Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18885 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Lobdell's plans for: supes,action comics and Superman annual

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^ here you are a little news regarding Lobdell plans for the Superman's titles

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Oh terrific more future plans from Lobdell. Getting slightly worried now about what he'll do to Superman.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" there are plans afoot to write the Most Ambitious Superman Story Ever. It is epic in scale, spanning hundreds of years and putting Superman at odds against two of the most powerful, most evil entities in the Universe (and yes, we've already met them)."

hopefully he is talking about Helspont (pretty sure) and Darkseid (..not so sure).

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hopefully there's more pay off than H'el on Earth.

I'm looking forward to what transpires.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he's giving Hector Hammond a stupid Super-Villain name? "Mindstorm"

what's next? Lex Luthor called Evilman? I'm fully convinced now this guy is an idiot, and I deeply fear his idea of an ambitious Superman story.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boot Lobdell but keep Rocaforth

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His sales since on Superman have stabilized far more than any of the three teams that preceded him. The book is pretty solid right now. The Only book that Lobdell has written that has not sold well is Red Hood And The Outlaws and still it was never on the chopping block while he was writing it. It was consistently selling about 30,000 to 33,000 copies a month.

My point is, the sales of Lobdell books are not bad. They are better than a lot of the books in the Nu52 that are still going in fact. If you find his work mediocre or bad that is one thing, but at least he has revived the Superman's title.

Lobdell takes a lot of heat around here.Not everything he does is gold. Not everything any writer does is gold. But he gets (to my mind) unfairly dumped on around here.

Personally, I've found some of Lobdell's comics to be quite good,( as Superman annual #1,Superman #13,Superman#0 and #15) and some not so much..but opinions, as always, may vary.

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hopefully there's more pay off than H'el on Earth.

I'm looking forward to what transpires.

Quoted for truth. If there's a bit more consistency (ie writing and art) and a bit more depth (ie villainy and plot device) we could get something really amazing.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Eternal19

I'll pass Lobdell really isnt that good of a writer. Its pretty sad how the Superman mythos is being crapped on so early in the New 52 by horrid writers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just hope he can creater a real powerful Super-Villain.not like Pre-crisis

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deaditegonzo

@toptom said:

" there are plans afoot to write the Most Ambitious Superman Story Ever. It is epic in scale, spanning hundreds of years and putting Superman at odds against two of the most powerful, most evil entities in the Universe (and yes, we've already met them)."

hopefully he is talking about Helspont (pretty sure) and Darkseid (..not so sure).

That article was great! And I thought the same thing, could you imagine Darkseid and Helspont in the same arc? Superman caught in between the two of them? Both claim to be superior beings in the universe, and both laid claim to Earth, is it possible they are NOT fond of eachother. If my favourite villain from the pre-52 (Darkseid), and my favourite villain from the New-52 (Helspont) both show up facing my favourite Hero of all time in a centuries long battle, I may just have to buy 100 copies lol. That would be bigger and more ambitious than anything I could have hoped for. Gah, so far as hints go, are Highfather and Orion hints, especially since Highfather claimed Superman is a threat to the universe.

The only bad thing is it seems the writers arent even attempting to keep up the ILLUSION that Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship is real. Just sad, a lot of wasted potential.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like his description of how Superman should be. Reminds me a great deal of All Star Superman—he seems to understand that you need to embrace the silver-age sci-fi wackiness to make the character work. Hoping this is good.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
    consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@lvenger said:

Oh terrific more future plans from Lobdell. Getting slightly worried now about what he'll do to Superman.

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jesusdisciple001

Don't drop heat on because he's hit and miss in superman at least he isn't making it up as it goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.