Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18886 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

NYCC 2012: Andy Diggle

abauman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By abauman
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

geoff2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By geoff2005

where does scott snyder superman come in?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

"To hell with that guy" - Andy Diggle 

supersmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By supersmith

Sorry to see Morrison go.Re Lois' boyfriend why isn't he doing the challenging thing any good writer worth his salt would do by actually writing and expanding on this new character? The Daily Planet cast needs something more than Lois, Jimmy and Perry. Caroll is a foreign corresspondent. Should be a lot of substance, bravery to him. Maybe that's why Lois likes him? Diggle seems really predictable/cliched stuff that DC done time and time again.When is Synder and Lee coming on board again?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

Snyder and Lee are doing a separate third Superman title in 2013.

johnqestion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnqestion

Liking the new 52 and interested in the power couple. Thanks for asking the question.G-Man.

This is why Snyder and Lee will get my money. What a vast difference in the 2 interviews. Scott was very respectful to Diana, Lois and all other characters and drawing you in emotionally. Diggle seems dismissive about Diana and barely give you anything.

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Icon

Really excited for He'l on Earth and Action Comics being brought into the story after that. I like it when a family of books sync up so this is a treat.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SandMan_

I'll think I'll stay with Scott Snyder and Jim Lee....Sorry.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Billy Batson

Seeing people wanting the Snyder/Lee series over Diggle's and Daniel's AC already is pretty annoying.
    BB

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By doordoor123

@geoff2005 said:

where does scott snyder superman come in?

Jim Lee has said around Summer 2013. They haven't even started working on it yet.

It would be really interesting if Lois kissed Clark while he was with Wonder Woman and she was with her boyfriend. Lois probably doesnt think Clark has a girlfriend because it is Wonder Woman -- unless Wonder Woman has also created a secret identity as Clark's girlfriend. Clark is too loyal to dump Wonder Woman for Lois.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SandMan_
    @Billy Batson: You would know about annoying :P
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @supersmith: that's a totally different book  

@johnqestion: because the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship is beyond stupid 
    RudeCherub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RudeCherub

Andy, y'know Lois not noticing Clark is the bulk of Mythos. The last thing I want to read is yet another recycling of the Love triangle, in it's various forms, whether that ends in marriage, which was the story for a few years, or not - the story as it was for over fifty years. New 52 should maybe do something new. eg Lois as an older mentor figure, and a friend, - she has to be older than Clark right? ( as Amy Adams is to Henry Cavill ) Since she was already dating Billionaires, and being a top reporter when Clark was hanging out with Jimmy and fresh to Metropolis? Superman and Wonder Woman is interesting. Even Jonathan Carroll is interesting. Lois could be really interesting outside of the "Superman's Girlfriend" thing - I mean to say Lois Lane and the resistance promised much, but didn't deliver that WW2 heroine spy resistance leader reporter I hoped it might.

What isn't interesting is going back to will, they won't they, nonsense. It's so last century.

supersmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By supersmith

@Jonny_Anonymous Oh yeah Superman was sellling so well before, wasn't he? The new 52 is supposed to be new and fresh,. Not recycling old stories and plots I could pick up in trades.Your opinion is a matter of opinion that frankly is moot if it sells.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Ganthetsward20

I like how this guy is making the book sound :D

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

To hell with that guy, regarding Lois' boyfriend. Diggle, you are awesome, kind sir, for saying it! Yup, I'm officially on board for Diggle's run on Action Comics now.

TheNamelessGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheNamelessGod

Andy seems like a cool guy. I like the ideas he is talking about including H'el on Earth which seems pretty interesting. My problem is however, how he is trying to set up Clark pining/mooning for Lois while he is clearly attracted and possibly together with another woman. As Superman, that doesn't really set a very good example for commitment and convictions, to suddenly start having feelings for his co-worker - who "also" happens to be with someone else. Not very Superman like. The whole notion stinks of soap-opera, and I can only imagine Supes making a charade of himself by doing so. So I'm quite apprehensive on that account.

It certainly undermines Diana's character as a prominent figure in Clark's life and her relationship. Certainly doesn't do anything good to Lois' character either. Lois can, in fact have a very caring and mature relationship with Clark, but as a friend, based on mutual respect and understanding, on platonic grounds. A girl can be just friends too right? - pre New 52 era Diana played that part pretty well.

It's as Andy said, he wants to bring in Lois in independent light, and which I hope he does. But it can be achieved without dragging Lois back as another love interest. I've thoroughly enjoyed New 52 for its fresh new take. I hope it stays that way.

Cheers.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By z3ro180

2013 will be a great year to be a superman fan. Also why cant i just give Snyder , Diggle and lobdell my money right now ?

LordLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LordLOC

Andy seems so awesome. I had no idea he was writing Doctor Who for IDW either. That's terrific. I can't wait for Action Comics now, let alone the crossovers between the 4 Super books coming up after/during Hell on Earth.

guyver 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By guyver 0

Love Andy Diggle.

Apieceofmymind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Apieceofmymind

I hope they end this Superman/Wonder Woman soon. I don't think going back to clois so soon would be good too, I just hope to see Lois Lane's character developed in this reboot, there has been NONE of that yet. At least Diggle seems interested in doing her justice. Crossing my fingers for a lois development as well as a Lois/Clark solid development too

Apieceofmymind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Apieceofmymind

@TheNamelessOne: Actually, I think it's Superman/Diana the ones who don't come out looking good. not Lois, Lois doesn't have feelings for Clark, she has no clue what's going on, nor she cares, DC's management are saying that Clark has feelings for Lois but he sees her as 'unattainable and unavailable' he's the one who looked miserable when he saw her with her boyfriend. Lois seems blissfully unaware. So, he already has the feelings for Lois, then why is he kissing Wonder Woman? 'cause he can't have the one he really wants?if Diana senses his heart is not really 100% into her how can she accept a man like that? god, What the hell were DC thinking? oh right, the sales given the way the've been promoting their new 'status quo' like it's some thing worthy of the celebrity scandals and tabloids, and congrats! it worked! I hate what they're doing honestly. Why couldn't they keep the 3 single, the new 52 was already selling very well, they didn't need this. Even if the end SP-WW soon I feel like they've done a huge damage to the characters and alienated many fans already.

TheNamelessGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheNamelessGod

@Apieceofmymind: I think you are drinking a bit too heavy on your favouritie shipping kool aid. The New 52 is not about repeating what has been told for the past 20 years. People can be attracted to a lot of people, doesn't mean they stalk on them and pine over them. Especially now after he has already started to be with another woman. Any healthy person would try to connect to their partner/gf in their relationship and not pine over every other girl he has crush on.

I understand you enjoy your pairing, but the story at hand is the most important aspect.

Apieceofmymind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Apieceofmymind

@TheNamelessOne:

I think you are drinking a bit too heavy on your favouritie shipping kool aid. -> First, was this necessary?

And yeah, the story is what's important, that's exactly why the Superman/Wonder woman "romance" doesn't make sense, they've said they planned it for a year, yet they make them hookup in the 2 last pages of one issue, without any build up throught out the entire year, everything was too rushed, too contrived, and for what? it's like they weren't even trying to add romance, like they were afraid to really do it for an entire year and finally decided to start it, DIana doesn't want to hurt Steve so she turns to Superman, Superman feels loney and can't have the one he wants 'cause she's unavailable, so they kiss. what the hell. Sadly the damage is done. I don't think something good will come out of this pairing. but let's wait and see. So far things don't look promising even for Kal & Diana. At least I hope Andy keeps Lois away from any romantic spark with Superman and focuses on her own development.

TheNamelessGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheNamelessGod

@Apieceofmymind said:

At least I hope Andy keeps Lois away from any romantic spark with Superman and focuses on her own development.

At least we agree on one thing.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By sethysquare

@TheNamelessOne said:

@Apieceofmymind said:

At least I hope Andy keeps Lois away from any romantic spark with Superman and focuses on her own development.

At least we agree on one thing.

yup.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

@TheNamelessOne said:

Andy seems like a cool guy. I like the ideas he is talking about including H'el on Earth which seems pretty interesting. My problem is however, how he is trying to set up Clark pining/mooning for Lois while he is clearly attracted and possibly together with another woman. As Superman, that doesn't really set a very good example for commitment and convictions, to suddenly start having feelings for his co-worker - who "also" happens to be with someone else. Not very Superman like. The whole notion stinks of soap-opera, and I can only imagine Supes making a charade of himself by doing so. So I'm quite apprehensive on that account.

It certainly undermines Diana's character as a prominent figure in Clark's life and her relationship. Certainly doesn't do anything good to Lois' character either. Lois can, in fact have a very caring and mature relationship with Clark, but as a friend, based on mutual respect and understanding, on platonic grounds. A girl can be just friends too right? - pre New 52 era Diana played that part pretty well.

It's as Andy said, he wants to bring in Lois in independent light, and which I hope he does. But it can be achieved without dragging Lois back as another love interest. I've thoroughly enjoyed New 52 for its fresh new take. I hope it stays that way.

Cheers.

Quoted for truth :)

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
    G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@Billy Batson: I want all of the Super titles... Well, except Superboy. I'll get his for H'El on Earth, though

and one question... Morrison is gone after 16, right? and Diggle starts on 18... Who is writing 17???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.