman, Johns, JMS, Johns amongst others. Having said that, one writer who I'd love to see write a Superman story would be Garth Ennis or Greg Rucka as the writer of the story. For the artist, I'd love to see Francis Manapul on a Superman ongoing. His artwork is simply gorgeous as anyone who's read Adventure Comics or Flash can verify.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Grant Morrison and Rags Morales... Oh wait...

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lvenger said:

Most of my dream writers have already written a Superman story at some point. Morrison, Kelly, Waid, Wolfman, Johns, JMS, Johns amongst others. Having said that, one writer who I'd love to see write a Superman story would be Garth Ennis or Greg Rucka as the writer of the story. For the artist, I'd love to see Francis Manapul on a Superman ongoing. His artwork is simply gorgeous as anyone who's read Adventure Comics or Flash can verify.

Rucka has actually already written AC along with Adventures of Superman.

BB

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Maaaaan, I am so bummed out that Andy Diggle isn't writing Action Comics. Tony Daniel's art looked PHENOMENAL and the preview left me ecstatic.

Avatar image for supermanfan1234
    supermanfan1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Francis Manapul for the artist and Mark Waid as the writer.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I want Morrison to continue but that ain't happenning.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By the_tree

Get me Brian Azzarello with Cully Hamner, or Bryan Q. Miller with Doug Mahnke.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

BB

Ah yes he has. He also co wrote World of New Krypton with James Robinson if I remember correctly.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lvenger said:

@billy_batson said:

@lvenger said:

BB

Ah yes he has. He also co wrote World of New Krypton with James Robinson if I remember correctly.

Yup. Want more of that? :p

BB

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@billy_batson said:

@lvenger said:

BB

Yup. Want more of that? :p

BB

I admit his stint wasn't long enough so I wouldn't mind. But with Rucka being shoved off Wonder Woman and the other Wonder Woman related project for Morrison, I don't think the relations between Rucka and DC are particularly good.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By z3ro180

Me I should write it :)

IamGog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Alan Moore,Niel Gaiman,Bendis,Mark Miller.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@tdk_1997 said:

I want Morrison to continue but that ain't happening.

I would say this, but I respect that he told the story he wanted to tell and then left. I would rather that, than have him continue to crank out arc after arc just to fill pages.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see Tomasi take a crack at Action Comics

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I'd like to see Tomasi take a crack at Action Comics

or Jonathan Hickman......yeah yeah i know i am asking for too much.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My Dream Team?

Peter David and Mark Silvestri. I also dream that they would take a crack at Wonder Woman. I hope Peter David is recovering well.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mpierce2690

I would have liked to see Scott Snyder and Jim Lee take over Action Comics instead of creating the new Superman Unchained title, but since I can't have that, I'd like to see how Peter Tomasi would write him. He captures the double-edged sword of Batman/Bruce well in Batman & Robin, and plays up the secondary characters, which if key for Superman.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea who'll be writing after this current arc and while I wish the creative team stayed the same, it's too much to hope for. Although, I think an ideal artist for Action Comics would be Doug Mahnke.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea who'll be writing after this current arc and while I wish the creative team stayed the same, it's too much to hope for. Although, I think an ideal artist for Action Comics would be Doug Mahnke.

You should read some of Joe Kelly's older Action Comic work. Mahnke was around for some of those issues, including What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way, a personal favourite of mine.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

You should read some of Joe Kelly's older Action Comic work. Mahnke was around for some of those issues, including What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way, a personal favourite of mine.

That's exactly what I was referring to! He's one of my personal favourite Superman artists and considering he's officially done with Green Lantern come issue 20, I don't see why he can't jump into Superman again!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That's exactly what I was referring to! He's one of my personal favourite Superman artists and considering he's officially done with Green Lantern come issue 20, I don't see why he can't jump into Superman again!

Mankhe is out of work now so it would be nice to see him back at Action Comics drawing Superman again. Now they just need a writer to sort things out for them. DC had better not replace Diggle with some hack writing filler material.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Mankhe is out of work now so it would be nice to see him back at Action Comics drawing Superman again. Now they just need a writer to sort things out for them. DC had better not replace Diggle with some hack writing filler material.

I'm with you there mate! Personally, I haven't really been enjoying Lobdell's work on Superman. It's average at best and moderately enjoyable, and if it were not for Rocafort's art, I don't know if I could've continued picking up the series (despite the latest issue being drawn by another artist).

I'd reeaaallly like to see Diggle and Daniel make a return, some surprise announcement similar to what Simone did when she was back on Batgirl!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger said:

I'm with you there mate! Personally, I haven't really been enjoying Lobdell's work on Superman. It's average at best and moderately enjoyable, and if it were not for Rocafort's art, I don't know if I could've continued picking up the series (despite the latest issue being drawn by another artist).

I'd reeaaallly like to see Diggle and Daniel make a return, some surprise announcement similar to what Simone did when she was back on Batgirl!

Oh me neither. It's lackluster beyond belief. One of my least favourite New 52 writers to say the least after what he did to Tim Drake. And will you be dropping it once Unchained comes out? That'll give you 2 other Superman series to choose from. I'd like that too but Diggle has reasons for leaving DC. Simone's being fired was an editorial mix up with the new Batgirl editor. And Daniel is working on another big project for DC. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Trinity War.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Oh me neither. It's lackluster beyond belief. One of my least favourite New 52 writers to say the least after what he did to Tim Drake. And will you be dropping it once Unchained comes out? That'll give you 2 other Superman series to choose from. I'd like that too but Diggle has reasons for leaving DC. Simone's being fired was an editorial mix up with the new Batgirl editor. And Daniel is working on another big project for DC. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Trinity War.

Honestly, I don't know if I'll be dropping Superman. Despite how poorly it's currently getting received, I feel as if I'd be doing a diservice by not picking up the issues and keeping up with the stories just to stay up to date.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bendis! Nyahahahahaha!

Wait... Quesada should do a good job writing Supes! Nyahahahahaha!

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Stormbox

@ssejllenrad said:

Wait... Quesada should do a good job writing Supes! Nyahahahahaha!

You invite quesada, ill invite straczynski and we'll get this party started!

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormbox: JMS ain't that bad. He even distanced himself from that OMD connection. And Earth One was a good read....

Wait... Oh yeah... He made Superman walk throughout the states doing nothing in a 14-long arc... Ugggh!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Honestly, I don't know if I'll be dropping Superman. Despite how poorly it's currently getting received, I feel as if I'd be doing a diservice by not picking up the issues and keeping up with the stories just to stay up to date.

I follow what's going on in Superman via reviews myself. There's a particular site that gives very detailed synopses of what's going on. But I understand that keeping up to date is important. Do you do the same with Superior Spider-Man?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I follow what's going on in Superman via reviews myself. There's a particular site that gives very detailed synopses of what's going on. But I understand that keeping up to date is important. Do you do the same with Superior Spider-Man?

Indeed I do, Superior isn't Slott's best work but I know he's leading us somewhere.

Yeah, some writers start out slow and you never know, they might begin to pick it up down the line. I hear Lobdell occasionally did that with Red Hood and the Outlaws so I'm curious as to how he continues to handle Superman.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Stormbox

@ssejllenrad: Yea i know

I read "quesada" and "superman" together and couldnt help myself :p

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.