Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman Continuity Confusion... Help Plz [Some Spoilers]

speckoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I usually buy Trade Paperbacks and I'm a bit behind but I do know about Rebirth and how the pre-New52 Superman is replacing New52 Supes since he ends up dying.

I have a vague idea of the Truth Arc but I'm not up to that yet and haven't decided on getting that when it comes out on paperback but I've finished the Doomed Arc.

The Confusion comes from trying to understand how Superman can be Fighting in the Darkseid War as well as fighting Denny before New52-Supes meets his end. When does all these events take place? Cause Superman #52 came out not too long ago and Justice League still has two more issues i Believe till Geoff's run on it ends.

It seems as if the Justice League Comic does its own thing. Someone please help me understand this without spoiling too much? I've just finished reading the part where Jessica Cruz becomes Power Ring which is right before Darkseid War begins.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Tomasi the events of Darkseid Wars all happened before Truth. So it's easy to understand how come he was still alive even after we knew he was already dead.

Truth and Savage Dawn are the last arcs (and by far the worst) of New52 Superman. That end up giving Superman the kryptonite disease that ultimately apparently killed him.

speckoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon: ah thanks. that explains things more clearly. The order of things just became weird because in truth he had a completely different look than any of the justice league arcs. I still haven't read the savage dawn or the truth arc and I'm probably gonna skip it as I've skipped ahead and read most of the final days of superman. And I also haven't heard much great things about those two arcs.

I'm definitely still getting the Darkseid War on paperback when it comes out because I love the things that Geoff Johns writes.

anyway thanks again!

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Tomasi the events of Darkseid Wars all happened before Truth. So it's easy to understand how come he was still alive even after we knew he was already dead.

Truth and Savage Dawn are the last arcs (and by far the worst) of New52 Superman. That end up giving Superman the kryptonite disease that ultimately apparently killed him.

I thought it was Truth, Darkseid Wars, and then the present?

speckoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice to get a definitive timeline on when these events took place. Here's what I think it is...

Darkseid War, Truth(in which he defeats Vandal Savage and regains his powers), JLA vs Rao, and finally The Final Days of Superman... then Rebirth

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@speckoh said:

It would be nice to get a definitive timeline on when these events took place. Here's what I think it is...

Darkseid War, Truth(in which he defeats Vandal Savage and regains his powers), JLA vs Rao, and finally The Final Days of Superman... then Rebirth

I'd say the Rao one is probably the first one. I mean it featured the original 7

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosismad:

Truth and Savage Dawn are definitely the last arcs. Or at least the last nail on New52 Superman coffin.

At the end of Darkseid Wars we're told by Cyborg father that the energy he absorbed from the firepits of Apokolips changed Superman physiology somehow and even then he was already dying.

If I'm not mistaken we never got the end of the fight against Rao in the JLA, so there's also that.

But seeing what killed New52 Superman was kryptonite poisoning. Then Savage Dawn has to be the last arc. Because it was only then that by trying to get rid of his mutated cells that he inadvertly got himself fueled by kryptonite.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosismad:

Truth and Savage Dawn are definitely the last arcs. Or at least the last nail on New52 Superman coffin.

At the end of Darkseid Wars we're told by Cyborg father that the energy he absorbed from the firepits of Apokolips changed Superman physiology somehow and even then he was already dying.

If I'm not mistaken we never got the end of the fight against Rao in the JLA, so there's also that.

But seeing what killed New52 Superman was kryptonite poisoning. Then Savage Dawn has to be the last arc. Because it was only then that by trying to get rid of his mutated cells that he inadvertly got himself fueled by kryptonite.

I just checked Superman #51 and you're right. Darkseid Wars>Truth>Savage Dawn>JLA Hitch Story>Final Days>Rebirth

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.