Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman's Powers List

• 57 results
    Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sanohibiki:

No problem. I'm for the most part reading Marvel, DC I'm mostly keeping a eye open, so I can gather evidence of Rebirth quality. Which so far as been lacking.

I know that Lana seems to be in the same position as Superman was when he got energy based powers in the pre-New52 timeline. But she doesn't actually turns into a being made of energy nor is her suit a containment suit, like Superman was. Also in those few panels she showed her powers, she put pre-New52 energy Superman to shame.

The way she handles her powers, she's being logical about them, and unlike Lois she's working on uncharted territory.

Here's some proof that Lana case isn't exactly like what we've seen in the past with Superman...

No Caption Provided

Speaking of New52 Lois, here's what happened to her...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So here's Johns brilliant vision coming to light. He wants to destroy every evidence of the New52 that we got the main character dying in the first issue of her own comic book.

If pre-Flashpoint Lois simply takes her place in the Daily Planet, that's gonna be one of the greatest BS moves I've seen in quite a while. And I've seen some really messed up moves.

Rebirth showing I was right about it even before it started. A mess, one giant mess.

They even went and changed back Amanda Waller to her overweight pre-Flashpoint version. Which for someone that's supposed to be this black ops female character, that bosses around presidents like they are nothing, it's actually ridiculous. DC clearly doesn't have an idea of the standards in not only the US military forces but in other countries as well.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki:

No problem. I'm for the most part reading Marvel, DC I'm mostly keeping a eye open, so I can gather evidence of Rebirth quality. Which so far as been lacking.

I moved into Dark Horse comics, but still cannot leave Superfamily permanently. Too much of inertia, I guess, plus I’m anxiously waiting for September (or was waiting, at least) - when it will be revealed who is human Clark Kent. For a while I thought that they gonna spit on New-52 Superman’s grave again – by making him powerless amnesiac and denouncing his heroic nature, maybe even making him human love interest for SuperLois. With that ending though… Perhaps it’s just Oz’ plot to help reestablish Pre-flashpoint Superman’s secret identity. At this point, I simply hope that they will let New-52 Clark rest in peace.

P.S. What Marvel comics are you reading?

I know that Lana seems to be in the same position as Superman was when he got energy based powers in the pre-New52 timeline. But she doesn't actually turns into a being made of energy nor is her suit a containment suit, like Superman was. Also in those few panels she showed her powers, she put pre-New52 energy Superman to shame.

The way she handles her powers, she's being logical about them, and unlike Lois she's working on uncharted territory.

Here's some proof that Lana case isn't exactly like what we've seen in the past with Superman...

No Caption Provided

Speaking of New52 Lois, here's what happened to her...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So here's Johns brilliant vision coming to light. He wants to destroy every evidence of the New52 that we got the main character dying in the first issue of her own comic book.

If pre-Flashpoint Lois simply takes her place in the Daily Planet, that's gonna be one of the greatest BS moves I've seen in quite a while. And I've seen some really messed up moves.

Seriously, Johns… When months ago they teased “Lois’ new powers are killing her”, I thought that this is A) cheap attention grabbing or B) DC didn’t have guts to kill both New-52 Superman and Lois in the same time and Superwoman book might be miniseries, her own version of Death of Superman. But after single issue…

With Rebirth Johns actually managed to top Frank Miller on my “Sh…t list of authors” and don’t even get me started on “Manhattan messed ten years of timeline” explanation. That actually even worse than “Superboy-Prime punched reality and – well, that’s all. If you don’t like – deal with it.”

Rebirth showing I was right about it even before it started. A mess, one giant mess.

They even went and changed back Amanda Waller to her overweight pre-Flashpoint version. Which for someone that's supposed to be this black ops female character, that bosses around presidents like they are nothing, it's actually ridiculous. DC clearly doesn't have an idea of the standards in not only the US military forces but in other countries as well.

Didn’t know about Amanda. However, after Krypto apparently changing his breed overnight I’m no longer surprised.

Oh well. If Superwoman book is about Lana, I might actually pick it up. By now she is only one of current mess of continuity’s character I even remotely interested in. H…ck, I even tried this New Super-Man – boy, that was mistake. Never again.

P.S. Thanks for replying.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki:

In Marvel I've been reading of course Civil War 2, which envelops many titles.

But even before that I was reading:

-All X-Men titles

-Ultimates

-Amazing Spider-Man

-2099 Spider-Man

-Uncanny Inhumans

-Star Wars (seeing I disliked the 7th movie, I've been reading on the potential that existed to have come up with a much better movie than basically one that was kinda a tribute/rip-off of the original trilogy)

From DC the only thing I found worth reading so far is:

- Green Laterns (Simon and Jessica adventures seem to be apart from all the Rebirth mess, so I'm liking it so far)

-Bloodlines (I've really liked this title, it even doesn't seem it's from DC)

From Image I've been reading mainly 'Faster Than Light'

From Dark Horse I've following up on everything related with the Aliens and Predators universe. Which again as got me hooked. And some other titles on and off.

And also Manga. In here I've catched up or am following:

-Terra Formars

-Tokyo Ghoul

-Bleach (that ends this week, maybe)

And that's about it. In the past I also read titles from Aspen but it's been quite some time since they relased anything worth reading.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon:

That’s quite the list. Pretty sure that I couldn’t have even find enough time to follow all those franchises :-)

Would like to read one day your ideas on how SW Episode 7 could have been. Also disliked Force Awakens, and not simply because of rejection of Extended Universe by Disney. Everything just went full circle, and in the end Luke-Leah-Han generation achieved … well, nothing. Add hyper-capable Rey and hissy-fit-throwing Kylo, and well, you get my drift.

HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki:

That's the thing with Marvel right now. They're kinda retelling the story of the original trilogy and everything in between. Which in a way leaves anyone that's been reading it (or like me that also followed the EU now called Legends) thinking "How did it went from This, to That in the movie"

Anyone that read the books of the original trilogy, knows that not only Luke had great potential in him, but all hopes that the Jedi Order would be resurrected, laid in his arms. And in Force Awakens, we got... Well. Basically the same story of episode 4 to 6, mashed up into one. And worst of all, Luke completely failed. How someone as weak physicallyand mentally like Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren, was able to reduce the supposed new Jedi Order to nothing. And Luke basically gave up and exiled himself.

The entire movie could've been saved in that moment when Han was impaled by Kylo lightsaber, if Luke had showed up, when Han was about to fall we'd see him float in mid air, and flying toward a hooded figure, that healed Han and then immediately went to reveal himself as being Luke.

After that we could've gotten kinda like a Darth Vader Obi-Wan moment, where old master and apprentice would face off. We'd see Luke apparently killing Kylo and leaving him for dead. On the return to the rebel base, we could see the reunion of the three main characters of the original trilogy, and then Luke would offer to take Rey to where he had been all those years.

We'd see them leaving. And upon arriving on the planet, the ship would go to a immense temple. And Rey would see Luke being greeted as being the temple Grand Master. And we'd see that Luke didn't exiled himself to do basically nothing, but rather far away from the Republic and Remnants of the Empire, so not to happen what happened to Ben. We'd see hundreds of Jedi and that Luke had prevailed and achieved the goal of rebuilding the Jedi Order. But that he had built a Order with no ties to anyone except to itself.

This alone would've saved the movie. The original cast could even not be used anymore and still the new characters would have the ground work to built a new timeline able to rival, Legends. But the way they went about it, not only did the movie ruined its best character, Rey, but for all intended purposes it was a tribute, that didn't really layed the ground work for anything at all. Honestly once the hype dissipates people will start seeing Force Awakens for what it really was... Not a worthy sequel.

I many times gather comics and read them when I have the time and will to read them. Marvel I've been trying to keep up the pace and read it as it's released. The other comic/manga publishers, I've been basically pilling up the chapters. Reading them when I can.

And Marvel unlike DC has been on the top of it's game. I read this week the first issue of Fallen. That follows the events of Bruce Banner death and I got to say, it actually messed with my emotions. Seeing most of the world hating on Banner even at his funeral, the few real friends he really had appeared, and then the reading of his will. It all came together to form an incredible story. The reading of the will was really intense. And we got to see the awesome person that Banner was and how much he cared. He even revealed he had created years ago a company that holds most of his patents, and that it has given hundreds of millions of dollars to help victims of Hulk rampages. It was kinda like the slap in the face to all haters that were dissing Banner at his funeral. That he had unknowingly to general public, helped hundred of thousand of people.

And that's what I want to read. I want real moral dilemas. And not a "who's who" stories. Or stories that trash directly on other people work. More recently I also read the first issue of Supergirl Rebirth and I was beyond words, of how poor it felt. The mess it felt like. Oh! And funny enough, out of nowhere plans for a kryptonian regeneration matrix appeared. Which is incredible seeing that New52 Superman fortress, was supposed to be the greatest repository of kryptonian knowledge, and they had no info about it. But for convenience sake now te regeneration matrix was available. Also we got to see Kara new ship being powered by a Phantom Drive, sounds familiar? And the best part, a kryptonian werewolf. Yes I'm not messing with you, a kryptonian werewolf or similar enough. Apparently when Zor-El saved Argo City, some of the subsoil started to become red kryptonite, and one kryptonian in particular that was condemned to the Phantom Zone, used the energy of the Phantom Drive to exit the Phantom Zone. But because it was night and it was full moon he turns into a beast form, which Kara as to face until sun rises, and he turns back to his normal self.

Yes. This is how far DC has fallen.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon:

How someone as weak physicallyand mentally like Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren, was able to reduce the supposed new Jedi Order to nothing.

I hoped that that was answered by now in some prequel comics/books.

And Luke basically gave up and exiled himself.

Oh God, this is … the sorest point for me in entire TFA. Luke is my favorite, but here he simply got kenobed in the worst sense of it (you even may add “loser” tag). Maybe there will be some better explanation, but so far, he is looking really bad.

We'd see them leaving. And upon arriving on the planet, the ship would go to a immense temple. And Rey would see Luke being greeted as being the temple Grand Master. And we'd see that Luke didn't exiled himself to do basically nothing, but rather far away from the Republic and Remnants of the Empire, so not to happen what happened to Ben. We'd see hundreds of Jedi and that Luke had prevailed and achieved the goal of rebuilding the Jedi Order. But that he had built a Order with no ties to anyone except to itself.

Believe or not, I actually had similar idea.

Ok, Kylo destroyed Luke’s first attempt to rebuilt Jedi Order. I do not believe, I cannot believe that Kylo could have done that singlehandedly. Perhaps he had help from Snoke – reinforcements such as Imperial troops, task forces, etc. Therefore, Luke, seeing the danger of First Order, decided to make attempt number 2, but now in total secrecy. No contacts with Republic, Resistance – spies can be everywhere. And here our ideas are diverging. “Immense temple” and “hundreds of Jedi” – I can’t imagine Luke doing that all on his own, especially in limited timeframe. Even several padawans will require all his time and attention imo, and I not even talking about finances, resources, buildings, maintenance, food, scouting for new recruits, etc. So in my vision new Jedi Order still in proto-form – perhaps several Luke’s former pupils, who, in turn, have (or just starting to look for) their own padawans by now.

P.S. Thank you for taking your time and writing this all. I agree, that could have been much better movie.

out of nowhere plans for a kryptonian regeneration matrix appeared. Which is incredible seeing that New52 Superman fortress, was supposed to be the greatest repository of kryptonian knowledge, and they had no info about it. But for convenience sake now te regeneration matrix was available. Also we got to see Kara new ship being powered by a Phantom Drive, sounds familiar?

(Silently clenching my fists)

And the best part, a kryptonian werewolf. Yes I'm not messing with you, a kryptonian werewolf or similar enough. Apparently when Zor-El saved Argo City, some of the subsoil started to become red kryptonite,

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Wait, they went with that abominable for me Silver Age’ “Red Kryptonite causes random mutations”-trope (I still shudder from simply remembering Superman with ant head). Or an actual werewolf?.. Either way, WTH, DC?

No Caption Provided

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By segamarvel

@heavenlydarkdragon: Hi again. Since your the superman expert I felt the need to ask you this question. In the following scans based on the flashpoint universe Superman faces a villain known as "subject zero" who has the power to absorb all types of energy. But here's what confuses me about the art work describing their final battle. Is Zero absorbing energy from Kal or is it the other way around? I also remembered two separate stories that made me think. one was "up up ad away" where electronics stopped working whenever Clark was around and the other was DKR where He somehow gained energy from sunflowers. It made me think "gosh how neat would it be for a writer to use the idea of Superman's energy absorbing powers going out of control to the point where he's more alone then before...much like Rogue from the X-Men. Never being able to touch anyone for fear of hurting them. That is at least he regains control or something like that. Just an idea". Somehow Clark stopped his own body from absorbing solar energy....which begs the question just how much of his power is tied to his mind? And if you can fit thousands of earths in one sun then shouldn't it be enough to fry the earth into nothing a million times over if you were to put the earth in it?

TuxedoGreymon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thess2greenlanturnarmy:

Golden age, just after Crisis, and new 52 id agree with your comparison. But since then he's risen to much larger levels. There's also the problem that his power levels are constantly under flux from writer to writer. But as he is now, I'd say he has roughly Buu levels of strength and durability, so he's at least on Small Galaxy level in terms of Strength, Speed, Durability, that stuff. Energy projection is still around large planet or solar system though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.