Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Questions Regarding Daxam

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By 2cool4fun

So, I'm not really sure if the Superman forums are the right place to ask, but since these are kryptonians I'm still gonna do it...Today I read GLC #31 and I found out about a planet that has kryptonians.

So my questions are:

When did DC introduce them?

Who or what moved them to a yellow sun?

Is there a story where Superman or Supergirl find out about them or just a good story where they interact with them.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I know that Daxam was firstly introduced in 1963, in the issue the Legion resurrected Lightning Lad.

Daxam doesn't have a yellow sun, their sun is red.

No. Nothing extrordinary. Superman had an interaction with Mon-El in the beginning he thought he was kryptonian and family.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that Daxam was firstly introduced in 1963, in the issue the Legion resurrected Lightning Lad.

Wow they exist far longer than I expected.

Daxam doesn't have a yellow sun, their sun is red.

Yeah seems I misread that part.

No. Nothing extrordinary. Superman had an interaction with Mon-El in the beginning he thought he was kryptonian and family.

That's a shame, 50 years of existence and he only met Mon-El who's true origin he does not even know :/

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Is there a story where Superman or Supergirl find out about them or just a good story where they interact with them.

They met occasionally. Superman had to contend with a group of them during Invasion, he and Supergirl likely fought some during The Great Darkness Saga and Superman tussled with a couple of daxamites such as Lar Gand or Dev-Em here and there. Not surprisingly, DC never really delved that much into Daxam, and actually destroyed the planet once. Millions of potential ersatz kryptonians are a messy business, after all.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, lets get some facts straight first, shall we.

-First of all Daxam is not a planet with kryptonians but daxamites. The N52 didn't bother giving a new explanation seeing that they altered Krypton history a little bit, but in the pre-N52 the story was this:

Along time ago in what was called Krypton golden age, where kryptonians started to expand their domain beyond their solar system, they conquered planets, built colonies and even met new species. One of those planets was Daxam. Also a planet orbiting a dwarf red star. Kryptonians met the natural inhabitants of that world that were physically very similar in looks to kryptonians, and not only that kryptonians found something they never encountered before. A species that they could mate and reproduce. But at the same time something was happening on Krypton. A feeling of unrest began to rise, for various reasons. The abuse of power, the starting of wars with other species, but mostly because of kryptonian genetic purity. All kryptonians were ordered back to Krypton. Most went willingly, some of them did not. It was at that same time that the original Eradicator was modified/created to serve kryptonian laws by one of Superman ancestors named Kem-El. Kem-El was a hard defender of kryptonian laws and most of all, genetic purity. So when certain kryptonians refused to return, the Eradicator and the forces that were put at its disposal were given the task of bringing back every stray kryptonian. But on Daxam the Eradicator found something that it never encountered before. A colony of mixed beings, both daxamite and kryptonian. Safe to say the Eradicator saw that has the biggest threat to kryptonian genetic purity so all kryptonians that didn't surrendered were killed, and because the Eradicator saw the daxamite/kryptonian hybrids has an aberration it gave them a fatal genetic flaw. Led became lethal poison to daxamites, even more so when they have their powers activated by a more powerful class of star like our own.

So has you see, and you can get more information about this on the web, those who live on Daxam are not kryptonians, they're half-breeds, or to be more exact, they have kryptonian genes that were passed on to them by kryptonians through sexual mating. And strange has it may look and sound, under a yellow sun they're has powerful has a normal kryptonian, which shouldn't be the case, but DC wasn't known at the time for being very accurate about genetics and lots of other stuff.

These stories date back from the 80's and 90's, so don't be surprised.

-About the yellow sun. It was and still is red, but it was turned yellow for a short period of time by a daxamite green lantern (Sodam Yat), possessor of the power of Ion the willpower entity. Because Daxam had been invaded by the Sinestro Corps at the command of Mongul and the only way for him to save his people, was to enter the red star and use the Ion power to turn the red star into a yellow star. But this was then, it was later on returned to red again when the rogue Oan guardian Krona removed the Ion entity from Sodam Yat.

And this my friend is basicaly everything you need to know about Daxam, and the legacy of Krypton left behind in their genes.

Hope this helps you out.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Daxamites exist in the n52??

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Yep, they were a major plot point in GL Uprising. ( and it's also their first appearance )

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.