Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Man of Steel - 'Fate of Your Planet' Trailer

• 186 results
    Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Vaeternus

@ Rich711, wow so much wrong with that post. You do know in the world of comics, games and animation DC stomps Marvel right? lol Avengers took mutliple heroes to break the DK record which consisted on one character...nuff said. Wait until JL comes out, it will break your Avengers...MOS will be so much better then Avengers.

@jamdamage said:

@turoksonofstone:

desperation???? I see nothing but epicness.

I agree, this movie is going to stomp Wolverine...lol and I want to see both movies but I agree, this movie looks nothing but good. The trailers alone were better then the entire Superman Returns movie...lol

Smurfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Smurfboy

That's the best trailer I've seen thus far in this year!! Whoa! I cannot wait to see that movie.

Trailer = 10/10!!!

Polemicalhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Referencing the "Ratchet Girl Anthem": "Got it, bout to put this thang on twitter"(My ADV. Ticket).

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
    deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My only real fear for the film at this point is that it may get lost in the amount of information its going to need to put all of these events and characters together. While its good in a way that we don't know how Krypton is destroyed (if it even is, according to rumors, however I wouldn't really be upset if Krypton wasn't destroyed but somehow everyone on it killed, same by an Eradicator weapon or something similar, and all that is left of the planet are crumbling ruins which could make for an interesting backdrop in a later film) because that leaves something for the film to explain it just seems like there is going to be an information and Kryptonian mythology aspect to this film that is either going to be quickly glossed over or talked about too much, both of which could bring the film down overall. Hopefully that won't happen.

I'm also not thrilled by the look of Zod and his soldiers, mostly because the armor doesn't look advanced enough for the type of culture Krypton was. I feel like it should look sleeker, slimmer, more body forming and not so much like ancient armor given some wires and tubing. It looks a bit too Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout than what I would expect Kryptonian armor to look like.

But, I do like the look of the ship and what we've seen of Krypton so far. Getting tired of seeing the crystal look in each interpretation.

At the end of the day though this film is going to shine on performances, just as the Superman: The Movie did, and if I have high confidence in anything its the assembling of amazing actors and actresses that have been given such iconic roles. When I rewatch Superman: The Movie, while that film definitely excelled because of the fun and thrill it brought, some of the stuff in it would have been really bad (such as the Luthor and Otis specific scenes) if not for Reeve, Hackman, Brando, Kidder, Cooper, Ford, and the others who really brought those characters to life and were able to convey some bad dialog and carry some awkward scenes so marvelously that the movie just moved and flowed perfectly. I think Cavill can give us a great Clark Kent and Superman cause he's been great in everything I've seen him in so far and when you add to that such powerhouses like Costner, Crowe, Adams, Lane, Shannon, and Fishburne I think we're going to be in for a treat and even if some of the scenes and some of the dialog falter with this talent I think its going to work.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The initial video pic looked like Doomsday in my feed reader.

I had mixed feelings about that...until I expanded and saw that it wasn't him. :-)

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#156  Edited By frogjitsu

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Zod is an actor hired by Lex Luthor to bring out Superman.

Funny, I actually wouldn't mind that one bit. Probably would like it actually.

I guess I don't care, at all, if they change villains. Well i can't say that. I don't care, at all, if they change villains I don't care about.

As long as Supes delivers a beat-down, I'm good :-)

His comic is called Action Comics for a reason. Well if this movie doesn't deliver I can always watch Fast 6 for my action fix.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know that this has been long who where in Zod's freaking army again?

I confused the names of Ursa (The girl) with Non (The giant dude).and other than Faura, who else is there?

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NERDGASM!!!!

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing Superman sinking into a pit of human skulls was intense. I'm looking forward to this more and more, but I don't want any more trailers. At this rate, we'll see the whole thing before June 14.

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Zod actor also has an ugly face which might turn off lots of movie goers.

Full retard much?

bigboi100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#161  Edited By bigboi100000

"Hell, I don't actually give a shit. Gay or not; you're all just a bunch of money mouths. Just walking around talking and eating..." LOL

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#162  Edited By turoksonofstone

Oh gosh. So much name-calling and nonsense in this thread.

It seems either you fall in line and support the movie or something is wrong with you.

lol, sure DC fanboys Whatever u say.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

First movie of my summer. Cant wait.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ssejllenrad

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Nope.Zod is a drunk actor from krypton whowas hired by brainiac :P

What?!?! No! Zod is the guardian of Faora who happens to be the daughter of Lex Luthor (aka the real Brainiac) who Superman killed in Superman Begins before he went into hiding! That's why Faora (real name Ursa Brainiac) orchestrated the siege of Earth. As a form of revenge for killing his father.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

What?!?! No! Zod is the guardian of Faora who happens to be the daughter of Lex Luthor (aka the real Brainiac) who Superman killed in Superman Begins before he went into hiding! That's why Faora (real name Ursa Brainiac) orchestrated the siege of Earth. As a form of revenge for killing his father.

It seems she will break Superman's bank account then.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First trailer I have seen for the movie and for me, it looks kinda cool. I don't read Superman (at least, not until recently) so maybe that's a good thing since I don't have any expectations outside of a good story with lots of action.

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By trebean

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

And all of this happened because Superman told the Kryptonians over by telling them his address.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#168 the_stegman  Moderator

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Only after Zod breaks the Superman, and kidnaps him, dropping him into a cave where he has to overcome his fear and climb up a tall wall only then to realize he can fly and just floats out.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

I was skeptical, I had no desire to see it but it looks awesome, lots of fighting always a plus. I assume it will be very little plot and a lot of action and I'm fine with that. Snyder is a good director (hopefully he eases up o the slow-mo usage) I'm anxious to see this.

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something that caught my interest was the fact that Zod and Faora are beating Supes ass while they have the Kryptonian armor while at the end of the trailer Zod has no armor and is getting his ass handed to him. Is possible that the suit allows Zod and Ursa to absorb sunlight more efficiently? Supes should be stronger for being under the sun longer but they suit would make them superior to Supes. Plus they are more experience fighters. Also I believe Clark will find Kara at the end of the movie.

SHTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By SHTR

Simply fantastic.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Only after Zod breaks the Superman, and kidnaps him, dropping him into a cave where he has to overcome his fear and climb up a tall wall only then to realize he can fly and just floats out.

Haha! Plot holes. Like that one in the end.... People thought Supes died in that nuke explosion... He's the goddamn Superman, of course he'll live!!!!

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By SandMan_

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Haha! Plot holes. Like that one in the end.... People thought Supes died in that nuke explosion... He's the goddamn Superman, of course he'll live!!!!

He'll be at a coffee shop in Europe with Wonder Woman.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Where Perry sees them?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Where Perry sees them?

Exactamundo.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 the_stegman  Moderator

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:
    @sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@the_stegman said:

@sandman_ said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@sandman_ said:

@the_stegman said:

Spoiler Alert

Where Perry sees them?

Exactamundo.

And the female Jimmy Olsen discovers the Fortress of Solitude and becomes not so Super girl

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This film looks awesome, I just hope it is as good as it seems on the trailer.

Arinya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wow! This looks gorgeous. Question...if Supes is an alien from another universe, why do they speak English? It always bugged me when I was little.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

s'gonna be awesome!

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I can't wait to hear Laurence Fishburne tell us not to call him "chief"

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to hear Laurence Fishburne tell us not to call him "chief"

I can't wait to hear Laurence Fishburne tell us not to call him "Mr White"!

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Transformers movies did make an effort to explain how the Transformers learned english. Thor was silly bec. the norse gods not only could speak english but talked in funny english. Hopefully, the Superman movie will have some explanation on how all the kryptonians learned english. My guess on how Superman manages to beat more than a dozen kryptonians is maybe Faora breaks Superman's balls and Superman goes into a berserker rage and kills all of the evil kryptonians. the end.

Bloxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superdork: Whoa, what if they were the skulls of dead Krytonians! :O

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#184  Edited By Captain13

Could that be Green Lantern at 0:44?

No Caption Provided

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

I will find him!!!

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hyped at this movie!

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could that be Green Lantern at 0:44?

No Caption Provided

most likely Kal-El's pod coming to Earth

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By w0nd

@bloxx: i figured it was a bunch of charred humans lol

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13: i think for an origin story of superman that would be pointless...even fr easter egg cameo sake.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.