Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18943 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman hasn't had a animated series in YEARS WTF

DRUDOX19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DRUDOX19

This on boggles my mind I mean WTH , Superman hasn't had a solo animated series since the 90's ( I do not count the JLA Cartoons). What happened cause Batman has a ton of animated series attempts after his famous animated series. Didn't the Superman one almost win a Emmy I don't get it.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I can understand difficulties with creating good Superman’s game (which doesn’t meant that I like it), I’m quite baffled because of lack of new Supes’ animated series.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Hopefully there will be one in the future, especially with Beware the Batman's recent cancellation.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

While I can understand difficulties with creating good Superman’s game (which doesn’t meant that I like it), I’m quite baffled because of lack of new Supes’ animated series.

Agreed, it really doesn't make sense and they should have had one in the works for when the Man of Steel came out

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

@sanohibiki said:

Agreed, it really doesn't make sense and they should have had one in the works for when the Man of Steel came out

"Because Superman isn't cool enough anymore." would be DC's response.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sanohibiki said:

But they made a film Smallville, it only seems logical that a cartoon would have been next

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sanohibiki said:

But they made a film Smallville, it only seems logical that a cartoon would have been next

I don't quite understand this?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sanohibiki said:

should have said made a film and Smallville

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sanohibiki said:

should have said made a film and Smallville

The film was MOS, Smallville had ended long before his anniversary so that still confuses me (sorry mate), but I totally agree an animated show should have been in the works in addition to the failure that is Superman Unchained to capitalize on everything Superman.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Sorry, what I was saying is they have made films (like Man of Steel) and tv shows (like Smallville) both popular and recent so that shows that Superman is still a popular character

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a new JL cartoon >:|

shonen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want an animated series based off superboy prime.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Sorry, what I was saying is they have made films (like Man of Steel) and tv shows (like Smallville) both popular and recent so that shows that Superman is still a popular character

Ah okay now I get you! I totally agree a Superman series would be successful and that Superman most definitely still is a popular character - hell he's the WORLDS most popular character along with Batman - but business wise, I don't think popularity would bring in viewers for a Superman animated show. Casual fans of Superman would go and see his movie but they wouldn't sit down to see an animated show on Cartoon Network.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I want Superman animated series & Young Justice continued and the 2 of them in the same universe and then I want then to put in supergirl & powergirl.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never really noticed that. I do wish they came out with another animated series for him. Base it off the new 52 version.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman got 10 seasons of a teen soap opera, an animated series should be easy. And people will watch it.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By stephens2177

They need to do a superman animated show that takes place right after the end of season two of Young Justice,so we can get superman,both his parents,Conner being a part of that family(and grow into TTK),have Kara,Steel,and others show up.

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An animated series based in the New 52, or Smallville Season 11 being adapted into an animated series would be pretty cool... To be honest, I'll be happy with any animated series with Supes as a regular at this point.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I definitely would like to see another animated Superman show. I'm shocked that they haven't done one since the 90s.

The V0id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is just a figurehead for DC. Batman is the real cashcow, so they'll keep going in that direction.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is tHe rule of DC: If it isn't Batman related it isn't important.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he DID have smallville for many years...

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By SaintWildcard

@jonny_anonymous said:

@sanohibiki said:

I'd rather see a story about a guy who can fly, shoot lasers out of his eyes and have fist fights that could level mountains, than a story about a dude who hides in the dark and throws a boomerang correctly, Im sure kids would too.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least he's had one. I'm still waiting on Wonder Woman the animated series.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

-ABstract4$$#073-

You think? I think Superman gets an extra special treatment too.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

-ABstract4$$#073-

So Smallville was about Batman?

ClarkKent12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

-ABstract4$$#073-

So Smallville was about Batman?

Actually yes, it was originally supposed to be a series detailing Bruce Wayne's life before he became Batman (a la Fox's new series Gotham)... It was later redesigned as a Superman show.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, if I had to choose between last 4 or 5 seasons of Smallville and Superman’s animated series, I would have chosen the latest

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom: YeaH Supes gets some attention too. I mean He is considered tHe first SuperHero but... c'mon if it ain't Batman tHat it isn't as important.

June'sVeryOwn

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Yeah. Never noticed that.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By M3th

@black_arrow: You're really going to bring up Smallville like if tHey didn't bring Green Arrow in tHe sHow to act like Batman. Not to mention, tHat tHe current Arrow sHow is like Batman as an arcHer.

Are we really suppose to act like Batman isnt tHe priority for DC and Superman is tHe one getting 2nd place treatment?

EDIT: I mean because Superman came out on tHe sequel to Batman Begins... rigHt?

June'sVeryOwn

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4
    deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if they use a darker superman and not the boyscout kind i think that they could pull off a fantastic cartoon but it would have to be smilar animation to that of young justice which is probably the best dc animated series in tearms of how everything was drawn

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Johnni_Kun

Hopefully there will be one in the future, especially with Beware the Batman's recent cancellation.

I'm pretty sure it's on hiatus. But that could be Cartoon network talk for cancelled. In all honestly, if a Batman cartoon failed, what are the chances that any other hero would be successful? I'm not saying that Superman couldn't get a series. But with WB's partnership with Cartoon network, I doubt it would last.

I just want the YJ continuity to continue. I could careless of who it's would be about.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

DC and WB should be pulling out all the stops to create a new and endearing Superman series. Instead they're resting on Batman's laurels and not diversifying their DC cartoons. And that's a massive shame given what kind of potential a Superman show has to offer.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@lvenger said:

DC and WB should be pulling out all the stops to create a new and endearing Superman series. Instead they're resting on Batman's laurels and not diversifying their DC cartoons. And that's a massive shame given what kind of potential a Superman show has to offer.

Well Superman isn't really diverse though... he and Bats are the only ones that get multiple cartoons (based on their franchises). Diverse would be if DC made a Flash or Wonder Woman cartoon. Batman AND Superman have monopolized the DC market. Having one or two cartoons less than Bats doesn't mean much. Superman had Krypto the Superdog, Legion of Super-heroes(who was clearly the protagonist).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Well Superman isn't really diverse though... he and Bats are the only ones that get multiple cartoons (based on their franchises). Diverse would be if DC made a Flash or Wonder Woman cartoon. Batman AND Superman have monopolized the DC market. Having one or two cartoons less than Bats doesn't mean much. Superman had Krypto the Superdog, Legion of Super-heroes(who was clearly the protagonist).

By diversifying, I'm referring to DC releasing shows like Young Justice or JLU that expanded the wider DCU into the series. Not enough DC cartoons like that are around nowadays. Let alone other DC characters like Wonder Woman or Flash as you mention.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.