Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

My own Superman Origin story.

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good day community,

I have a habit of making my own superhero stories when I draw them / play with them. In terms of Superman I did the following and I want to share it with other S fans.

1- Jor El is a scientist of Krypton, he sends Kal El as a last son of Krypton to Earth along with Kelex , the caretaker robot.

2- Upon their arrival on Earth, Kelex was instructed to find nurturing parents of the same emotional arche-type as his paternal parents, thus carrying baby Kal-El, the closest town was Smallville.

3- Upon scanning the area, Kelex found two male and female cohabitants that were discussing how they are having birth problems etc. their emotional levela and psyche matched the profile, thus Kal El was sent to their doorstep, meanwhile Kelex continued in finding the Aritifical Kryptonian scouts ship to function as a homebase when the time is right.

4- Kal-El grows among the humans beleiving to be a human, his powers however (all of them) dont develop up untill the age of 17,where he starts getting severe headaches, upon rushing away during class, he mistakenly breaks the school,s entrance,injuring a faculty teacher. Only when he reaches somewhere quiet he begins to calm down.

5- Haven taken a blood sample from baby Kal-El(the solar energy cells within the biological cells has fully developed and assimilated), Kelex determines that the time has come for Kal-El to learn of his destiny, so he travels to Smallville and informs Kal-El or Clark, that he has a message from his biological father.

6- Kelex carries Clark and travels with him to the North of Iceland where the ship is located, there Clark discovers that there is a full alien space ship foundation built ready for him to begin his destiny as the son of the leading scientist Jor-El, he comes accross a message recorded by Jor-El which informs him of the past of the planet Krypton and how he is the last bloodline of the Kryptonians, additionally Jor-El informs Clark that he must help humanity survive for eternity by showing the way to be another super class of beings like the Kryptonians have been and not creating the same mistake Krypton did (excavating the resources of their planets and others) thus he must continue the legacy of science and knowledge that Krypton had and help humanity as well.

More to continue if your interested ... :P

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111: Nice , good story. But should this not in Fan fic tough?

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@errorinscript: Sorry, it slipped my mind, any idea how to transfer the thread there ?

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111: Oh I think you have to return to full edit and chance the topic to fan fic instead of Superman.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this could be a really elseworlds story

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a good start

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee9c4453cde7
    deactivated-5ee9c4453cde7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111: Looks promising. I actually make my own stories for some heroes too, but I keep them in my head.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Your focus seems to be on this robot of his, or atleast that's the only thing that seems new and different from his origins. Gonna need more before I judge it. But to leave on a positive note, I do think the addition of a reason why the Kent's were chosen is a good one, since it's almost always been by chance.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

• Great start..
    • Id be interested in reading more :)
    avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you all for taking time to read it, and thank you for your responses, you may notice its a compilation and inspired by different writers from the Superman universe complied in a different manner:

7- Upon discovering his destiny as and heirloom as a legacy of bloodline of Krypton scientists, Clark donned a specially designed kryptonian suit emblemed with the family of El. (The S symbol) also he discovered a large room full of monitors connected to every telecommunication and messages on the planet, on one of the monitors he noticed a news report of a newly designed space shuttle by Lex Corp. facing an emergency situation. Wondering what he can do to help, Kelex informed Clark that due to his solar cells assimilation he can help save the shuttle, however due to his naivete in controlling his newly founded powers it may dangerous.

8- Taking a risk, Clark decides to take a leap of faith and save the shuttle from crashing down, thus he exits Kryptonian ship and starts taking strong leaps and eventually discovers the power of flight, and flies as fast he can to save the shuttle. (Taken into notice he has only discovered two powers till now, strength and flight only)

9- The space shuttle is a new prototype shuttle that allows space travel designed by Lex Corp. Managing Director Lionel Luthor. who is upon the first crew among to test it out officially on the press. accompanying him is his son Lex Luthor. and a team from the press. i.e. young Louis Lane. (as an intern)

More to come...

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jphulk26

@avk111 said:

Thank you all for taking time to read it, and thank you for your responses, you may notice its a compilation and inspired by different writers from the Superman universe complied in a different manner:

7- Upon discovering his destiny as and heirloom as a legacy of bloodline of Krypton scientists, Clark donned a specially designed kryptonian suit emblemed with the family of El. (The S symbol) also he discovered a large room full of monitors connected to every telecommunication and messages on the planet, on one of the monitors he noticed a news report of a newly designed space shuttle by Lex Corp. facing an emergency situation. Wondering what he can do to help, Kelex informed Clark that due to his solar cells assimilation he can help save the shuttle, however due to his naivete in controlling his newly founded powers it may dangerous.

8- Taking a risk, Clark decides to take a leap of faith and save the shuttle from crashing down, thus he exits Kryptonian ship and starts taking strong leaps and eventually discovers the power of flight, and flies as fast he can to save the shuttle. (Taken into notice he has only discovered two powers till now, strength and flight only)

9- The space shuttle is a new prototype shuttle that allows space travel designed by Lex Corp. Managing Director Lionel Luthor. who is upon the first crew among to test it out officially on the press. accompanying him is his son Lex Luthor. and a team from the press. i.e. young Louis Lane. (as an intern)

More to come...

I like it. brilliant. Make Braniac the villain and he kills Kelex, it will be perfect.

Supe's should save everyone on the ship but Lionel dies. Causing Lex to hate supes and team with Braniac, even though Lex was saved by Supe's.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HighAccuser

i like it.

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By avk111

Ok this is the continuation, please take into notice some plot points are editable and may change through the course of this thread.

Once again, thanks for taking your time to read it:

10- Puzzled and proplexed on whether he should save the space shuttle, Clark decides to "at least try". He prepares himself and starts focusing on his leaps, then he kneels down and focuses on his body. He can sense an invisible aura around him. All of a sudden he storms through the sky rapidly and storms through the clouds.

11 Upon locating the falling space shuttle , Clark decided to hold the rear tail of the shuttle to his surprise it breaks "way to go Clark" thinking to himself amidst the confusing and fearful situation, next he flies to the nose of the shuttle hoping that he can somehow push the shuttle drag force. But to no avail, he breaks through the diving nose, next he tries to avert the falling shuttle to the water. He succeeds in doing so.

12- After saving the shuttle land on water, the crew and the travelers are all in a state of shock. What happened ? the doors open via emergency exits, and the crew use air raft boats to float. All of a sudden a man emerges from the water, dressed in a blue synthetic suit and a red cape,for the time ever, Clark is spotted in his uniform. He notices an attractive lady among the survivors and spots her tag - Lois Lane / Journalist. The survivors look in shock, what is this flying man ? is it some new technology by Lex Corp. ? Some sort of trick ? Clark informs the survivors that he will call among the authorites to pick and help them, then he flies off.

13- Returning to Smallville, Clark informs his parents of what happened and how he was able to save the falling space shuttle. Jon Kent and Martha Kent praise Clark and inform how proud they are. Clark informs them however , that he needs a way to be there on the spot whenever danger calls, whenever there is a "story", he remembers the attractive lady he spotted on the raft boat, and tells his parents that for the next few years he will start studying as a journalist in order to be among danger when it happens. In the sametime, he will be studing under Kalax as a Kryptonian scientist in order to help humanity and progress and reach their full potential.

14- Few years down the line, Clark gets a interview in the Daily Planet, this is when his adventures as Superman begins.

In terms of Lex and Lionel, well it turns out that when Clark first landed on Earth Lex Corp. were able to collect the space shuttle he came with and they reverted it to R & D (Research and development) which few years down the line introduced the first civilian space shuttle for mankind. Lionel and Lex have a very passive aggressive relationship, Lionel was always cold and emotionally abusive toward his son Lex, thus when he wanted to advertise his first proud invention the civilian space shuttle, Lex wanted to shame his father by sabotaging the space shuttle infornt of the world, little did he know that it would have cost them their lives. Lionel becomes a alcohol addict due to his failed project and start to physically abuse Lex, which in turn build this sense of hate for Lex towards the flying man who saved the space shuttle i.e. Clark.

In terms of Brainiac and other threats, well lets just say Lex becomes psychotic in his endavour to destroy Clark, thus he sends a space probe into space requesting other aliens that exist to come and destroy Clark whatever the cost, guess who responds to the request ?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible, don't waste more time.

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible, don't waste more time.

Im open to constructive criticism...

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111:

Sorry, but not creative enough, for me.

When comparing what as been done in the past, the mythology and origin stories explore, yours unfortunately doesn't really brings anything new to the table.

Also Jor-El would never give such task to his son. If Krypton failed and was destroyed because of misuse of natural resources, then how is Kal supposed to know how to help humanity face their problems.

There's also the question of if Superman role should be that of eternal protector of humanity.

I don't believe your story is original enough nor does it pushes the bar beyond what was done before.

Why not instead of Krypton being destroyed by natural disasters, it was destroyed on purpose. Either because Brainiac saw them as a race that would eventually evolve enough to use their powers without being restricted by the red sun. That even on Krypton, kryptonians were in many regards super-human by far. That or by the race of the Dominators, so not to play the Brainiac card all the time.

Or better yet an unknown race that for whatever reason sought out to destroy all kryptonians. Later the revelation could be used as a shocking revelation that would not only shed light on Krypton's past but also Superman future.

Jor-El and Lara both discover the threat on time to act, and so they build a ship meant to be the greatest scientific achievement of kryptonian tech, being not only the most advanced piece of kryptonian technology, carrying with it all kryptonian knowledge and two mental imprints of Jor and Lara minds, as so to guide Kal later on.

Jor would inform his brother Zor-El and his best friend Zod of the threat and give them the means to do what they think is best for them and their respective families.

Why Zod? Because I'm tired of seeing Zod being the bad guy. For once I'd place Zod in a position that he might very well become one of Superman greatest friends and mentor or a villain the likes it as never been seen.

While Jor is busy creating the ship, Lara is busy using a kind of hyperspace scanner to scan nearby worlds with the thought patterns more resembling the ones considered to contain all traits that kryptonians themselves follow.

Earth is then chosen, and with it the Kents. Lara can see them and study them through the hyperspace scanner and reaches the conclusion that they would be the ideal adoptive parents for Kal.

All the while Krypton's military forces are fighting off the threat although they are obviously only slowing them down and not actually stopping it.

The ship would be launched and immediately it enters hyperspace on its way to Earth. Jor and Lara join the fight but before they do so, Jor takes with him a device that Lara asks what's its purpose to which Jor only answers "Our best and only hope of one day seeing our son once again"

We see the invadors preparing to use a massive weapon against Krypton to destroy it, and seconds before it's activated, Jor activates the device and we only see Krypton being hit by the enemy weapon and being completely pulverized.

So Kal arrives on Earth. Both Martha and Jonathan are asleep and they hear two voices in their minds calling to them, they go to the barn and there they find Kal's ship. Where Jor and Lara AI's are projected and they tell the Kents who Kal is and why was he sent to Earth. And they ask the Kents if they are willing to raise their son as their own. If they do not accept their memories of that event would be wiped and Kal would be sent to the other families on the list Lara created. Martha immediately accepts.

Before the ship buries itself on the ground beneath the barn, Jor tells the Kents that they'll let them raise their son, but the ship and Kal would always be mentally connected. So as to allow it to monitor Kal growth and also subconsciously helping Kal deal with not only his native kryptonian powers but also those he'd get from being on a solar system with a G class star. And they'd choose the moment Kal would be deemed ready to learn of his past and what was expected of him.

You could say that a kryptonian physiology allows them to quantum entangle to the stars closest to them, granting them abilities beyond those of any human, giving a kryptonian a immense physical and mental boost, taking both those aspects to god-like levels.

Clark would grow thinking he's human but all the while as his abilities started to manifest, the ship would subconsciously allow him to get a control of an ability the moment it emerged as to allow Kal to learn about his powers without threatening the lives of anyone.

The ship itself would also guide Clark in the discovery and exploration of his powers.

Until the day came that Clark would be called upon by the ship, the ship would prompt him to follow it to Antarctica and there it would take matter from the surrounding ice and rock and it would build Kal his Fortress of Knowledge. Fortress of Solitude is also getting old, maybe something more bright and reflecting it's true purpose. To help Kal learn all he could learn, and expand his limits.

I wouldn't place Clark as a journalist for the Daily Planet, but more like a freelancer of sorts. He'd create his own company. One where he'd develop or help human scientists develop all sorts of advancements in basically every field. Medicinal, clean energy, recycling... He'd also early on in his career see that the Daily Planet was one of the few newspapers that still had some integrity and hadn't sell themselves to Luthorcorp, but they were near bankruptcy, so Clark would buy the DP and become its owner. And he'd keep it running to uncover all the truths about corruption happening not just in the Metropolis but worldwide.

Jimmy. I'd place him instead of a photographer, he'd be the owner of very small R&D company that never got his chance and Clark would buy his company and while studying his personality he'd make Jimmy like his right hand man, in charge of certain departments when Clark wasn't around.

Lana could eventually join Clark company being PR person of the company and also one of the few people that Clark had in the past shared his secret with.

Perry and Lois would still remain pretty much the same. The main difference being that when Clark came out as Superman he wouldn't give Lois any preferential behavior, and as Superman he'd for the most part only answer her questions as a reporter but nothing else.

Clark would not immediately fall in love with her, if ever. She'd would have to come to love Clark and only Clark, after her delusions about having something with Superman were laid to waste, and if she wanted him, she'd have to battle for him. Because I'd give her some serious competition. Not just Lana but other very important female characters.

There would be no kryptonite because Krypton like I said was pulverized and Superman only true weaknesses would come in the form of red miniature suns that would disrupt his connection to the yellow sun and magic.

But he would not instantly lose his powers. No. He'd simply not be able to recharge them. And even if he were to deplete his yellow sun powers he'd still have his red sun powers. But that would only be in the beginning, eventually through mental training, he'd learn to shift his body connection to the type of energy he so desired, while blocking what he didn't wanted. Making magic his only true vulnerability.

As for kryptonite. I'd eventually introduce it, but as something that Superman creates through kryptonian sunstone tech, and most of the different types of kryptonite are training tools, to help him develop his powers. He could eventually create a green isotope of kryptonite that affected his powers and he'd entrust it to Bruce, as a form of safeguard just in case he needed to be stopped. But it wouldn't be deadly in any way, it would just mess up his powers, causing him a lot of pain, so he could be stopped if anything with him ever went wrong. But he'd also warn Bruce that it was only a temporary fix. That eventually he'd grow immune to it. So kryptonite would no longer be a writer suckerpunch but a extremely rare, impossible to perfectly replicate, and all attempts at replicating it would result in nothing more than nuisances for Superman that could block some of his powers. Like his ability to see through objects. Led would be gone, only a wall with kryptonite in it would be able to stop him from seeing through it. But it wouldn't stop him from breaking through it.

And these are just a few examples.

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By avk111

@avk111:

Sorry, but not creative enough, for me.

When comparing what as been done in the past, the mythology and origin stories explore, yours unfortunately doesn't really brings anything new to the table.

Also Jor-El would never give such task to his son. If Krypton failed and was destroyed because of misuse of natural resources, then how is Kal supposed to know how to help humanity face their problems.

There's also the question of if Superman role should be that of eternal protector of humanity.

Thanks for your feedback, Ill read it more in details when I have more time, but what grabbed my attention is your statment above,

Jor-El's job was to watch over his race as scientist in his own way,using science R&D and help advance his race.

Once discovering that his race have "over-exploited" their resources, his race was endevoured towards extinction.

Realizing this mistake, he hoped that his only son can learn from this mistake and help the human race advance in a way without setting forward their demise as with the Kryptonians, thus its his son's job to watch over humans (since this is is his new home and his new people)

Its really basic.

Secondly, I realize that alot of love goes to John Byrne's run on the man of steel due its simplicity and easy to relate to. Yes, you can change and modify the origin story in order to have the major lead characters (Jor-El example) appear more anti-heroic in a sense. But thats the beauty about the Superman methos, its a fable in which relates to both romanticizing essence (usual good vs evil) or a more grey path (anti heroic / perception)

What do you think ?

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avk111:

I believe you should follow your heart but always be aware of what fans want and most of all where you can be creative and innovate stuff that honestly no writer so far had the courage to do so.

I also understand why you're not pushing the bar long enough. Other writers with a great portfolio tried that and were received only with hostility. So I get the part of playing it safe.

But honestly time and time again we've been told Krypton his thousands of years ahead of us, but when they show how their civilization came to an end, it always feels like, we're not seeing Krypton but Earth. What we're doing right now and failing miserably.

I got this notion that if you want to represent a futuristic world then you got to deal with problems that aren't that much relatable to ours. Like for example an invading army from outerspace with connections to Kryptons long history but forgotten over time. A error from the past that came to hunt them and kill them in the present.

Or one could also play with the overuse of technology. The that a race might gain from being so advanced that for them nothing is prohibited or beyond reach. Like for example they know their physiology reacts to stars in a unique way not seen anywhere in the entire galaxy, and they want to turn their red star into a yellow star. They believe without any kind of disbelief that they simply cannot fail. But among the voices filled with over inflated egos a few voices of reason stand out. Like I referred before. Jor, Zor and Zod. Only you can for example have Zod go about it by force and try to save his planet by any means while Jor and Zor know that their race, had become simply too prideful to listen to the possibility of them failing at anything.

Again something futuristic. We don't know how that's like, because as a race humans fail much more than they succeed.

Either way. I sick to my beginning statement. And you should really follow what you feel is right for you while also adapting to what you know people want to see. You'd need to find a middle ground.

I personally love stories that innovative and bring at least something new and interesting to the table. The moment I see the old being sold as new that's when I take the comic read it once and I drop it for good.

avk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heavenlydarkdragon:

Thats deep,

Yeah I understand the fear that comes out of change, I personally recon that its due to the over advertisement we have been getting for years for the character its very hard to change to any other substance.

The most fascinating concept I have come accross the story of Superman is "World of Krypton" issues from the 80s , and introducing us to the clone wars concept.

That was a very very very well done story that really touched my heart on a very deep level, it included many paradigm of the human psyche that we question everyday, including immortality, morality, and future expectation.

I hope you read it, not to mention it really introduces a whole new Kyrpton where you can actually feel captivated by that world alone without skipping the pages to Superman life on Earth. What I personally was captivated by was how Kryptons story was similar to "Brave New World" by George Orwell. Individuality did not exist, emotions were hindered bad, and people lived as a single unit instead of variety.

Jor-El was the first to conclude how his society came to be, not to mention how the mistakes of the past caused Kryptonians become extinct.

Not to mention, I read somewhere that there is a new tv show which will focus alot on Krypton alone and how people lived in that society.

Its very interesting.

I can lightly compare it to transformers Cybertron society but since they are robots they are harder to relate to.

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By OrangeBat

@heavenlydarkdragon said:

@avk111:

I believe you should follow your heart but always be aware of what fans want and most of all where you can be creative and innovate stuff that honestly no writer so far had the courage to do so.

I also understand why you're not pushing the bar long enough. Other writers with a great portfolio tried that and were received only with hostility. So I get the part of playing it safe.

But honestly time and time again we've been told Krypton his thousands of years ahead of us, but when they show how their civilization came to an end, it always feels like, we're not seeing Krypton but Earth. What we're doing right now and failing miserably.

I got this notion that if you want to represent a futuristic world then you got to deal with problems that aren't that much relatable to ours. Like for example an invading army from outerspace with connections to Kryptons long history but forgotten over time. A error from the past that came to hunt them and kill them in the present.

Or one could also play with the overuse of technology. The that a race might gain from being so advanced that for them nothing is prohibited or beyond reach. Like for example they know their physiology reacts to stars in a unique way not seen anywhere in the entire galaxy, and they want to turn their red star into a yellow star. They believe without any kind of disbelief that they simply cannot fail. But among the voices filled with over inflated egos a few voices of reason stand out. Like I referred before. Jor, Zor and Zod. Only you can for example have Zod go about it by force and try to save his planet by any means while Jor and Zor know that their race, had become simply too prideful to listen to the possibility of them failing at anything.

Again something futuristic. We don't know how that's like, because as a race humans fail much more than they succeed.

Either way. I sick to my beginning statement. And you should really follow what you feel is right for you while also adapting to what you know people want to see. You'd need to find a middle ground.

I personally love stories that innovative and bring at least something new and interesting to the table. The moment I see the old being sold as new that's when I take the comic read it once and I drop it for good.

1) That's the general idea, though. Where do you think the "you shall stop others from repeating our mistakes" idea comes from? It's supposed to play into the world's current energy issues. And that's pretty believable, no matter how advanced you are, unless you turn Krypton into a society of literal Mary Sues.

2) That was already done in the Earth One graphic novels, and was thrashed for a reason. It's a stupid idea that boils down Superman's quest to "avenge Krypton". A generic Hero's Journey.

3) Now that's not too bad. You have good ideas, you just need to cull some of the not-so-good ones you have along with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.