What should the next Superman movies have?

Avatar image for bookman
#1 Posted by Bookman (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman:Man of Steel should deal with Darkseid, who forces Superman to cut loose, and bring in Supergirl. The next one should then have Doomsday, and introduce Steel, Superboy, Eradiactor, and Cyborg Superman. Not sure about the rest of the series, but what do you think the next Superman movies should have?

Avatar image for _obsidian_
#2 Posted by _Obsidian_ (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
Brainiac...
Brainiac...



Avatar image for conspiralcy
#3 Posted by Conspiralcy (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think the Clark Kent from SmallVille should play Superman?

Avatar image for bookman
#4 Posted by Bookman (832 posts) - - Show Bio
Twilight Man said:
"
Brainiac...
Brainiac...



"
I can't bealive I forgot about him! He should be in the next movie, then Darkseid and Doomsday come in the next ones.
Avatar image for bookman
#5 Posted by Bookman (832 posts) - - Show Bio
Conspiralcy said:
"Do you think the Clark Kent from SmallVille should play Superman?
"
Perhaps when he's older. I know, he could play as Superboy.
Avatar image for _obsidian_
#6 Edited by _Obsidian_ (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
Bookman said:
"Conspiralcy said:
"Do you think the Clark Kent from SmallVille should play Superman?"
Perhaps when he's older. I know, he could play as Superboy."
But he's over 30 now o_O Personally, I would rather see Brandon Routh playing Superman than Tom Welling...
Avatar image for bookman
#7 Posted by Bookman (832 posts) - - Show Bio
Twilight Man said:
"Bookman said:
"Conspiralcy said:
"Do you think the Clark Kent from SmallVille should play Superman?"
Perhaps when he's older. I know, he could play as Superboy."
But he's over 30 now o_O Personally, I would rather see Brandon Routh playing Superman than Tom Welling...
"
What? How can he play as a teenage Superman when he's over 30!?
Avatar image for _obsidian_
#8 Posted by _Obsidian_ (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
Bookman said:
"Twilight Man said:
"Bookman said:
"Conspiralcy said:
"Do you think the Clark Kent from SmallVille should play Superman?"
Perhaps when he's older. I know, he could play as Superboy."
But he's over 30 now o_O Personally, I would rather see Brandon Routh playing Superman than Tom Welling..."
What? How can he play as a teenage Superman when he's over 30!?"
Idk, he wasn't over 30 when Smallville started 2001 :P
Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio

superman VS superman prime

Avatar image for pixelized
#10 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

A Nude Scene

Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#11 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"A Nude Scene"

NO
Avatar image for pixelized
#12 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

yes sir

Avatar image for _obsidian_
#13 Posted by _Obsidian_ (4618 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"pixelized said:
"A Nude Scene"

NO"
HEAVENS NO! o_O
Avatar image for copy
#14 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio

Super-man Returns Black!

(Carlos Mencia)

Avatar image for vance_astro
#15 Posted by vance_astro (89988 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"A Nude Scene"

Yes.....but not Supes...Lois & Lex,LMFAO.
Moderator
Avatar image for pixelized
#16 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd watch that too

Avatar image for vance_astro
#17 Posted by vance_astro (89988 posts) - - Show Bio
Copy said:
"

Super-man Returns Black!

(Carlos Mencia)

"

........
Moderator
Avatar image for lady_tlieso
#18 Posted by Lady Tlieso (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

no lois lane or at least a different one.

Avatar image for pixelized
#19 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

how about Lewis Lane

Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#20 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"how about Lewis Lane"

how about no.........
Avatar image for bookman
#21 Posted by Bookman (832 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Copy said:
"

Super-man Returns Black!

(Carlos Mencia)

"

........"
Arkward.
Avatar image for pixelized
#22 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"pixelized said:
"how about Lewis Lane"

how about no........."

I like it
Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#23 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"T.J. Magnum said:
"pixelized said:
"how about Lewis Lane"

how about no........."

I like it"


well i don't ....
Avatar image for pixelized
#24 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

stay home

Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#25 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"

stay home

"
more like never gonna be made,ever
Avatar image for pixelized
#26 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

it will

Avatar image for lady_tlieso
#27 Posted by Lady Tlieso (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

that'd be fine with pix, as long as they get rid of that scrawny whiny chick.

Avatar image for t_j__magnum
#28 Posted by T.J. Magnum (25922 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"it will"

never,end of story.
Avatar image for methos
#29 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio

simple answer... it should have the death of Superman...

they should plan a trilogy of movies and do it directly from the comic. they wouldn't need to change much, keep all the characters that are in the comic and translate them directly into the movie...

the only characters i would replace would be Booster Gold and Bloodwynd, who can easily be replaced by more well known characters like Guy Gardner and Martian Manhunter without adversely affecting the storyline.

they wouldn't need to dumb it down or anything as everything is pretty much explained as the story progresses, maybe have some flashbacks to Doomsday's creation while he's breaking out of the vault ta the beginning of the movie, but otherwise don't mess with it. doing a trilogy like that, especially directly from the comics would reenforce faith from the fans in comic movies and it would definitely put DC back on the map movie wise.

they could also use the movies to springboard other DC movies like a decent version of Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and others while keeping the stories true to the comics.

M

Avatar image for pixelized
#30 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
T.J. Magnum said:
"pixelized said:
"it will"

never,end of story."
it will. story has just begun
Avatar image for nighthunter
#31 Posted by Nighthunter (29571 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos has said this a few times and I agree with him

The death of Superman

Seriously think about it, Superman alone can sell millions with a crap movie, the name would bring both fans of the character and people that don't like him.

Done right it could be the best comic movie ever, with a few cameos of DC characters in the funeral to give the message that Superman is the greatest hero of earth for them, maybe even a few cameos of heroes seeing the battle with doomsday

Sequel: Superman returns (or something like that since the name is used)

Mongul and Cyborg Superman as the villains (or Cyborg Superman alone) maybe introduce Superboy but not as a rule and maybe an appearance at the end of Hal Jordan and the destruction of Coast City as a prelude to an Emerald Twiilight movie

Avatar image for nighthunter
#32 Posted by Nighthunter (29571 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"simple answer... it should have the death of Superman...

they should plan a trilogy of movies and do it directly from the comic. they wouldn't need to change much, keep all the characters that are in the comic and translate them directly into the movie...

the only characters i would replace would be Booster Gold and Bloodwynd, who can easily be replaced by more well known characters like Guy Gardner and Martian Manhunter without adversely affecting the storyline.

they wouldn't need to dumb it down or anything as everything is pretty much explained as the story progresses, maybe have some flashbacks to Doomsday's creation while he's breaking out of the vault ta the beginning of the movie, but otherwise don't mess with it. doing a trilogy like that, especially directly from the comics would reenforce faith from the fans in comic movies and it would definitely put DC back on the map movie wise.

they could also use the movies to springboard other DC movies like a decent version of Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and others while keeping the stories true to the comics.

M
"
damn beat me to it lol...kinda
Avatar image for methos
#33 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
an appearance at the end of Hal Jordan and the destruction of Coast City as a prelude to an Emerald Twiilight movie

now that i would pay damn good money to see...

they'd never do it, but an Emerald Twilight movie would outsell any other movie to date... i could pretty much promise you that

M
Avatar image for methos
#34 Posted by Methos (40531 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
damn beat me to it lol...kinda
caption
caption


because it makes sense...

i seriously don't know why DC haven't figured this out yet...

The Death of Superman is one of, if not the best seeling trade paperback of all time, doing a movie out of it would just make sense financially and it's just damn good business.

M


Avatar image for copy
#35 Posted by Copy (8364 posts) - - Show Bio
Bookman said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Copy said:
"

Super-man Returns Black!

(Carlos Mencia)

"

........"
Arkward.
"
It was a joke from Carlos Mencia show. I found it funny.
Avatar image for nighthunter
#36 Posted by Nighthunter (29571 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah too bad that because of the name trial they can't aren't sure if they can do one.

The first Superman movies were great and except for Batman Forever (Great name, crap movie) and Batman and Robin the Batman movies too

Nice to see that they really are wanting to give their other popular heroes a chance

Avatar image for bookman
#37 Posted by Bookman (832 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wanted to give Brainiac and Darkseid a chance to appear first.

Avatar image for the_spartan
#38 Posted by The Spartan (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

A live-action film with a conflict between Superman and Doomsday would ROYALLY kick ass.

Avatar image for the_spartan
#39 Posted by The Spartan (6192 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Nighthunter said:
damn beat me to it lol...kinda
caption
caption


because it makes sense...

i seriously don't know why DC haven't figured this out yet...

The Death of Superman is one of, if not the best seeling trade paperback of all time, doing a movie out of it would just make sense financially and it's just damn good business.

M


"

Damn straight.
Avatar image for pixelized
#40 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure they wanna wear superman out first before they decide to kill him off

Avatar image for sparda
#41 Posted by Sparda (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

A good director.

Avatar image for mr_superior
#42 Posted by mr.superior (137 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Cameo, Martian Manhunter or Batman would be cool. 

Avatar image for pixelized
#43 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman.


just because

Avatar image for the_absolute
#44 Posted by The_Absolute (914 posts) - - Show Bio
'nuff said.
'nuff said.


Avatar image for ahumancartoon
#45 Posted by ahumancartoon (372 posts) - - Show Bio
Bookman said:
"

Superman:Man of Steel should deal with Darkseid, who forces Superman to cut loose, and bring in Supergirl. The next one should then have Doomsday, and introduce Steel, Superboy, Eradiactor, and Cyborg Superman. Not sure about the rest of the series, but what do you think the next Superman movies should have?

"

Another reboot
Avatar image for zee_crusher
#46 Posted by zee crusher (9067 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make a silver age superman with composite man. It be a hell of a fight but it be a gay ending because composite would either run out of powers, or superman would say he's dieing the same way his dad died because the powers he gained. Plus if they do that they might even throw in the legion of super heroes, as well as batman and robin.

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
#47 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2581 posts) - - Show Bio

My vote goes to Brainiac. He can give Superman a huge challenge without Kryptonite.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.