Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman/Wonder Woman #18 -- How does Superman's New Status Quo Affect Their Relationship?

• 121 results
    SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@squalleon: first of all I disagree with the both of you. And my statement has nothing to do with her statement on the subject, I have a history with Archi/Foam

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@squalleon: first of all I disagree with the both of you. And my statement has nothing to do with her statement on the subject, I have a history with Archi/Foam

If Diana wasn't in this issue the issue would be exactly the same >->

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

I think every time you talk, a child in the world cries.

Did I insult you chico? then away with the insults

Various times Archi

@superguy1591 said:

Justice League 41. She says she still has feelings for Steve.

Geoff Jonhs has been our saving grace, god bless him. The time has come to break them up then. It doesn't work, too much "my time to shine then your time to shine", they don't shine together. No ones shines in the company of Superman

So basically a book where they carry the potato sack across the finish line together every time.... that be a boring and dumb book. It's never gonna be 50/50 every arc. Sometimes other characters are gonna shine more than others. Diana has had her moments and the last arc she was the hero. In this arc she's gonna carry him.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

If Diana wasn't in the issue. Clark would most likely die and he wouldn't get to them in time.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
    @saintwildcard said:

If Diana wasn't in the issue. Clark would most likely die and he wouldn't get to them in time.

That was lame. You know I am right in this.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By SaintWildcard

@saintwildcard said:
    @squalleon said:
    @saintwildcard said:

Like wise, your joke was lame. ANd you're underplaying Diana's role in this arc

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @squalleon said:

Her role was Superman's ride and that's it. As for "protecting" Clark. That's just one scene that could just as well change.

There is nothing in this story that can be said with Diana only.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By SaintWildcard

@squalleon said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @squalleon said:
    @saintwildcard said:
    @squalleon said:

Her role was Superman's ride and that's it. As for "protecting" Clark. That's just one scene that could just as well change.

There is nothing in this story that can be said with Diana only.

Her role is to help him in his weakest moments just like he has with her.This arc will be from her perspective on this whole Truth thing.

As for the saving, I guess you're right, next issue we'll probably see Superman have kicked all their asses single handedly

That's the face of a man who kicked a ton of ass
    That's the face of a man who kicked a ton of ass

Everything in the beginning was said by her and they were investigating Smallville, so no duh it feels that way too you.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her role is to help him in his weakest moments just like he has with her.This arc will be from her perspective on this whole Truth thing.

Everything in the beginning was said by her and they were investigating Smallville, so no duh it feels that way too you.

The title is called Sm/Ww. Not Superman. Her role is suppose to be equal.

You mean the one page that had no impact on the story or provided anything new?

mantequilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 193

User Lists: 0

Can someone tell me if WW has already told Clark that she loves him? Im saying because I read from issue 1 to doomed and remember Clark complaining that he always said he loves her but she never told him or didnt want, and I was surprised when the roles reversed in the preview

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The title is called Sm/Ww. Not Superman. Her role is suppose to be equal.

You mean the one page that had no impact on the story or provided anything new?

A team book can never truly be equal all the time and in every aspect, that would make it boring. WHile it may be a Superman story, She's gonna be the one kicking the most ass.

I mean mean the one page the sets her important role in this arc as helping/protector of Superman.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone tell me if WW has already told Clark that she loves him? Im saying because I read from issue 1 to doomed and remember Clark complaining that he always said he loves her but she never told him or didnt want, and I was surprised when the roles reversed in the preview

Issue 12
    Issue 12

This is the supposed first time she's said it. IN reality she said it in an issue by Lobdell but I guess SOule chose (or maybe no one remembered, it was a pretty quick moment) to ignore that for the purpose of his story, which I'm fine with.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A team book can never truly be equal all the time and in every aspect, that would make it boring. WHile it may be a Superman story, She's gonna be the one kicking the most ass.

I mean mean the one page the sets her important role in this arc as helping/protector of Superman.

Doomed and now Truth. WW gets the mean end all the time.

Ahh! Now I get it, the role that could be filled by anyone and makes Wonder Woman a non-important sidekick and exchangeable character in her own comic.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saintwildcard said:

Doomed and now Truth. WW gets the mean end all the time.

Ahh! Now I get it, the role that could be filled by anyone and makes Wonder Woman a non-important sidekick and exchangeable character in her own comic.

SHe was the badass main hero in the last arc. And one of the complaints I hear is that Wonder Woman is always getting saved, well not this time.

Any character can be Superman's girlfriend/kick ass? Is Flash or Hal willing to wear a dress? Say it with all the sarcasm you like, what makes it important is seeing how the most powerful woman who is his girlfriend deals with it and how she views the situation. That is something that no sidekick offers.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#116  Edited By Archizooom

@squalleon: They involved SM/WW in Doomed, withdrew Superman's eponymous book from his own event, removed Batman/Superman too and in the end they didn't even do us the courtesy of showing Wonder Woman's fight with Mongul, happened off-panel. Immediately afterwards we got a Wonder Woman story and sales dived.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was without a doubt maybe one the best pairing up of SM/WW so far.

There was this intimicy to them that was really refreashing. And it was great to see Diana actually admit her feelings for Kal/Clark. Even if it was just her thoughts.

One thing that bothers me, is to see Kal power levels change with each comic that revolves around "Truth". This Superman that we see in this comic is not the one we see in BM/SM. In BM/SM Kal had to run away from the villains. And even something has using a lightpole to have his motorcycle do a 180° almost dislocates his shoulder.

And in this comic he was more golden age, power level. DC could have least done the Truth arc chronically right. Instead of giving us, this guess work to try to understand in which time frame each comic belongs to.

Has for the Suicide Squad, Superman is gonna have to bring his brains into the set or he's gonna get captured or killed. After all WW can't handle them all, so Supes is gonna have to use the gray matter if he intends to stay in one piece.

It would be awesome to see him use fighting techniques that either Bruce or Diana taught him.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde: or maybe it dropped cuz if wasn't an event? Do you even comics brah?

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: They involved SM/WW in Doomed, withdrew Superman's eponymous book from his own event, removed Batman/Superman too and in the end they didn't even do us the courtesy of showing Wonder Woman's fight with Mongul, happened off-panel. Immediately afterwards we got a Wonder Woman story and sales dived.

Go gripe at Pak for that. And seriously you making yourself just look a fool. A childish fool derailing a really good article and stopping people from trying to discuss the actual book by bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with the issue. Can someone, a mod, just stop this poster? PLEASE!

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brunnhilde said:

Go gripe at Pak for that. And seriously you making yourself just look a fool. A childish fool derailing a really good article and stopping people from trying to discuss the actual book by bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with the issue. Can someone, a mod, just stop this poster? PLEASE!

Τhat particular post is a reply to a conversation I started so....chill. Not reason for hostilities.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just picked this up, decent enough issue

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Mightus

It was a good read. Things are now getting set up and its looking more like a team up arc. Art has gotten a major upgrade.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

That was a wonderful and super, sexy scene.

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@azza04: I thought the same thing when I first saw the look. Superboy wore the look better.

ManSinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There admittedly have been a few of us wondering where and if the sneak peak in Divergence will reflect in SM/WW - however the caption at the end of the sneak peak said "To be concluded in SM/WW 18" - so I for one, wondered if that is the aftermath of that aborted power recovery attempt - and yes - the words could be because Clark now considers himself a liability for Diana with all her other responsibilities. But the SM/WW shippers have hope that the relationship will endure for a very practical reason that someone mentioned at the start of this thread - sales are good - and ultimately that is what counts for a company.

itheone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is the Reverse Flash at the back of the group in that scan when he's the most powerful person there?

It is Blackhand, not RF.

YoungDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks like someone is a Hot Fuzz fan two of the graves say Simon Skinner and Aaron A. Aaronson.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.