Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Superman and Doomsday across DC's Infinite Universes

kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are most versions of Superman destined to die fighting a Doomsday in their own Universe? I'd figure some where killed by Doomsday, while some succeeded in killing the monster!

Did Earth 22 Superman ever fight a Doomsday? Did he die?
    Did Earth 22 Superman ever fight a Doomsday? Did he die?
    What about Superwoman of Earth 11?
    What about Superwoman of Earth 11?
    Did Earth-23 Superman ever fight a Doomsday as well?
    Did Earth-23 Superman ever fight a Doomsday as well?
    UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We know the Golden/Silver age Superman never fought one, who knows though if in all the universes brought back by the infinite crisis all the premier Supermen/women fought a version of doomsday. We can only wonder, Those stories haven't been told yet.

Grant Morrsion's action comics run had that Superdoom creature hopping from universe to universe giving The super people trouble, don't know if it killed any of them though. That could've counted as their fight with doomsday if not their literal doomsday like with modern age main earth Supes.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want, the best example possible is the New52 Superman.

He fought Doomsday twice. One we were only told about, and the second time we actually saw it. And twice he defeated Doomsday.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman on the other hand... Got killed once and almost killed twice (that I remember of) by Doomsday.

Oh! And he was almost killed by a kryptonite Doomsday that was created by the military using G.I's as human test subjects. He got saved in the very last minute.

DieHard200904

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't believe Earth-22 as shown above ever met Doomsday... EVER! But that cannot be verified since I don't think there is enough backstory to actually know for sure. He did seem to evolve a type of immunity to Kryptonite, and in the novelization of Kingdom Come, he could actively resist magic itself, to maybe he has something similar, though on a weaker scale than Doomsday does.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

Gog killed more Supermen than Doomsday ever could.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.