Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18941 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Q: If Superman wanted to...?

Avatar image for starlightglimmer
    StarlightGlimmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StarlightGlimmer

If Superman wanted to, could he minimize, even a little bit, the impact to a person's fist when they punch Superman's side? Or is his body just way too different from humans, that he can't soften his muscles (by relaxing them) on purpose, to minimize any pain a human could get by punching him? I'm not sure if links are acceptable, but someone's answer on Reddit mentions "Superman's skin is impenetrable, but not umpliable" and "Superman has an epidermis of skin cells, dermis of connective tissue, and subcutis of fat just like you or I. And also just like you or I, the dermis and subcutis serve to cushion external stress." Not sure if the user means external stress to him or to an outsider, but I just wanna know if it's really completely impossible for Superman to slightly cushion someone's pain after punching him?

Avatar image for deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6
    deactivated-60cedd66cf0a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starlightglimmer: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No? Supes is consistently durable a person punching him would break their hand....NORMALLY. With PIS however and the general structure of stories that's not really the case

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Batman tried it, and Superman said he rolled with it. Pretty sure Batman still injured his hand, but Superman said had he not rolled with it, it would have been worse.

The best Supes can do, at least to my understanding, is roll with a blow thrown at him. But, still, best not to try punching him unless you're a Meta. And even then, it's iffy.

StarlightGlimmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StarlightGlimmer

@nerevarine_11: No, that's not what I mean. I meant, just crippling their hand. Normally, their hand would break. But is it at all possible for their hand to just be crippled, if Superman could help minimize it? And could he?

@scouterv: Where did that happen?

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starlightglimmer: I thought it was Supermans aura which protects him? Not muscle, makes more sense to me...

StarlightGlimmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StarlightGlimmer

@errorinscript: He has a superhumanly dense cellular and anatomical structure, as well as a radiating bio-electrical aura.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.