Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Random question

Avatar image for knightlyvengence
    KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By KnightlyVengence

how does Superman cut his hair??? ...kryptonite scissors?

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By zee crusher

Good question its most likely his hair doesn't grow he said himself its hard as steel when he mopped a wooden floor and it came out with no scartches but the same questin can be asked for wolverine if he heals so when you cut his hair should it stay the same size or even grow longer??

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KnightlyVengence

Yeah it's kinda weird. I wonder if the writers really have an explaination or if it is actually a loop-hole in his story. I gotta stop watching Smallville reruns. I keep noticing little things like that and their messing with my mind.

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightlyVengence

maybe its a wig and he's really bald like Lex Luthor! :)

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

I know he shaves using his heat vision and a mirror.

But when it comes down to it, most don't really care.

That's like why the Hulk was able to keep his purple pants.

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Superkitty

A barber is out of the question. I've seen the heat vision somewhere. Maybe another solution would be scissors with a little bit of kryptonite, which is the same color of light blue as the liquid that has all those combs in those weird barber shop containers.

KnightlyVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KnightlyVengence

I'm just gonna say he's bald and wears a wig... now I wont be able to keep a straight face when I look at him... :)

Avatar image for superboy_prime_10000
    Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the early (Silver Age) Pre-Crisis Superman stories,Superman cut his hair and fingernails using his heat vision.He uses a Kryptonian metal(From his spaceship) that was strong enough to deflect his heat vision to do so.

(Pre-Crisis) Silver Age Superman also possesed a Kryptonian metal from Krypton,Kryptium.Kryptium is supposed to be the strongest metal in the universe that it can even cut through Superman's skin.Superman probably use this metal to shave. As for the Post-Crisis Superman,here is a link to show you how he shaves.

Post Edited:2008-03-07 04:15:31

Knightwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Knightwing

I don't usually mind how he does it, remember he is still an alien so maybe his genetics allow him to grow his hair to a limit. I read about Superman's aura of invulnerability in The Man of Steel:

While the pre-Crisis Superman's costume was invulnerable (as a result of being made from the blankets in the rocket that brought him to Earth), the post-Crisis Superman's costume was made of ordinary material. But while the cape often became ripped and torn (or even completely destroyed on occasion) for dramatic effect, the rest of the costume was usually left untouched. It was later explained that the post-Crisis Superman's body generated an invisible "aura" that surrounded him and contributed to his invulnerability. Objects held close to him, such as his costume, were protected from harm; his cape, meanwhile, could easily sustain damage in battle. The Superman S-shield is an original design by Clark and Jonathan.

So maybe grows long enough that it extends the range of his aura so he could cut it off a little at the top.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360

this is HOW

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Methos

KnightlyVengence says:

"how does Superman cut his hair??? ...kryptonite scissors?"

Heat vision, same way he shaves

M

Avatar image for superboy_prime_10000
    Superboy-Prime 10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KnightlyVengence says:

"maybe its a wig and he's really bald like Lex Luthor! :)"

Funny,he used that as an excused before.

Watch the part from 05:50 to 06:08.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.