Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman's top speed?

• 125 results
    Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Kal'smahboi

Superman's page says that his flight speed has been shown to be "superluminal," meaning faster than the moon.  I'm certain that his flight speed is many times greater than this.
    Is there a reason that this was written or was it just a misinformed editor?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @Kal'smahboi: Superluminal does not mean faster than moon. It means faster than light. It comes from an astronomical motion that occurs in quasars and radio galaxies.
    azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By azza04
    @Kal'smahboi: How fast Superman can fly usually depends on the writer. In Earth's atmosphere i dont think he flys faster than Mach 10 because it can somehow damage the planet or something. In space he can fly faster than light speeds, but again it depends on the writer.
    Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By termiteone4ever

I have been reading on supes for years there is no TOP speed for supes according to my understand. No matter what he always move faster and faster depending on the circumstances. Plus no writer would be dumb enough to limit Superman speed why because he is superman.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

You only need to know that he will only get faster.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kal'smahboi
    @azza04 said:
    " @Kal'smahboi: How fast Superman can fly usually depends on the writer. In Earth's atmosphere i dont think he flys faster than Mach 10 because it can somehow damage the planet or something. In space he can fly faster than light speeds, but again it depends on the writer. "
    Yeah I'm an idiot. I read superlunar for some reason.
    ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @Supreme Marvel said:
    " You only need to know that he will only get faster. "
    Faster? Faster?!? FASTERRRR????? Then why is walking now? Huh? Some speed feat! Hmpf! Hehe!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

don't know

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    @ssejllenrad said:
    " @Supreme Marvel said:
    " You only need to know that he will only get faster. "
    Faster? Faster?!? FASTERRRR????? Then why is walking now? Huh? Some speed feat! Hmpf! Hehe! "
    :p Didn't you know? I thought everyone knew, he's not actually walking. He's running so fast that it looks like he's walking. Also the last section of Grounded so far has been better than the rest. That included Flash and Batman. I think that the entire series should have been like that. Getting in touch with the community while having a cameo in it.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

Go. 

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ssejllenrad
    @Supreme Marvel: Great! The moment I stop reading Grounded, it becomes better. Good thing I don't buy 'em issues in the first place.
    Darthtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darthtravis

It is my understanding that Superman cannot tap into the the Speedforce, which (in my understanding) is what allows the Flash to reach superluminal speeds.  Perhaps he can fly faster than the speed of light, but his inability to tap into the Speedforce would seem to limit his speed in some capacity.  

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    @Darthtravis said:
    " It is my understanding that Superman cannot tap into the the Speedforce, which (in my understanding) is what allows the Flash to reach superluminal speeds.  Perhaps he can fly faster than the speed of light, but his inability to tap into the Speedforce would seem to limit his speed in some capacity.   "
    Superman can go as fast as he wants to. He may not be able to get there faster than the Flashes, but he'll still get there pretty quickly. Wherever there is. But there is no limit to Superman's speed. Because once you go beyond light speed, then you're breaking the rules of physics.  And he can get there quicker when flying.
    Darthtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darthtravis

So wouldn't Big Blue have a FTL punch?

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valtot

@Darthtravis:

in space maybe on earth he cant move those speeds like the flash otherwise hed tear the earth apart as he doesnt have a speed force aura or anything like the flash family do

and yes he has done a IMP in space while destroying the shadow moon he lowered his speed just under light pushing his mass towards infinity to make sure hed destroy it

Jodin20723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jodin20723

Supermans top speed is faster then light in flight with ease. Problem is when he needs to accomplish these speeds to go from point A on Earth to point B he needs to first fly up into the Exosphere(10,000 Km or 6,214 MILES)  where the Earth's atmosphere meets the outer space at a "safe" speed, then over to point B at "full speed"  and then slowing as he comes back down to earth(6,214 miles) which in reality is a overall greater distance then simply just traveling from point A to point B like the flash can. Which is one of the main reasons why flash is seen as faster then superman in flat out travel speed. Superman's powers follow Physics on a more "realistic" level then compared to the Flash's "Speed Force" that protects the earth, everyone and everything the  Flash passes from the Force of such speeds. Superman at full speed in earths atmosphere would quite simply destroy the earth, the faster a object goes the more energy it emits. at faster then sound speed you get a VERY LOUD "sonic boom" as that said object passes. now beyond these speeds Special & General Relativity comes into play. so the faster superman speeds up beyond the speed of sound while on earth the more energy is effecting the objects he passes. for example A marshmallow weighs about 10 grams, so the total energy output at "near light speed" is about 70.7 x 10 x ( 30,000,000,000)^2 = 6.4 x 10^23 ergs. which is equal in energy to a few dozen good-sized hydrogen bombs as it passes. Now superman is about 225 pounds so safe to say bye bye earth if he reaches these speeds in earths atmosphere.That is the main reason Superman has to be within a vaccum like space in order to accomplish full speed flight. Now in overall reaction speed Superman has proven to be on par with the Flashes, but having to exert more effort then a flash would to reach such reaction speeds again due to the speed force(which allows a almost endless amount of Stamina)
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThanosIsMad

From what I recall, the fastest he's been clocked at is 25 times faster than light.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEGRAAF

@ThanosIsMad:
    Where did you hear that from?

@Jodin20723:
    thanks for the lesson. That is actually really interesting.

Comicbookid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over the years different writers have given superman more and more abilities (hence why lots of people dislike him), Superman never even used to be able to fly (he could only jump a quarter of a mile).

I heard that he could go speed of sound and Flash made him look ridiculously slow.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Pre Flashpoint's top speed numbers at multiple times the speed of light I believe.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And New 52 Superman has traveled from Pluto to Earth in a matter of minutes so that definitely requires FTL travel speed.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Repolho_Facero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
    And New 52 Superman has traveled from Pluto to Earth in a matter of minutes so that definitely requires FTL travel speed.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Earth-Pluto (5.7 billion km of distance) in minutes is in the bases of the 17 billion km/h that Batman refers in the JLs (aprox.16xlightspeed). Maybe aprox. 20 billion km/h.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Earth-Pluto (5.7 billion km of distance) in minutes is in the bases of the 17 billion km/h that Batman refers in the JLs (aprox.16xlightspeed). Maybe aprox. 20 billion km/h.

Glad that you've confirmed it scientifically. Though I wish I'd gone and done that for myself now given how easy finding out speed is :P

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PowerWoman

I think that needs debunking about "FTL",superman is FTL,but only Pre-crisis superman is really FTL,Pre-52 superman isnt really FTL,but not only superman,mr majestic,or any marvel charater no one can really FTL,they are can FTL only each others velocity ability just bends space and time,that could be FTL,The thing is that warping space around something via creating gravity anomaly is the only scientifically plausible way to go faster than light speed (without things like Speedforce or magic).

Superman's ability to survive in black holes or going FTL has pretty much simple explanation- he manipulates gravity to warp space around himself.

That's the only way one can possibly move on FTL speed without excuses like Speed Force.

No Caption Provided

Runner,ss,superman,sentry,mr majestic,Gladiator,thor,Omni-Man(who 100x faster than light)

all these charater only through Warp Speed could be FTL,but that not really "FTL"

I'm a big of superman fans,but i think some things have been exaggerated

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Repolho_Facero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Repolho_Facero

@powerwoman: Of course Supes moves faster than light, my friend. I understand your questions and this is what I was trying to explain in a thread about Deathbattle and the victory of Superman. Its difficult to explain his powers. His mithology was not inspired in science fiction, his creation was based in pulp fiction and is impossible to understand him without a good dose of fantasy. Superman is one of those herculean characteres that needs to show everytime how his powers knows no bounds.If writers want, he will hold a black hole in his hand, or be 20 times the speed of light. And thats ok to us. All because he is Superman. Imagine trying to explain scientifically how he did every single thing he already did in his stories? Its impossible. And Im not talking about Silver Age Superman. How really fast can modern Superman be? Or strong? In certain bases? Its impossible to answer in fact. Now, imagine if we're trying to explain Flash speed limits? Is even worst... Like millions, billions, trillions times speed of light? Superman is in slow motion if comparated to him. Theres limits to Flash? I dont think there is. Thats also the problem with Superman.

@lvenger: Hehehe. Actually, knowing speed of light (one billion eighty millions km/h) makes easy. But as Batman says that Superman moves at least 17 billions Km/h, I just want to prove that Batman once more is right.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@repolho_facero: The scan say superman only bends space and time could be FTL,Comic books in most cases is beyond physics,but not all of times,move planets needs realistic physics to measure it is awesome,if Ignore Science,move planets or any feats would be can not be quantified,

Especially cartoonists have shown that they use science in comics,read my scan,as for superman held a black hole in his hands,Superman held a device that held a mini black hole. Atom discover a device containing a black hole the size of a dust particle. The device almost opens up but superman says that he stopped it before it could be released. Superman is strained from the small bit of gravity that got out before it was released.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/debunking-the-wank-comic-feat-fact-check-712866/

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know, but it's stupid.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@repolho_facero: I agree superman can FTL,Sentry,SS, Runner,or Mr majestic,Omni-man can FTL ,too,but that not really FTL,it's Warp Speed

Repolho_Facero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: I admire your opinion. The application of physics in many ways could indeed make some heroes even more interesting. And I would apreciate because I also like Science Fiction and Cosmology. But of course, it makes even more difficult to build the character.

Thats why I will disagre with its exacly use in Superman Mithology (of course that a writer can use as a far reference, but not as fundament to their powers). Because concepts related to theoretical physics are not that simple. Warp Speed or Warp Drive, for example. It is a science fiction concept yet, because is just a theory. A theory that has many critics in theoretical physics univers. Moreover, its use in science fiction series and movies is constantly criticized even by the very physicist that defend it, because doesnt make sense in real science.

Now, imagin to apply this in Supermans nigh unlimited wacky powers?

Let me give u an example. If Superman can bends space and time, then how he does that? He increases his mass exponentially and therefore increases gravity? If he does that, why he doesnt destroy our solar system when he moves superultrafast? And even more, why he doesnt also increases his size? Or he makes it with his mind? If he does it with his mind, he will never need to fight using his fists again. Because who can bends space and time with the mind can destroy everything and everyone, with the exception of all that abstratc, cosmic, crazy characters that transcends our space and time.

You said that "cartoonists have shown that they use science in comics". I respectfully disagree. If they used science indeed, there will be no Ironman, Hulk, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Wolverine and every single character that comes from a freaky acident or shows a weird scientific explanation to the powers that doesnt make any sense in science. Spiderman and Hulk powers come from radiation? And how Hulk increases his mass? What Iron Man have in that suit that protects his body inside? How does Logan regenerate a entire member? For starting, because their explanations requires more than just this questions.

You see? Theres no science here, my friend. Pseudoscience yes.

And about this scan, lets try to no be so attached to scans, ok? Like movies or series, comicbooks have good writting and bad writting. This scan just shows me that the writer made this caracter has a believe that superman's "moving faster than light power" maybe could be because he can bens space and time. He doesnt says that Superman bends space and time. Imagine with me now, another power for Superman? Now, Superman bends space and time? As if he needs another power... Why dont we give to Spiderman that kind of power? Or Luke Cage? They need more than Superman I'm certain...

I tried to answer, sorry my english, Im brazilian, if I didnt successfully explain my opinion, my bad.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By cameron83

@powerwoman said:

@repolho_facero: The scan say superman only bends space and time could be FTL,Comic books in most cases is beyond physics,but not all of times,move planets needs realistic physics to measure it is awesome,if Ignore Science,move planets or any feats would be can not be quantified,

Especially cartoonists have shown that they use science in comics,read my scan,as for superman held a black hole in his hands,Superman held a device that held a mini black hole. Atom discover a device containing a black hole the size of a dust particle. The device almost opens up but superman says that he stopped it before it could be released. Superman is strained from the small bit of gravity that got out before it was released.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/debunking-the-wank-comic-feat-fact-check-712866/

Where did Superman say that?

Is it in any scan above?

I mean,I think that many times before he's been said/believed to move FTL. I don't think that it's an exaggeration. I don't know about Majestic,and I believe the same thing with marvel characters that are FTL. I don't think that it's an exaggeration,I think that's truly how fast they are. I don't really know enough about Thor to say so.

But still....I think that Marvel characters (that are said to,obviously),Superman,DC characters (said to do so),etc are capable of FTL speed.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@repolho_facero: Thanks,far enough

Superman can explanation- he manipulates gravity to warp space around himself.That could be bends time and space,.It's not needs terrible tremendous energy,though,then go to FTL,That's the only way one can possibly move on FTL speed without excuses like Speed Force

By the way,According to the theory of relativity,you want to bends time and space, speed has nothing to do, but the HUGE quality could be to do it

@powerwoman said:

Is it in any scan above?

I mean,I think that many times before he's been said/believed to move FTL. I don't think that it's an exaggeration. I don't know about Majestic,and I believe the same thing with marvel characters that are FTL. I don't think that it's an exaggeration,I think that's truly how fast they are. I don't really know enough about Thor to say so.

But still....I think that Marvel characters (that are said to,obviously),Superman,DC characters (said to do so),etc are capable of FTL speed.

. If we've got a choice between "completely stupid" and "somewhat stupid," why would we deliberately choose the stupider explanation?Scan said superman was bends time and space,This can explain why he can superluminal,It is warp speed,then other beings like sentry(bends time and space)Runner(bends time and space) etc.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@repolho_facero: Thanks,far enough

Superman can explanation- he manipulates gravity to warp space around himself.That could be bends time and space,.It's not needs terrible tremendous energy,though,then go to FTL,That's the only way one can possibly move on FTL speed without excuses like Speed Force

By the way,According to the theory of relativity,you want to bends time and space, speed has nothing to do, but the HUGE quality could be to do it

@cameron83 said:

@powerwoman said:

Is it in any scan above?

. If we've got a choice between "completely stupid" and "somewhat stupid," why would we deliberately choose the stupider explanation?Scan said superman was bends time and space,This can explain why he can superluminal,It is warp speed,then other beings like sentry(bends time and space)Runner(bends time and space) etc.

Well isn't "stupid" kinda subjective and dependent on context also.

I mean,again,if this was someone like Batman moving at FTL speed,I can understand....but for people like Superman....it's part of their powers.

Not only that,but imo warping time and space is kinda silly for Superman....just me,though.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PowerWoman

@cameron83: Superman himself isnt said he was bends time and space,but

No Caption Provided

Or it's writter silly,or

It remains a more reasonable explanation

Superman can superluminal is because warp speed

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Superman himself isnt said he was bends time and space,but

No Caption Provided

Or it's writter silly,or

It remains a more reasonable explanation

Superman can superluminal is because warp speed

The picture is broken

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Superman said,he not faster than light

Have you ever watched Star Trek?through bends time and space(manipulates gravity to warp them)It is a scientific superluminal,Does not violate relativity,This is more reasonable than,somehow go to superluminal,Here's the scan also said that Superman's ability to bend time and space

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: But of course,Pre-crisis superman,and Pre-crisis shazam,could be FTL without warp speed or Hyperspace,Silver age superman contempt for all physics,This is no doubt

Avatar image for wishiwassuperman
    WIshIWasSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman: The only issue with that scan is that it's a theory by a single character - not actually showing that this is how it's done. That doesn't make a canon argument/explanation for anything. Secondly, it's from a now non-canon story anyway. New 52 Superman (current canon) traveled from approximately Pluto to Earth in what has been claimed was about 8 seconds. It doesn't say HOW he did it, but we know he did. Ergo he can move at that speed.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Yeah,but you cant move FTL, at least this explanation is more reasonable than,somehow go to superluminal,bends time and space it's warp speed,Pre-52 superman not Pre-crisis superman,Who as powerful as based on your imagination,he was no limite,but Pre-52 superman is not,New 52 superman it's too

we dont know why New 52 superman go to FTL,This requires proof later,But for me,bends time and space,manipulates gravity to warp them then go to FTL Is quite reasonable and scientific more than somehow go to FTL

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: Yeah,but you cant move FTL, at least this explanation is more reasonable than,somehow go to superluminal,bends time and space it's warp speed,Pre-52 superman not Pre-crisis superman,Who as powerful as based on your imagination,he was no limite,but Pre-52 superman is not,New 52 superman it's too

we dont know why New 52 superman go to FTL,This requires proof later,But for me,bends time and space,manipulates gravity to warp them then go to FTL Is quite reasonable and scientific more than somehow go to FTL

.....so manipulating gravity and bending time is more reasonable than travelling at FTL speeds?

-_____-

Neither is more scientific. I mean,maybe for you,but I guess that would mean that what one considers "reasonable" is subjective.

Bringing science into Superman is...........kinda silly.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wishiwassuperman: And superman himself said he isnt FTL,Even here there is already a theory about Superman how to fly,his velocity ability can bends time and space

So....Only one possible Superman can go to FTL, warp speed

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Watch Superman 1,Supes have power to change the alternative time.Superman's speed is almost equal with Flash's speed force because botch can break the timelines.

StudentOfJorEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was one time Superman got flowers for Lois and he said he got them from Alpha Centauri as Superman arrived at her house in seconds. Alpha Centauri is 4.367 light years away from Earth.

If Superman traveled 8.734 light years, then he traveled 513,428,174,000,000 miles (513.4 trillion miles). If we divide that number by 20 (the time it took him to get there and back) then he was traveling at a speed of 25,671,409,000,000 miles per second (25.6 trillion miles per second). That's 92,417,072,400,000,000 miles per hour (92.4 quadrillion miles per hour).

And that's 137,809,097 times the speed of light

Well, it may be alot lower but it should have taken some minutes but that's one FTL for post crisis superman.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerwoman said:

.....so manipulating gravity and bending time is more reasonable than travelling at FTL speeds?

-_____-

Neither is more scientific. I mean,maybe for you,but I guess that would mean that what one considers "reasonable" is subjective.

Bringing science into Superman is...........kinda silly.

He he...

ShadowHuntR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hulksmash134

He once flew from the edge of the universe at 134 billion times the speed of light, I believe his tops speed is somewhere around here, but he can't beat people like flash, who went so fast that the speed he was going at wan't even a speed any more, he went faster than teleportation, trans time velocity. Green Lantern went at 40 trillion times the speed of light. Superman isn't that fast tbh

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulksmash134: The fastest speed he's shown is faster than infinite speed, which makes no sense but it happened in SA. New 52's feat going from the end of the universe to Earth in 60 days is low-balled at over 280,000,000,000x FTL IIRC. Post Crisis has one that's been put around 22,000,000,000x FTL. There's a number of these.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couple hundred times ftl

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: No, Superman cannot go faster than infinite speed, obviously. If he did, then he would be everywhere at once, the only person that can do that is the flash. Also Superman was nearly home when after 60 days from travelling from the edge of the universe, he was travelling at 134,000,000,000 x the speed of light, green lantern went 40 trillion x the speed of light, way way way faster than supes. Flash managed to go the end of the universe and back in under a plank time, which is the time it takes for light to travel a plank length which is 1.6 x 10-35 m or 10-20 times the size of a proton. This is the shortest distance possible, and light can do that in plank time, the smallest measurement of time that has any meaning, and is equal to 10-43 seconds. This is the time it takes for teleportation, Flash beat teleportation and went past trans time velocity, he travelled to the end of the universe and back under a plank time, he beat instantaneuos teleportation. He went at at least 23 tretacillion times the speed of light (or 23,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) this means that he could be anywhere or everywhere, at anytime or everytime, he could be in all the spacetime continuums at once. Watch this video, it should help you understand how fast the flash really is and that speed is his game, not anyone else's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4O-5eV4LiA

Avatar image for mercinwithamouth
    MercinWithAMouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MercinWithAMouth

@hulksmash134: Did you even read what I said? In the Silver Age he did just that. I said that it didn't make sense but he still surpassed infinite speed, whether your like it or not. I never disputed Green Lantern's speed either. I told you that the New 52 feat with him going from the end of the universe to Earth in 60 days is low-balled (observable universe) at over 280,000,000,000x FTL. I don't need to watch a video to understand Flash's speed. I'm aware of his feats. Wasn't he amped when he beat the instantaneous teleportation? Pretty sure he had everyone on Earth, including superheroes run so he could feed use their speed. For fuck sake. lmao

hulksmash134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercinwithamouth: That was just an exaggeration, and its not 280 billion x FTL, ur wrong, 134 bill x ftl, it said he was nearly home, and it was from the edge of the edge of the universe to earth, not from the edge of the universe to the other end of the universe, he only travelled 45 trillion light years. He did have everyone else's speed, but that's is one of his abilities, he can steal people's speed, if flash went all out on superman he easily come out on top, he could just steal all his speed and leave superman unable to move. Going faster than infinity was an exaggeration

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.