Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Off My Mind: Why Superman and Wonder Woman's Kiss Makes Sense (For Now)

• 154 results
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger said:

Ah so you did read the issue? I saw the preview images and every five panels Superman was like "Wonder Woman! Diana!" Oh for crying out loud we get it! Superman's into Wonder Woman now for some reason. Wonder Woman seemed to move on from Steve very quickly. It only took her a few pages to start kissing Superman.

Indeed, all of a sudden he starts caring about Diana? She jumped from caring for Steve to almost instantly making out with Superman.

@MonkeyToe: Nonsense, she didn't even know his real name for crying out loud. It's called bad writing and to put it bluntly, the saddest excuse for a publicity stunt. There has been absolutely NO chemistry between them throughout the series besides common camaraderie. A kiss is not required to show that they have mutual feelings for each other, especially not that fast.

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MonkeyToe

@Deranged Midget said:

@MonkeyToe: Nonsense, she didn't even know his real name for crying out loud. It's called bad writing and to put it bluntly, the saddest excuse for a publicity stunt. There has been absolutely NO chemistry between them throughout the series besides common camaraderie. A kiss is not required to show that they have mutual feelings for each other, especially not that fast.

I nonsense your nonsense, good sir. We could argue this til we are blue in the face but it is all going to come down to opinion. A kiss can be the START of chemistry and doesn't HAVE to result from some pre-existing chemistry. Sometimes you don't know there is chemistry until after you kiss. Sometimes you don't know that there ISN'T chemistry until after a kiss. This isn't a relationship, it's a kiss between two people who are emotionally drunk from the turmoil on the team, the hidden fears spurred by Graves' parasites, and their individual lives.

As for not knowing his 'real' name, Kal El is supes real name NOT Clark. Clark is the real alter ego not Superman. Wonder Woman knows who Superman REALLY is, which is something that Lois can't say at the moment. At best, if Lois falls in love with Clark, she's falling in love with a lie. Diana doesn't have that problem.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Deranged Midget

@MonkeyToe: In that case, Wonder Woman would've been eager to kiss anyone she saw at the point, being emotionally broken. Clark's visions were that of his parents, not the love for anyone else. It was the last thing on his mind. It made absolutely no sense for them to kiss whatsoever. It was a publicity stunt, a dirty way to sell comics because Johns doesn't know how to write it any other way.

Diana referred to Superman as Clark far more in Pre-52 than Kal. She knew his secret identity off the bat, and not once has she referred to him as Kal in the New 52. It's always been Superman It's quite evident that prior to that discussion, they talked very little as she only just mentioned his secret identity and the purpose of being a reporter. Hell, Clark had more chemistry with Bruce than Diana in the entirety of this run.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By Lvenger

@Deranged Midget said:

@Lvenger said:

Ah so you did read the issue? I saw the preview images and every five panels Superman was like "Wonder Woman! Diana!" Oh for crying out loud we get it! Superman's into Wonder Woman now for some reason. Wonder Woman seemed to move on from Steve very quickly. It only took her a few pages to start kissing Superman.

Indeed, all of a sudden he starts caring about Diana? She jumped from caring for Steve to almost instantly making out with Superman.

Way too big a jump to make.

@MonkeyToe said:

I nonsense your nonsense, good sir. We could argue this til we are blue in the face but it is all going to come down to opinion. A kiss can be the START of chemistry and doesn't HAVE to result from some pre-existing chemistry. Sometimes you don't know there is chemistry until after you kiss. Sometimes you don't know that there ISN'T chemistry until after a kiss. This isn't a relationship, it's a kiss between two people who are emotionally drunk from the turmoil on the team, the hidden fears spurred by Graves' parasites, and their individual lives.

As for not knowing his 'real' name, Kal El is supes real name NOT Clark. Clark is the real alter ego not Superman. Wonder Woman knows who Superman REALLY is, which is something that Lois can't say at the moment. At best, if Lois falls in love with Clark, she's falling in love with a lie. Diana doesn't have that problem.

He considers himself to be Clark Kent though not Kal-El. True he feels more alone than he did before but he considers himself human first, not a godlike alien from a long dead planet. That's who he really is. And it went from chummy relations to them making out. No "Shall we try dating first?" No they went BAM! Straight for the kiss. That's what's odd about it.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By InnerVenom123

I love Booster's reaction.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#56  Edited By GothamRed

Booster Gold speaks for the audience...

Also I'd say this reflex my feeling on this pairing best:

The Silver Age got it... what changed?
    The Silver Age got it... what changed?
    DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By DarthShap

"We are both powerful and lonely." That is the whole reasoning behind it. The scene was not badly written but it really was this basic. The characters only have that in common so I guess that is kind of all Johns could do with the material but everything in this issue felt forced.

He is just writing these big fan service moments to add as much cheap drama as possible.

The scene where Jordan left and Aquaman decided to take control of the JL made absolutely no sense. The whole "the JL does not work" plot point makes no sense. These characters are some of the nicest, smartest and most moral people of Earth. Basically every scene where they fight and argue is completely out of character. Arcs like Tower of Babel or Kingdom Come could make this work because there was actually something that made them lose their trust in Batman or because after decades in an dark world, the characters had changed.

JL just feels forced.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By NightFang3

If it end with a break up leading too Batman and Wonder Woman or Superman with Lois (as it should), than i'm fine.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Lvenger said:

He considers himself to be Clark Kent though not Kal-El. True he feels more alone than he did before but he considers himself human first, not a godlike alien from a long dead planet. That's who he really is. And it went from chummy relations to them making out. No "Shall we try dating first?" No they went BAM! Straight for the kiss. That's what's odd about it.

Exactly, he wants to fit in with the human race, it was how he was raised. He doesn't consider himself above anyone, he doesn't want to be superior, he just prefers a normal life. They've honestly had no connection whatsoever during the series nor have they ever spoken. It went from "You're strong" to "I'm sorry for sucker punching you Superman" to "Let's make out because we have SO much in common".

Cooke76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Cooke76

@ltbrd said:

Its funny that the one character I think has benefited the most from the new 52 has been Steve Trevor. DC really did a good job of taking what was a male version of the "damsel in distress" (hey, the guy used to get kidnapped a lot more back in the day) and turn him into an really cool character. I also like the fact that readers can get a government agent that isn't automatically against the Justice League or superheroes in general......like Amanda Waller and her appearance at the end of issue 12. Will be interesting to see him continue to grow in JLA, and whether the Martian Manhunter will call his relationship with Diana into question at all.

As for the kiss, I don't see the big deal. I'm not one of those readers that feels Clark and Lois need to be together. I've been reading comics since before the two were married and to me its just not a big deal they were separated. I was far angrier about Marvel breaking up Peter and MJ (though I'm really a Gwen Stacy fan I was more interested in Peter just catching a break as he's always been my favorite superhero). Part of that reason is the way DC always presented Clark and Lois' marriage. They did the whole strained relationship bit, but even without that the marriage was written very flatly . Since Lois was such a part of Superman mythos even outside their home, there was nothing really special about the marriage and was generally just panels of Superman either confessing a doubt or fear to her or Lois trying to comfort him after some big decision. It was flat.

Superman and Wonder Woman are definitely not a compatible couple at first glance. Superman can be overly protective and in many cases tends to be overly critical. Wonder Woman is still uncomfortable being in a "traditional" relationship (though she doesn't seem to have the same problems or same misunderstanding of it in her own series) and her mentality as a warrior and Amazon would push back against Superman trying to protect her from harm. They are both extremely stubborn and set in their ways, not exactly what you'd want to have in a starting relationship. But they also have a lot of common ground in terms of power level, facing similar danger, having much the same moral values, and they've been friends for a number of years now. So there is a chance this relationship could make sense if they did it right....or at least make sense while it lasts.

My only true complaint about this development is the writers for Superman and Wonder Woman have their own agendas for the characters and when we see Superman bungie jumping with Lucy Lane in the same week he's kissing Wonder Woman....it just doesn't feel like DC is going to push this idea too hard. It feels more like they are simply testing the waters to get reader reactions. But they can always fall back on the Lucy Lane angle if feelings are negative. That's a shame. Should just go all in with this idea and if it doesn't pan out it doesn't pan out. Think playing it safe is more harm and more confusing than just taking a chance (now, to clarify, I don't agree that Clark should date Lucy Lane, too weird).

As for those that love the Wonder Woman/Batman idea....its technically not dead because one relationship could open up the other. But seriously, come on. Can you really see DC ever truly giving Bruce Wayne a wife? They might tease things with Earth-2 stories and all, but no way is a writer going to be the one to break one of the main characterizations that modern readers come to expect of Batman. If they can't pass the mantle off then they will never let him have a true, happy relationship.

Agree with pretty much every word here. Well said! Plus, I really hate Lois. Really, really, really hate Lois, aka, the most boring and irritating love interest since 1986 (you can thank John Byrne for getting that ball rolling).

Personally, I'm glad that TPTB are finally giving this relationship a shot in official continuity. I'm really looking forward to how this turns out.

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MonkeyToe

@Deranged Midget said:

@MonkeyToe: In that case, Wonder Woman would've been eager to kiss anyone she saw at the point, being emotionally broken. Clark's visions were that of his parents, not the love for anyone else. It was the last thing on his mind. It made absolutely no sense for them to kiss whatsoever. It was a publicity stunt, a dirty way to sell comics because Johns doesn't know how to write it any other way.

Diana referred to Superman as Clark far more in Pre-52 than Kal. She knew his secret identity off the bat, and not once has she referred to him as Kal in the New 52. It's always been Superman It's quite evident that prior to that discussion, they talked very little as she only just mentioned his secret identity and the purpose of being a reporter. Hell, Clark had more chemistry with Bruce than Diana in the entirety of this run.

Really? She would have just kissed some random stranger on the street? No one said she was emotionally broken, just that she was emotionally peaked, and the reason Clark is a good person to meet her and try to console her is because he UNDERSTANDS her perspective because he faked his death in Action Comics for the exact reason that Diana broke up with Trevor, to keep the people he cared about safe from being around him.

As for your OPINION on the reason why the set this kiss up, it's fine that you dislike Johns as a writer. You have every right to dislike the man's writing. What I don't agree with is that it's a 'publicity stunt' because I don't feel their is motive to stage a publicity stunt for this title.

@Lvenger said:

@MonkeyToe said:

He WANTS to be Clark and he WANTS to be human but he is constantly faced with the fact that he is NEITHER. Regardless of how he was raised or how much he wants to fit in he will ALWAYS be an alien. That's the reason he identifies with Diana. She's an Amazon and daughter of Zeus. She wanted to be human and Steve Trevor was her attempt at living a normal life. But like Superman, she can NEVER be normal because of who she inherently is. Both of them have had to make constant sacrifices in their attempt to keep their loved ones safe and in that they share a bond.

As for not 'dating' first, that is an old fashioned concept at it's core. Sure you wouldn't walk off the street and kiss a STRANGER like that, but they aren't strangers. They have 5 years of history together and hopefully at least consider each other friends and they both have exhibited that they are obviously compassionate people at the very least. They empathize with the problems of the worlds and they are familiar with each others pain and I propose that this is the very reason why their connection grows and a spontaneous kiss is explored/

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Deranged Midget

@MonkeyToe said:

Really? She would have just kissed some random stranger on the street? No one said she was emotionally broken, just that she was emotionally peaked, and the reason Clark is a good person to meet her and try to console her is because he UNDERSTANDS her perspective because he faked his death in Action Comics for the exact reason that Diana broke up with Trevor, to keep the people he cared about safe from being around him.

As for your OPINION on the reason why the set this kiss up, it's fine that you dislike Johns as a writer. You have every right to dislike the man's writing. What I don't agree with is that it's a 'publicity stunt' because I don't feel their is motive to stage a publicity stunt for this title.

I respect your opinion but that's utter nonsense. They have had nothing in common and no, I referred to her being in such an emotional state that almost any of the leaguers could've comforted her at that point. It's fine that Clark did so, but forcing the unnecessary kiss was a ridiculous publicity stunt. The ENTIRE focus of this and selling point for those who even lack interest in series, was this kiss but the moment didn't even last two pages. The cover is absolute proof if you don't believe me. There was more focus on the pointless dispersing of the League than the moment between Clark and Diana.

It would've made far more sense for this issue to start to build upon an ever-growing friend-ship between Clark and Diana, but having them lock lips instantly makes absolutely no sense.

JayJayCAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By JayJayCAW

wait...where the hell is that Booster Gold pic from???

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#64  Edited By GR2Blackout

This is too much like a drama TV show.

They discuss what they have in common, they kiss, and Booster sees them kissing.

Casshern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Casshern

This is why in every alternate future they hook up...they are going to out live the ones they personal know. I'm just glad they are writing this as a reason.

Clark & Lois is so to me not buyable. His life is as demanding as Parker's...but at least Lois's job was demanding too. Basically it was alwasy felt like a LOOONG Distance relationship, where the two were only together by cell/text the whole time. Its like getting married to an Online DD character because you keep meeting each other at fixed points in game, but never in real-time. This one falls more towards reality.

I'm looking forward to a future what-if New 52 child of Superman & Wonder Woman. Or did they already do that somewhere?

Shimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Shimmy

@TitanTempest said:

I Love that Clark and Lois got married in Pre-New 52. But this is a new world, Lois and Clark had their time. I don't mind seeing Superman with Wonder Woman, I wouldn't even mind seeing him with Lana Lang, I wouldn't mind seeing him with anybody. I just don't want the new DCnU to feel predictable. I want to guess what will happen, I don't want to know that Superman and Lois Lane will be back together. Even if they do, I want it to feel natural, not just because the fans want it, thats how the best comics work.

Agree, agree, agree. I don't want to see Lois and Clark together any time soon, because I know exactly what that will look like. Not interested. Show me something fresh; something crazy. Otherwise, why bother rebooting the whole damn universe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's worth it just to see Booster Gold get all flustered. ^_^

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By superstay

So SM/WW happens in New-52.......YES YES YES d^_^b

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MonkeyToe

@Deranged Midget said:

I respect your opinion but that's utter nonsense. They have had nothing in common and no, I referred to her being in such an emotional state that almost any of the leaguers could've comforted her at that point. It's fine that Clark did so, but forcing the unnecessary kiss was a ridiculous publicity stunt. The ENTIRE focus of this and selling point for those who even lack interest in series, was this kiss but the moment didn't even last two pages. The cover is absolute proof if you don't believe me. There was more focus on the pointless dispersing of the League than the moment between Clark and Diana.

It would've made far more sense for this issue to start to build upon an ever-growing friend-ship between Clark and Diana, but having them lock lips instantly makes absolutely no sense.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then. As far as having nothing in common, it seems they have the MOST in common out of all the people in the league:

1. They both want to be normal but can't be

2. They are both inherently good and compassionate people

And

3. They have pushed away the people they care about most to protect them from the danger of just being associated with them.

Who else does that?

Batman? Inherently skeptical, playboy billionaire with already far too many women in his life?

Cyborg? Who just trying to retain what he has left of his humanity?

Green Lantern? Also already in love and has the weight of an entire sector already on his shoulders?

Aquaman? Married and leader to an entire race?

The Flash? Super smart and already in love, though he has also faked his own death to keep the people he loves safe.

Superman and Wonder Woman have tons in common.

batflash09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By batflash09

Can't wait to see where this goes!

Metron144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Metron144

Shes the only woman on the planet that could survive dating superman so this has always made sense to me.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By Gambit1024

Wonder Woman is probably the only woman that can satisfy Superman. Good on him, and I hope this lasts (not forever, though)

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Trixie

Superman and Wonder Woman <3

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#74  Edited By Outside_85

To me it only makes sense from an emotionally dead angle, they are both practically invulnerable and that's it, there's no chemistry between them...just misery seeking a mate.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#75  Edited By lorex

I am fine with DC trying out the Wonder Woman Superman relationship in the new 52. What I do not like is statements like this is the new status quo and Superman and Lois will never be together. It seeems to me that the creative people are painting themselved into a corner with statements like that and will have to show some fancy footwork to get around blanket statements like these in the furure when the direction of the store eventually changes.

arcano_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By arcano_19

im really exited about this come on "!!!!! those titans are beautifull together

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kid Apollo

i thought the point of the new52 was to shake things up from the way there have been for years, we all know they aren't gonna get married and be together forever, so why not hook up. if i were Supes, id hit that

Fudgie29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Fudgie29

Great article G-man. I was a little iffy about the kiss but now I'm on board and it makes a lot more sense. Go WW and supes!

Yo_Jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Yo_Jeff

Even in real life, that would be a small peck on the lips that would not mean anything.

It means even less in a comic book...

BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80  Edited By BritishMonkey

I can just see this ending horribley. Probably break up by issue 15.

komikboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By komikboy

@ltbrd: i like the way u think. Steve trevor indeed got many benefit by this arc-story. And about the kiss itself, boy...o boy... it really made me excited... :D

about the character development by writers, i got what u want to say but i also want to see each character have their stand alone story/universe. i meant looked at how wondie, aquaman, swamp thing, etc grown in their own book. But yes, consistency must be preserve, and character or relationship development also shown/told in each character books.

about lucy lane. i think what dc want to tell is that "now" Clark is kind of "move on" from previous incarnation (which clark "should/must" be with Lois Lane). remember how supes being told as grumpy and moody in the 1st superman relaunch? or maybe... in lighter perspective, Clark is being cool. Which i though is quite parallel with JLA #12, that eventhogh Clark have many friend as human being or he being cool, he still felt alone.

the only thing i want to say is that i like dynamic and flow story. supes and others shouldn't be static character. so... it's good to see supes and wondie related, but i hope (really ... really ... hope ...) DC doesn't traped by it. I hope eventhough this is the new status quo, the story of supes-wondie "love" not become smocie smocie all the time...

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#82  Edited By Mbecks14

It makes sense because they both have superpowers and wear red and blue right? That's basis for a coupling. Totally.

Oh wait...that's bullcrap. It makes sense because it sells titles and that's all DC cares about and I do realize that they're a business but it's such a slap in the face to their loyal fanbase where the money actually comes from to destroy Superman/Lois and make Wonder Woman just Superman's girlfriend.

DarthShap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DarthShap

@MonkeyToe said:

@Deranged Midget said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree then. As far as having nothing in common, it seems they have the MOST in common out of all the people in the league:

1. They both want to be normal but can't be

2. They are both inherently good and compassionate people

And

3. They have pushed away the people they care about most to protect them from the danger of just being associated with them.

Who else does that?

Batman? Inherently skeptical, playboy billionaire with already far too many women in his life?

Cyborg? Who just trying to retain what he has left of his humanity?

Green Lantern? Also already in love and has the weight of an entire sector already on his shoulders?

Aquaman? Married and leader to an entire race?

The Flash? Super smart and already in love, though he has also faked his own death to keep the people he loves safe.

Superman and Wonder Woman have tons in common.

1.Wonder-Woman wants to be normal? No she doesn't. She does not even have a life outside of being Wonder-Woman.

Clark is already normal. He has his own civilian life and like pretty much every superhero, lies to his friends about it.

2. "Good and compassionate"...that is pretty much a given when you dedicate your life to helping people. Every superhero is good and compassionate.

3.Where did that come from? Their parents are dead. They did not push them away.

Now Johns' Wonder-Woman did break up with Trevor for that reason but even the character pointed out how idiotic that plot point was.

On top of that, Superman is still Clark Kent, has a job, a quasi-girlfriend in Lucy Lane and he just got a roommate, Jimmy Olsen. He is not pushing anyone away.

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#84  Edited By Mbecks14

I'd be more ok with Superman and Wonder Woman having a fling if the creators weren't all "Lois and Superman is dumb" and "Wonder Woman and Superman is perfect because they are both strong."

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#85  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

LOL AT MY BOY BOOSTER

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#86  Edited By Darkmount1

You all do realize Alan Moore's "Twilight of the Superheroes" proposal had these two start a dynasty, right?

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By minigunman123

@Yo_Jeff said:

Even in real life, that would be a small peck on the lips that would not mean anything.

It means even less in a comic book...

Well then I guess real life is stupid. :| I've yet to kiss a girl at all, and I'm 16; I don't think a peck on the lips is nothing, if you kiss someone, that's like saying "I want to be with you" or "I find you attractive, let's try to have a relationship". Anyone who kisses people on the lips regularly or has casual sex and thinks it doesn't mean anything are fools and creeps and can't be trusted, because what means something to many people apparently means nothing to them, so they have no real way to prove they love or care about someone, it's all just a game.

I doubt Superman would do that to Wonder Woman.

hobanho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By hobanho

Superman is the reason I read comics, and is still one of my favorite characters to this day, and I absolutely love this. Everyone complains about how boring Superman is( not me honestly) and now they are addressing some of these things. I can't believe why anyone wouldn't be on board with this, at least for a few years. I honestly don't care if he ever gets back with Lois in the comics. I'm sure in the movies Lois will still be his love interest. But Superman and Wonder Woman are great for eachother in the New 52. She is much more aggressive and violent as a character, and I'm hoping to see how that affects him going forward.

Avatar image for avengers_4everxx
    Avengers_4everXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Avengers_4everXX

Sigh...... I thought the whole point of "the NEW 52" was to make things fresh and exciting. I have absolutely no interest in predictable plot twist, and this is so freaking predictable that DC has gone out of their way to avoid it for decades. And though I'm okay with Supes not being with Lois, could they have at least paired him up with someone he never had any hint of a romantic history with before the reboot? or better yet, a new character? I'd as soon see Wonder Woman never date anyone, ever. But if she has to, I will always want it to be Batman because that's just so weird it works. This is dumb. I am disappointed at DC's lack of ingenuity

Judge_Dredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Judge_Dredd

I'm on board, now let's hope the relationship is substantial and lasts, so this hype seems worthwhile. It's not a bad idea I'd say.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By jorgeareizaga

WONDER WOMAN IS A VER VERY VERY VERY LUCKY GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE SHE IS SMART ENOUGH TO TRAP SUPERMAN AND TAKE HIM TO THE BED

BigBDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#92  Edited By BigBDawg

I still worry that Diana may cause some things with Clark that may just cause the things we saw in the JLI Annual. =/ Hints to Trinity War perhaps? After all, it's likely that something that will NOT end well. I'm calling it right now that even if it's a new status quo, it's not gonna end well especially with how Diana can be in the New 52, guys. =/

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By bloggerboy

@JayJayCAW said:

wait...where the hell is that Booster Gold pic from???

Justice League International Annual, a much superior title than Justice League imo.

Speaking of superiority, Booster and Godiva share a kiss too much like Supes and Diana do...the difference? Booster's and Godiva's kiss has been build-up for 12+ the Annual issues...

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By LordRequiem

It makes sense because it's an awesome turn of events for once!

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By They Killed Cap!

...Miss the old universe

Novemberx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Novemberx2

you know if your against this and you think its wrong and stupid and forced... just remember this

DC once published a story called JLApes where most of justice league got turned into monkeys. Superman and green lantern wanted to mate with wonder woman and willing to force themselves on her with out her consent...

Just saying!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I think this relationship will answer once and for all why Superman doesn't date/marry Wonder Woman. Just because they are similar in power levels doesn't mean they should be together and I think this will show that. They will find out they aren't compatible as a couple. And eventually he will get back with Lois and we as readers will see why they are a couple and him and Wonder Woman didn't work. And then people wont say "Why doens't Superman date Wondere Woman" because they already did date and we see why not. This will maybe help define the characters of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Lios better, and how Lois and Clark relate and how Wonder Woman and Superman relate to one another better. Hopefuly.

This version of Superman seems to be more isolated from humans than he previously was. As Clark he seemed more connected to everyone in the pre 52 comics. He had friends, family (parents) and a wife, and felt more connected to everyone and to humans. But this new Superman in the New 52 seems like he has separated himself from humans. He pretends to be human as Clark, but he doesn't try to be friends with others or let them into his life. He seems to keep everyone at arms length. So he cannot relate to anyone who isn't a superhero or vigilante or have a power level like his.

I like the idea of their relationship, I liked the writing in the issue. Made it work. But what about GL in that issue?

Gibbet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Gibbet

Let the DC heroes have their fun , If aquaman can be awesome then WW/Superman should happen

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MonkeyToe

@DarthShap said:

@MonkeyToe said:

1.Wonder-Woman wants to be normal? No she doesn't. She does not even have a life outside of being Wonder-Woman.

Clark is already normal. He has his own civilian life and like pretty much every superhero, lies to his friends about it.

2. "Good and compassionate"...that is pretty much a given when you dedicate your life to helping people. Every superhero is good and compassionate.

3.Where did that come from? Their parents are dead. They did not push them away.

Now Johns' Wonder-Woman did break up with Trevor for that reason but even the character pointed out how idiotic that plot point was.

On top of that, Superman is still Clark Kent, has a job, a quasi-girlfriend in Lucy Lane and he just got a roommate, Jimmy Olsen. He is not pushing anyone away.

1. She says in this very issue of Justice League that she knew nothing about the way men and women related to one another in the real world but that she thought they were at war, like she was told by the amazons. When she found out they weren't, she tried to have a normal relationship with Steve Trevor, but when she finds out she can't she pushes him away. Clark PRETENDS to be normal. There is a big difference between Superman pretending to be a normal human and Batman who IS a normal human when he takes of the cowl. No matter what he acts like Clark can NEVER be normal. They say that very thing in the pictures in this article.

2. I meant in relation to some other heroes. Batman is quiet and suspicious first and foremost. Green Lantern is a smart ass. Superman and Wonder Woman seem to wear their emotions on their sleeves more than their team mates and neither struggle with whether or not they should be super heroes or not. There is no question in their mind.

3. When did I say parents? Wonder Woman pushed Trevor away by breaking up with him and Supes TRIED to push Lois and Jimmy away by faking the death of Clark Kent in Action Comics.

Savage_Hawkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Savage_Hawkman

@Happy_Evil_Dude said:

Superman heard that Amy Adams was Lois and high-tailed into Wonder Woman's hoo-ha.

Amy Adams is beautiful.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.