Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18942 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

My Man of Steel ideas

• 67 results
    Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Hunter114

Zod will be in the Man of Steel, in some capacity, so it's expected that he will be the main villain, while I agree that Luthor can be used as a means to have other villains in, he needs to take a back seat and not be THE villain all the time (maybe like they did him in Smallville)

I do like the build-up and the forethought, but obviously it's a little too simple, though that's fine for a general summary, not too sure on the titles, but that's just semantics... also these storylines are pretty much the same as the Superman and Justice League animated series, so they're a little old and been done a few times, plus the use of too many villains in one movie is a pretty bad idea, it needs to give the characters a respectable amount of screen time.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#52  Edited By TheCannon

@Hunter114 said:

Zod will be in the Man of Steel, in some capacity, so it's expected that he will be the main villain, while I agree that Luthor can be used as a means to have other villains in, he needs to take a back seat and not be THE villain all the time (maybe like they did him in Smallville)

I do like the build-up and the forethought, but obviously it's a little too simple, though that's fine for a general summary, not too sure on the titles, but that's just semantics... also these storylines are pretty much the same as the Superman and Justice League animated series, so they're a little old and been done a few times, plus the use of too many villains in one movie is a pretty bad idea, it needs to give the characters a respectable amount of screen time.

These are my ideas, so just ignore that Zod will be in the new one. I have never seen Smallville. And the most villains I have in one movie is three. How is that that bad? Unless you're counting Darkseid's entire army in the Man of Steel vs Apokolips.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Hunter114

@TheCannon said:

And the most villains I have in one movie is three. How is that that bad?

@Hunter114 said:

... plus the use of too many villains in one movie is a pretty bad idea, it needs to give the characters a respectable amount of screen time.

Having three villains (and only one hero) in a movie is a bad idea, Superman II had four main villains, only two of them where that good and got enough screen time, and that's Zod and Luthor and even then, Luthor took a back seat in it. Batman and Robin had three main villains, Bane was grossly underplayed (and underwritten) and as a character, he deserved a lot better. So yeah, three villains is pretty bad, unless they are closely connected or can actually be written well enough to give each character enough screen time to make them a more well-rounded character, because just giving them a cameo is a little harsh... and it really annoys the fans.

@TheCannon said:

These are my ideas, so just ignore that Zod will be in the new one.

Given the facts that Zod will be in the new one, you can't really ignore it, sure they are sort of your ideas and fair enough, but the general idea of fan fiction or whatever you wish to call this is that you take into account the information you have and can't change and then adapt to it.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheCannon

@Hunter114 said:

@TheCannon said:

And the most villains I have in one movie is three. How is that that bad?

@Hunter114 said:

... plus the use of too many villains in one movie is a pretty bad idea, it needs to give the characters a respectable amount of screen time.

Having three villains (and only one hero) in a movie is a bad idea, Superman II had four main villains, only two of them where that good and got enough screen time, and that's Zod and Luthor and even then, Luthor took a back seat in it. Batman and Robin had three main villains, Bane was grossly underplayed (and underwritten) and as a character, he deserved a lot better. So yeah, three villains is pretty bad, unless they are closely connected or can actually be written well enough to give each character enough screen time to make them a more well-rounded character, because just giving them a cameo is a little harsh... and it really annoys the fans.

It will be written well. Luthor isn't the center of the Man of Steel Returns, he really only appears for a few 5-10 minutes things in that one.

@Hunter114 said:

@TheCannon said:

These are my ideas, so just ignore that Zod will be in the new one.

Given the facts that Zod will be in the new one, you can't really ignore it, sure they are sort of your ideas and fair enough, but the general idea of fan fiction or whatever you wish to call this is that you take into account the information you have and can't change and then adapt to it.

What does it matter? That's the point of this kind of thing, to give your ideas. It doesn't matter that they're using Zod in the first one, these are just my ideas. If you don't like it, make your own.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Hunter114

@TheCannon said:

What does it matter? That's the point of this kind of thing, to give your ideas... these are just my ideas. If you don't like it, make your own.

*Raises hand* if you post something on an open forum, are you not asking for people to comment on what you've written, no-matter what their opinion is?

I'm just expressing my opinion, which you have asked for by posting it on a forum and by asking "everyone" for their opinion, what you make of that opinion is up to you, it's got nothing to do with me how you want to react, but if you're just going to say "if you don't like it, make your own" then I retort with "if you don't like my opinion, don't ask for it, or just ignore it, or contemplate on the actual value of what I'm saying and then use it for context that it's applied to"

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheCannon

@Hunter114 said:

@TheCannon said:

What does it matter? That's the point of this kind of thing, to give your ideas... these are just my ideas. If you don't like it, make your own.

*Raises hand* if you post something on an open forum, are you not asking for people to comment on what you've written, no-matter what their opinion is?

I'm just expressing my opinion, which you have asked for by posting it on a forum and by asking "everyone" for their opinion, what you make of that opinion is up to you, it's got nothing to do with me how you want to react, but if you're just going to say "if you don't like it, make your own" then I retort with "if you don't like my opinion, don't ask for it, or just ignore it, or contemplate on the actual value of what I'm saying and then use it for context that it's applied to"

What I'm saying is that I;m ignoring that Zod is in Man of steel. Him in the movie has nothing to do with this. I'm saying to ignore that he is in Man of Steel. Basically pretend they have decided to scrap all plans and start over.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hunter114

@TheCannon said:

What I'm saying is that I;m ignoring that Zod is in Man of steel. Him in the movie has nothing to do with this. I'm saying to ignore that he is in Man of Steel. Basically pretend they have decided to scrap all plans and start over.

And my opinion, which you asked for, is that ignoring something like that is a bad idea, you might as well just call it something else entirely, as you are (by your own admission) ignoring the movie you are supposed to be developing hypothetical sequels to.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheCannon

@Hunter114 said:

@TheCannon said:

And my opinion, which you asked for, is that ignoring something like that is a bad idea, you might as well just call it something else entirely, as you are (by your own admission) ignoring the movie you are supposed to be developing hypothetical sequels to.

I didn't want to call it Superman reboot, because then everyone would say they're already making one.

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Hunter114

@TheCannon:

You could have called it something else, made it into a proper fan-fiction... or just bitten the bullet and changed a few things... it's not really a big deal to adapt to a small thing like an extra character being a movie... plus it's an extra challenge that can help you when writing.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheCannon

@Hunter114 said:

@TheCannon:

You could have called it something else, made it into a proper fan-fiction... or just bitten the bullet and changed a few things... it's not really a big deal to adapt to a small thing like an extra character being a movie... plus it's an extra challenge that can help you when writing.

And I am working on some other stuff like that. These are simply ideas to get me started. I am thinking about working on how to do a Man of Steel with General Zod and another villain, but I doubt I will. I'm thinking about doing Justice League or Batman. But not Bruce Wayne.

Tunsieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#61  Edited By Tunsieon

When I see the Luthor/Brainiac team all that I can think of is Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
    IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is how I would do a Superman movie.

Man of Steel: The villain would be General Zod. The person behind the scenes though would be Brainiac. Brainiac has come to Earth to take it over as he has done previously to other planets. This Brainiac, however, does not have a body yet. He uses the citizens of the bottle city of Kandor as his personal army. If they do not comply, Brainiac will simply destroy there city. That's how Brainiac has been taking over worlds. He uses Kryptonians to take over the world then comes after them and steals the planet's technology and information. Now Brainiac has his sights on Metropolis, the world's shining city. Not knowing that another Kryptonian lives in Metropolis, Brainiac sends two novice warriors to the city. The two are easily subdoed by Superman, who reveals himself as Kal El. With this knowledge, Zod is sent to take on Superman and get revenge of the son of his jailer (you see, the phantom zone was a prison on Kandor). So Zod and Kal duke it out and Superman wins by hair. Brainiac transports Zod and the others back and waits for another time to attack.

Man of Tomorrow: During the fight between the Kryptonians, their blood has been secretly taken and experimented on. S.T.A.R Labs, and their top scientist Emil Hamilton have been trying their best to create their own super army. Unbeknownst, to him, a secret faction of S.T.A.R Labs, aka Cadmus are already years ahead in the cloning project. After multiple tries they have finally cloned Superman. This will be eventually be Connor Kent. But the main villain in this movie is Bizarro. Bizarro is "accidently" let loose on the city of Metropolis. At first, Bizarro looks and acts exactly like Superman but eventually the cells break down and eventually become the Bizarro we all know. The fight takes place all over the Metropolis and eventually ends up in the South Pole. There Superman drives Bizarro deep within ice and encases him there away from the sun. He eventually builds his Fortress of Solitude over it to keeps an eye on him at all times. After the battle of the Supermen, S.T.A.R Labs is blamed for the incident and gets shut down leading the way for the rise of Cadmus Labs. And who's in charge of Cadmus Labs, none other than the great Lex Luthor.

Red Son: The main vilain is Brainiac. Brainiac and Lex Luthor have communicating with each other for a while now. Brainiac is using Lex to get a foothold in Metropolis while Lex is using Brainiac to get to his advance technology. Together, they both have been making it hard to Superman to feel needed. Metropolis is now a real shining city. The most technologically advanced city in the world. Luthor drones fly about the city making the need for a Superman almost non-existent. Just when Superman thought about retiring, Brainiac makes his move. By taking control of Cadmus Lab's satellites, he positions them in a way to create a shield between the sun and most of the Earth. All the satellites do their thing and somehow converts the sun yellow rays into red sunlight. At first, Superman doesn't notice anything different but after a week he feels himself losing his powers. Brainiac then takes over the Luthor drones and goes about attacking Metropolis. With Superman weakened he is eventually defeated and left in the street for the whole world to see. Metropolis now cries out for a new hero. This is where Lex makes his move. In steps Cadmus Lab and their new weapon, Superboy. Since he's only half Kryptonian, he's not affected by the red sunlight. He still has access to his Kryptonian powers as well as his Tactile TK. Superboy is winning the day when we see Brainiac plays his trump card. A full formed Brainiac. My version of Brainiac will look simiar to Cyborg Superman. Since Brainiac had access to Cadmus Lab as well, he also had access to Superman's DNA. Add that and his future tech, ala Cyborg Superman. Cyborg Superman takes on Superboy and easily tosses around Superboy. Seeing Superboy, his most prized creation being beaten, Lex does something he thought he would never do. Something Brainiac never calculated either, Lex helps Superman. Lex hacks the satellites again and removes the satellites from orbit returning the red sunlight back to yellow. With his strength returning, Superman rejoins the fight. Superman and Superboy eventually defeats Cyborg Superman and Brainiac's consciousness returns back to his floating base. Looking up in the sky, Superman sees that although Lex moves the satellites to restore his powers, he also sent them crashing down to Earth specifically Metropolis. Superman and Superboy both fly up in the sky and safely dispose of the falling satellites. That is where Lex made his trump card move. Lex put a silent program into Brainiac just in case something like this would happen and when Brainiac left Cyborg Superman, instead of going back to his floating base, Brainiac was sent into one of the falling satellites. Cadmus Labs retrieves that specific satellite and now Lex holds Brainiac prisoner. Superman goes up into space and finds Brainiac ship and brings everything back to his Fortress of Solitude. Now we see his Fortress (similar to JLA cartoon) with all the zoos and artifacts, etc.... This explains where Superman got all those stuff. And in the middle of the main room, we see the bottle city of Kandor and next to it what appears to be a Motherbox that suddenly lights up and turns on. Elsewhere, we see Darkseid looking through what appears to be Boomtube looking down on Metropolis. Desaad, next to him says, "See how they worship the Kryptonian, my lord. They will not be so easily decieved." Darkseid replys, "Hmmm. There's no need to deception. They worship a savior that brings them joy. But when I bring their savior to his knees, they will worship me because of fear. For I am the Omega." (eyes light up)

How's that for a pitch?

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheCannon

@IfDCRuledTheWorld Nice!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By HolySerpent

I'm really hating lex. I think metallo and mongul would be great main villains

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By Primmaster64
    @HolySerpent: Indeed.

@IfDCRuledTheWorld
    That last one kinda sets up for a JLA movie huh?
    Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
    IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Primmaster64: Yep!! And if they let me write it, it would totally beat out Avengers.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Primmaster64
    @IfDCRuledTheWorld: That's pretty cool

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.