Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Strap in for a long wait, people, we won't be seeing MOS 2 for a long time

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheExile285

Can't say I'll even care unless we get a new director. =/

Such a shame too. Cavil could make such a fantastic Superman if they depict him right and actually give him some lines.

Kryptonian24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I already expected this. WB's movie slate is jam-packed and it's filled with characters whom haven't been given their due yet. I can wait for another Superman solo film. Just as well, I'll have to wait for another solo Batman film. Sure Zack and Ben have been talking about it, but there is just no room for them to do another one right now. WB has already implemented their schedule and plans for this first portion of the DCEU. Besides, I think we all know that Superman is going to play a massive part in both of these upcoming Justice League films, which will pave the way to the possibility of another Superman film.

Like Zack and Charles said, it is a question of writing and time. I love the DCEU's direction with the character and I like Henry Cavill in the role more than anyone else before him. It'd be a shame not to have him shine on his own once more.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I heard a rumor Snyder might not have much say in it. WB may have liked that opening weekend but they weren't exactly happy about the record breaking drop a week later.

allend4bbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow! I read that totally differently. I feel it's much more optimistic on the possibility.

Drocta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Drocta

BvS has performed wayunder what WB wanted and needed to launch JL, WW and the rest with confidence. Expect Snyder to be "promoted" to figurehead soon.

"we have to wait for a good script"

Hasn't stopped you before!

but fans are already interested in the future of the expanded DC Cinematic Universe

Citation needed.

STELIOS23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, after BvS i'll wait for a reboot.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

BvS is a continuation of the events at the end of MoS... I mean it's as close to MoS 2 as we'll get. It'll be a couple of years before Superman gets another solo movie.. I hope they reboot and replace Zack Snyder.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, on the bright side, as others have stated, BvS is sort of MoS 2. Plus we've got JL Part 1 and 2, where Superman will be heavily featured.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Snyder. More Superman being Superman. There were only a handful of scenes in MoS and BvS featuring this and there could have been more.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people realize that if this DCEU thing doesn't work out the first time around, you will be waiting A WHILE for a reboot, if they ever try a shot at a shared universe again.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Who's waiting? Between MoS and BvS it doesn't look like we're going to get a proper Superman movie until that universe ends. Which could very well be a good portion of someones life.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Pretty sure he said the same thing about Batman. Both these characters are more than likely going to be like Nick Fury, and pop up in other movies to prop them up. Plus with JL, they are booked. But like someone stated on this thread, it's up to the studios and their Golden Boy Affleck working on their most popular character is only bound to leave their mouths watering.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A reboot instead of a sequel is a best case scenario.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love more solo Superman films with Henry Cavill, he really is an untapped Jewel. He just really needs a good script and director who respects every aspect of the character and gives him more to do.

Also as long as Snyder isn't directing....I've liked him so far inspite of a lot of crap, but certain statements he's been making lately concerning the characters and the universe have left a real sour taste in my mouth about him.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expected as much. I hoped to get a MoS 2 before JL movie, but when they announced B v S, that hope was dashed. Think that next Supes’ solo movie will be released sometime after JL part 2.

Also, I am ok with waiting for a good script. Don’t get me wrong, I will defend MoS until my dying breath, but B v S is fairly big step back in quality, regarding not only handling of Superman, but also overall characters’ motivation and logical ties between events imo. Maybe B v S Ultimate Edition will rectify that (as Watchmen Director’s Cut did compared to theatrical release), but idk.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This comment made me laugh for a good ten minutes.

@drocta said:

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fifthchild

Me also :-)

Its tough - Superman/Cavill etc got a bit of a raw deal with MOS morphing into Justice League 0.5. OTOH I was hardly a fan of the MOS vision of the character while BvS seemed so curiously indifferent to Superman in general except for everyone elses reactions to his existence. Hes almost like a minor character.

At this point though its hard to say whats going to happen with the DCEU and upcoming films (even JL1) given whats happening with BvS at the Box Office.

This comment made me laugh for a good ten minutes.

@drocta said:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fifthchild: I agree. Initially I was thrilled with MOS but I now attribute that too Superman movie withdrawal. Eventually it got boring and then it got depressing but if there's one thing that I liked, its the casting of Henry Cavil. I really thought he would get more of a role because he genuinely loves the character and wants to bring it to audiences. But look at BVS: he was one of the main characters and got the minimum amount of lines possible. It's ridiculous. I won't be surprised if in JL he doesn't get any lines. Hell any of the leaguers will be lucky to get lines. Snyder doesn't like Superheroes talking in costume.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's still hope. WB announced that they're adding two more unnamed films to DCF's slate as well as moving Wonder Woman up a month. Rumors are that these are the Batman solo and Man of Steel sequel.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.