Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18939 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Kyptonian Physiology

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mighty dude

If Superman is nearly indestructible, so much so that everything from bullets to missiles ricochet off without a single scratch, wouldn't that mean that his body would feel completely ridged to anyone that wasn't him? I imagine that his skin would have the same consistency as stone. Just because he is indestructible, does that mean his skin would still have the elasticity of human skin? For instance if you were to touch the cartilage part of his nose, would it move or feel like steel? If this was the case, you would think that it would be an issue seeing as anybody who might so brush into him on the street as Clark might be suspicious as to why his skin was so rock solid. And poor Lois (or WW) having to kiss lips of steel!

Well, I know it's somewhat of a silly question, but if you have an answer please enlighten me.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Hard and tough are two different things.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By colonyofcells

I heard Superman's skin feels the same as human skin but cannot be injured.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KnightRise

It can't be pierced, shredded, burnt, or damaged by conventional means. The bonds between cells/molecules/atoms or whatever cannot be torn. That doesn't mean he's hard all the time (Giggity). I think of it like when something attempts to pass its energy kinetic, Kryptonian body rejects the exchange and results in the something taking damage. Poke him all you want, try to strike Superman and its like hitting a metal beam with a wooden bat, or just punching it.

adamrolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By adamrolls

Yes his skin feels like normal human skin if you touch him. He  has a solar powered an impenetrable aura which is activated by anything harmful- Bombs, Bullets, even dirt and bacteria.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.