Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Tons of Potential Info On Rumored Superman Game

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

4chan user fedupstep made a post (take all of this with a grain of salt) which had the following picture with quite a bit of information regarding this rumored game.

No Caption Provided

The user tells us a lot of things about this rumored game:

- Gives us what seems to be 2 pieces from the soundtrack: Flying Music and Boss Fight

- They say that it is made by WB Games Montreal and that there are many newcomers also working on the game.

- The game is run on Unreal Engine 4.

- The game is said to have a "huge" open-world Metropolis.

- No playing as Clark Kent.

- Unlockable Krypto

- Nerfed Superman, they say he's around TAS levels.

- Semi destructible environments

- They inform us that a Suicide Squad game was in early development but was ultimately dropped to focus on Superman.

- You can apparently lose health and fly towards the sun (not into space) and regain it while obtaining increased strength.

Quite possibly a fake, but time will tell.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman deserves a game. A playable one at that.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hope they announce this soon. Wouldn't be surprised if it came in the next month.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By OrangeBat

@mercinwithamouth: That flying music is so Superman, it's awesome.

Even if it's fake, that's one awesome piece of music to listen to while zooming around as the Man of Steel.

I kinda wonder thought, if it's real, are they gonna go for "realistic" gameplay like the Arkham games or for more "arcadey" stuff like Bayonetta or something? I'm personally hoping for the former, but y'know...

Oh yeah, and the dude also mentions Metallo, Parasite, Lex Luthor, Mr. Mxyzptlk and Darkseid as bosses. I'm guessing Mxy is gonna be the "Scarecrow" of the game.

Assuming, of course, that it's all real.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nightwing817

@mercinwithamouth: That flying music is so Superman, it's awesome.

Even if it's fake, that's one awesome piece of music to listen to while zooming around as the Man of Steel.

I kinda wonder thought, if it's real, are they gonna go for "realistic" gameplay like the Arkham games or for more "arcadey" stuff like Bayonetta or something? I'm personally hoping for the former, but y'know...

Oh yeah, and the dude also mentions Metallo, Parasite, Lex Luthor, Mr. Mxyzptlk and Darkseid as bosses. I'm guessing Mxy is gonna be the "Scarecrow" of the game.

Assuming, of course, that it's all real.

I had the same thoughts. The music is absolutely perfect. Same instruments used in the Arkham games, but more uplifting. More epic. I don't think someone could've made that on their own. All signs are pointing to this being real, only a matter of time before it's announced. WB has no more games on their slate for 2016 so they'll have to announce something soon.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: Agreed. Music needs to be epic, like Man of Steel's flight scene.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Kal'smahboi

There's no way that image is real right? He looks awful, and the \S/s don't even match.

Music does sound awesome though.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kal_smahboi: supposedly it's a placeholder for the BvS skin. That's why the S's look different. And they probably haven't been able to graph Henry Cavill's face yet, so the skin probably isn't final.

CairoV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be like a hybrid of superman and the crimson chin.

No Caption Provided

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

This is definitely potentially interesting rumours and that Flight suite music is superb for the Superman flying music but are we really sure this is any more legitimate than anything else that's come out about this game? The image for Superman in the screenshot looks odd for in gameplay footage, Warner Bros games haven't made any hints or indications they're working on a Superman game for a June 2016 release which you'd think they'd make a bigger deal out of and the guy who leaked this may not be someone who's working on the game for all we know. Loads of rumours have emerged lately and not all of them may contain legitimate information about what it is they're leaking. No reason to trust this over everything else that was false.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@lvenger: It could be fake. Nothing has disproved the previous evidence as of yet though. Just checked WB Games Montreal's Facebook page and they removed a video they posted up about it being 2016. They even said on the post that they had some, and I quote, "serious surprises" for us this year.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lvenger

@mercinwithamouth: None of the usual gaming news outlets or sites have also reported on these rumours either, and you'd think their sources would know if there were any juicy rumours about a Superman game either. Still, you do at least have a point for now that no one has contradicted this like the recent Batman vs Superman rumours were. It still says on their FB and site they're developing 2 DC Comics games so if one is coming in 2016, it might be rushed and not given the time or budget it should have been.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@lvenger: I doubt it'd be rushed. It'd logically be something they've been working on since the release of Origins. They could simply announce something, having whatever it is come out in 2017. "AAA" usually implies a nice budget as well when it comes to something that hasn't released or part of a critically acclaimed series.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: But WB Montreal are still a relatively smaller and lesser developed studios despite the WB backing, are they the triple AAA kind of company? I'd rather avoid another Battlefront vacuum of quality or Arkham Origins glitches with this possible Superman game. Also, have they said their DC Comics games are Triple A?

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: It could be fake. Nothing has disproved the previous evidence as of yet though. Just checked WB Games Montreal's Facebook page and they removed a video they posted up about it being 2016. They even said on the post that they had some, and I quote, "serious surprises" for us this year.

Did they give any hints about when they would announce these surprises?

@lvenger said:

@mercinwithamouth: But WB Montreal are still a relatively smaller and lesser developed studios despite the WB backing, are they the triple AAA kind of company? I'd rather avoid another Battlefront vacuum of quality or Arkham Origins glitches with this possible Superman game. Also, have they said their DC Comics games are Triple A?

They're actually quite large. They're about 2.5x bigger than Rocksteady. And they did say that these two games would be AAA.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Origins was great but too few new things added. The dlc was far better than harleys revenge.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing817: In terms of studio size, work force, tech they work with? Thanks for the triple AAA answer too.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nightwing817: I mean, I really hope it's true, but I'm not holding my breath.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time for them to make a Superman game. And making it so that it isn't too boring too quick should be the number one priority.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zaied

@lvenger: It's interesting to note that about a year ago, a Gaf insider stated "Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game". I don't frequent those forums, but he seemed to be well-respected so I imagine he was credible.

Of course, that doesn't validate this rumor at all, but between that, the rumors, leaks, that LinkedIn thing, and WB Montreal announcing they're working on two AAA titles, it seems like it's really going to happen. Still can't believe it's been an entire decade since the last Superman game.

If it's really WB Montreal making it, I hope they don't mess it up.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@lvenger: Nightwing said everything I was going to.

From what I've seen of WBGM, their studio is much larger than Rocksteady's, along with having a much larger workforce. I suppose the tech is debatable. I'd imagine they all have fine hardware, but I believe they'd be using Unreal Engine 4 by now, while Arkham Knight used a modified Unreal Engine 3.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@nightwing817: Sadly, no. They were basically telling everyone "Happy New Year!" along with telling us they had those "serious surprises" in store. I'd definitely expect for whatever it is to be announced at or before this year's E3.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: I know the coincidences are all mounting up thus far with everything you've listed but I'm just sceptical with the lack of publicity and promotion on this. If a triple AAA game about the other founding father of DC Comics is being made, even with his poor game history, I would have thought WB Montreal would have put more song and dance into what they were working on. As for whether they mess up, Origins was a bit of a buggy mess even after launch and their other game track record is relatively bare to say the least. Still, there is at least potential with the stand out mechanics WB Games have done in other games.

@mercinwithamouth Huh I thought Arkham Knight was run by the Unreal Engine 4 but it looks impeccable for a modified Unreal Engine 3.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@lvenger: Agreed. The game's graphics are insane.

MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
    suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@mercinwithamouth: That is wierd. I was just mentioning how I hoped for the game to be somewhat free roaming, and polished up from Shadow of Apokolips.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.